Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

View Poll Results: What part of a Group Finder feature is most important to you?
Forming a group for Operations 180 5.57%
Forming a group for Flashpoints 1,653 51.11%
Forming a group for Heroic Missions 273 8.44%
Forming a group for something else 39 1.21%
No preference/all of the above 1,089 33.67%
Voters: 3234. You may not vote on this poll

Illyean
04.27.2012 , 09:53 AM | #511
this has to be the most stupid question to poll about, the answer is EVERYTHING, if you have to do it in stages 1) why? 2) ask the right question then

The divisive points will be

cross server (at this point there is not a sufficiently high population on servers to justify not doing cross server, but it should be an option)

build/gear/stat filtering (do you want to pick up a tank with 13k?)

AC filtering

if its for everything not just end game then level range filtering, do you want carrying through Esseles for social and ls/ds or do you only want to do it on level?

probably a few more, but these are some of the key points.

Ffor the love of God if you are going to solicit input into a design state your case clearly (You are the designer) and open up the parts you want to discuss, generic crap like this to give the impression of community involvement is, quite frankly, a waste of time!

Shtrapp
05.02.2012 , 09:29 AM | #512
Flashpoint Group Finder would be a great start. Though Heroic 4+ seem tougher to find at higher levels (Started for me on Alderaan}, I have only been able to participate in black Talon and Hammer station regular to date and I am now level 40. All the rest go grey pretty fast. As for those who want server only, I am dubious of this. Those calling for this in the name of community, were the ones at launch that wanted no group finder in the first place and we see what a fail this is. I am paying to play the game and see the content in a multiplayer context. If the singular aspect of "community" means that much to some folks, join a guild. Faction populations, especially during the off prime time hours, could make a server only Group Finder slightly less effective as having nothing at all.

bloomfireblade
05.02.2012 , 10:31 AM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by Shtrapp View Post
Flashpoint Group Finder would be a great start. Though Heroic 4+ seem tougher to find at higher levels (Started for me on Alderaan}, I have only been able to participate in black Talon and Hammer station regular to date and I am now level 40. All the rest go grey pretty fast. As for those who want server only, I am dubious of this. Those calling for this in the name of community, were the ones at launch that wanted no group finder in the first place and we see what a fail this is. I am paying to play the game and see the content in a multiplayer context. If the singular aspect of "community" means that much to some folks, join a guild. Faction populations, especially during the off prime time hours, could make a server only Group Finder slightly less effective as having nothing at all.
well even if such a finder is done it also depends of the attitude of the server population and basicly that is questionable but bioware will do as they all ways do "Their thing" regardless what we think about it

Rigo
05.06.2012 , 09:46 AM | #514
I personally want a group tool for everything I think it would unrealistic for it to be expect everything all at once. But I would be ok if started with flash points first then moved on to operations.

I am the person where the group tool helps. I don't enjoy spending hours trying form a group then have little time to play because most of was spent "forming" the group. Most of play times is typically not peak times. So its difficult to find groups.

I'm not saying if someone is paying their subscription they should get everything. But anyone that is paying a subscription should atleast have the chance to atleast experience most of the game regardless of when they play and the population of the server.

There were two really big things that stopped me from playing SWTOR after I hit lvl 50. One was the UI which after 1.2 is tolerable. The other was a group tool. I for one don't enjoy sitting spamming chat trying to find a group.

I think a group tool that is server only is not going to be work . Especially on low populated servers. For que times to be realistic its going to have to be cross-server. I'm ok if its one of those where the tech isn't mature enough to handle cross-servers. With the first implementation being server only.
CE VIP

thestormiscoming
05.06.2012 , 03:04 PM | #515
We need this now AND cross server finder. It's 5PM on a Sunday and we have spent the last 45 min looking for a tank to run BT HM for the daily mission. A couple of weeks ago this would have been instant, but it looks like more people are going the way of the buffalo. 40-50 people in the Imperial Fleet on a Sunday evening...
"This is the price you pay for loss of control."

Holytoe
09.17.2012 , 08:49 PM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by Uxorious View Post
I voted Flashpoints - as this is where it is most needed. This is almost dead now and we need ppl to get groups for this more easy. I'd prefer x-realm coz i have the view that it is more important to get groups fast and efficiant then to stay whithin your own server. Bioware saya they wanna keep the server community by making groups inside the server, but i feel this only has limited effect on the server community. X-realam also helps grouping on unbalanced servers, so i feel its a much bigger pro then a con.

I do feel people need LFG tool for HC quests and Operations also.

Something simulare to the PvP tool would be awesome - you sign up for a HC FP and when your group is ready you get message. Though it is needed to be ways to kick players going afk or being unfriendly, and there needs to be a panalty for leaving.

Personaly i feel the LFG that eventualy came in WoW was very nice and well receaved by the community there, for worling well. After a lot of experiance they found out that giving rewards for roles that were rare gave more signups for this role, and that buffing "random" groups also motivated players to sign up for this.
I think some sort of completion buff would be a great motivator for people to run flashpoints daily. Similar to how you can get a buff for completing world boss on Voss Nightmare Pilgrim. Diablo 3 has a buff that increases gold find after five elite groups are killed. Something along those lines may be appropriate here.

Now that the LookingForGroup Tool is live and I have used it for a while now, I think Bioware implemented LFG well. There still seems to be something missing. For example, if you are level 50 and need social points, you are not able to join a queue for low level flashpoints. Which means, a lot of people will be advertising their interest in joining a FP in general chat.

Another problem is returning to missions on planets requires travel back from fleet to planet after using lfg interface. Maximizing play-time is important to some, so I believe this addition will gain the required support to add to live.
Life is a delicate negotiation. cake is a lie and this is all a figment of your imagination. And the sith code about passion... interesting...