Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

StephenReid
12.17.2011 , 12:34 PM | #1
The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:
"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long Ė on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective Ė to make sure folks have fun.

While we canít promise that there wonít ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

Diantir
12.17.2011 , 12:40 PM | #2
thanks waiting sucks, I had to wait 2 hours now to get back on to the server just because of an internet disconnect

edit: wow it gets worse every day, now I can't even play anymore because my internet isn't that stable and before I get to the end of the queue I have an disconnect

just a small calculation: lets say we all wait 4 hours a day 10 post each page, 255 pages = 10200 hours wasted a day, lol we have to get that time payed by ea/bioware ^^

Zettai
12.17.2011 , 12:42 PM | #3
Thanks for the info although I think 6 hours of queue not so reasonable. (TOFN)

stavrakas
12.17.2011 , 12:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zettai View Post
Thanks for the info although I think 6 hours of queue not so reasonable. (TOFN)
Quote for truth. Just give us the option to server transfer our whole guild, which you guys assigned to that freaking server.

AcidWeb
12.17.2011 , 12:44 PM | #5
@Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Joined queue at 15:15 CET
There is now 19:44 CET and there is 345 ppl before me.

Have mercy.

UPDATE:
I'n in - 20:50.

5h 35m in queue!

bibihest
12.17.2011 , 12:44 PM | #6
Quote:
While we canít promise that there wonít ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."
What has been done since tuesday? Queues has only gotten bigger ^^. Sitting in the queue right now, still have 1k ahead of me!!
It's NOT a trap! Member of the Semper Danica Havoc squad.

Minmatar
12.17.2011 , 12:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by stavrakas View Post
Quote for truth. Just give us the option to server transfer our whole guild, which you guys assigned to that freaking server.
I would have to agree if you wish us to transfer to the newer servers that get added then there needs to be a free transfer for the Guild and Members.

KinkyFluff
12.17.2011 , 12:46 PM | #8
Queues aren't the problem. The problem is the lack of grace period when getting disconnected. After waiting a few hours to connect, disconnecting after a few minutes and having to wait hours AGAIN is not a nice thing.

JSandgren
12.17.2011 , 12:47 PM | #9
Yes thank you for this update.

But having to wait several hours, added with your nice little feature "Internal server error" that automatically disconnects you after being afk for too long (at least for as long as it takes to get something to eat ~ 10-20 mins) making you have to wait several hours AGAIN.

Had it not been for the fact that me and my guild was assigned to the red eclipse right from the start, maybe I had not bothered whining, but you sent us there on day 1, now we have characters getting close to 35, I mean, "don't hesitate to try to log onto another server" (or whatever tip someone staff posted somewhere else), that's an insult for crying out loud!
It's not my fault!

Bobakush
12.17.2011 , 12:47 PM | #10
How about people who have already waited through the queue only to DC and have to wait all over again?

Is there any protection planned here? What if our main tank dc's...
"I'm trying to rid the world of these fevered egos that are tainting our collective unconscious."
- Bill Hicks