Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

twink crafting

DaveMoomin
05.01.2012 , 07:21 AM | #1
hi all, just a quick question about crafting.

i wanted to create a new person just for crafting, i know i will need to get to the point where i get my first companion and get to the trainers (about Lvl 7)

but is there any reasion why i couldnt then Lvl this guys crafting up to 400 or will i need to actually Lvl the account itself?

Karl-Just-Karl
05.01.2012 , 07:47 AM | #2
Character level has no effect on crafting outcome. That said, it is very time consuming to level mission and profession skills without multiple companions.

DaveMoomin
05.01.2012 , 07:56 AM | #3
thats good to know, its kinda stupid to be honist.
i can have TOR running on my laptop and go to it every 6 minutes or so and send a companion out on missions but i dont actually have time to play the game.

now just to find a way to make enough cash to sustain it

psandak
05.01.2012 , 08:36 AM | #4
realize that level does impact the ease with which you can complete skill missions. Sending a level 7-10 companion to do even the second tier of missions will result in a lot of failures. I know this because even when my skill far exceeds the level range my companions still return with failures

Ras_Thavas
05.01.2012 , 08:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
realize that level does impact the ease with which you can complete skill missions. Sending a level 7-10 companion to do even the second tier of missions will result in a lot of failures. I know this because even when my skill far exceeds the level range my companions still return with failures
I don't think this is true. I have 2 maxed out crafters, and both of them were maxed out before level 25. I don't have a high failure rate on gathering missions. In fact, my failure rate is very low. 6.4% failure on 406 underworld trading missions, 5.15% on 369 slicing missions. Most of those done while under level 20.

Mozivicus
05.01.2012 , 09:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ras_Thavas View Post
I don't think this is true. I have 2 maxed out crafters, and both of them were maxed out before level 25. I don't have a high failure rate on gathering missions. In fact, my failure rate is very low. 6.4% failure on 406 underworld trading missions, 5.15% on 369 slicing missions. Most of those done while under level 20.
+1
Same situation here. My biochem alt just hit level 24 last night and has been 400 Biochem and bioanalysis for a couple weeks. He has 3 companions, 2 of which are deploy-able. As long as I stick to the green and yellow missions, I don't get failures. BTW, the companion affections are about 3K and 1K, fwiw

lunartic
05.01.2012 , 09:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Not True, I have all crew skills at max on two lv50 mains and six lv 10 - 15 alts and they do fine. Your level doesnt affect crafting result.

DaveMoomin
05.02.2012 , 01:02 AM | #8
great thanks for the help guys, this is really usefull.

Sithhelmet
05.02.2012 , 01:34 AM | #9
The problem you're going to have though is once you get into the rank 4, 5 and 6 missions they take a very long time to get you points in the crew skill, particularly if you only have one companion to send. Even getting the ship droid will help in this case, and now that you don't have to wait until level 14 for sprint it's a lot easier to get at least that far.

I have all 8 slots filled on my server, and all (but one) is 400/400 in crew skills. I'll send the others's companions off on long missions so I don't go crazy switching toons while focusing one one toon at a time when I need to run some faster crew missions or do whatever.