Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hardmode Denova: Toth & Zorn Bugged


Baneberry's Avatar


Baneberry
04.30.2012 , 03:16 PM | #21
Dots that are up on the boss before he casts fearful will not trigger the damage. Any dots cast after fearful is up will.

Also

Most dps have those BIS trinkets that have a chance to proc damage on hit. The damage from that trinket will return fearful damage to you, and the trinket can proc from dots put up on the boss before fearful was cast.

the trinkets will also cause wipes on firebrand and storm caller. BIS trinkets are a hindrance/Liability in the first 2 fights in the new instance....Great design bioware.

yes, you can position your raid to avoid the fearful debuff all together, but the debuff shouldn't be killing anybody if the get it.
I bring you pain, the kind you cant suffer quietly!

Maestrodomus's Avatar


Maestrodomus
05.01.2012 , 09:35 AM | #22
There are bugs in this fight regarding this debuff no matter how good your positioning is. Just because you don't see them in 3 weeks doesn't mean they don't exist.

Last night, our tanks started getting rooted in place, had their buffs removed, and couldn't attack until the boss did a knock-back. First time we'd seen it in a month of tries. Stop trying to sound cool and start trying to help.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

xenofire's Avatar


xenofire
05.01.2012 , 05:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Maestrodomus View Post
There are bugs in this fight regarding this debuff no matter how good your positioning is. Just because you don't see them in 3 weeks doesn't mean they don't exist.

Last night, our tanks started getting rooted in place, had their buffs removed, and couldn't attack until the boss did a knock-back. First time we'd seen it in a month of tries. Stop trying to sound cool and start trying to help.
Bioware can tell you that many of the "bugs" reported are people just being ignorant of mechanics. There are going to be a few occasions where someone has something buggy happened, but unless they can post a combat log or a video to prove it, it's most likely just them sucking and lying about it... or just being ignorant.

Ever noticed how many times people have posted that the first boss in EV nightmare mode is bugged because occasionally a non tank gets one shot? These same people don't know you need to control the top of the threat table. It would seem like a bug without that knowledge, but I assure you, the debuff for zorn and toth is working fine. When someone in your raid says "I got the debuff" when they're attacking Zorn, it means either your positioning is bad or that player made a mistake.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Cleikauf's Avatar


Cleikauf
05.01.2012 , 11:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
Bioware can tell you that many of the "bugs" reported are people just being ignorant of mechanics. There are going to be a few occasions where someone has something buggy happened, but unless they can post a combat log or a video to prove it, it's most likely just them sucking and lying about it... or just being ignorant.

Ever noticed how many times people have posted that the first boss in EV nightmare mode is bugged because occasionally a non tank gets one shot? These same people don't know you need to control the top of the threat table. It would seem like a bug without that knowledge, but I assure you, the debuff for zorn and toth is working fine. When someone in your raid says "I got the debuff" when they're attacking Zorn, it means either your positioning is bad or that player made a mistake.
This guy is full of win. Can I join your guild?

Its not bugged, just like when someone derps and supposedly lags during every red circle. After we benched all the players who couldn't master that mechanic we killed him easily. If someone gets fearful its due to bad positioning, either on the tanks side or the dps side (Rethink strat / positioning time imo.)
Quote: Originally Posted by RahlLegacy View Post
We don't need a DPS buff because the damage we cause can only be measured in the nightmares and broken keyboards of our enemies. In that we are King.
- On Sages.

Iandayen's Avatar


Iandayen
05.02.2012 , 12:03 AM | #25
We run 2 raid groups, 8 man and 16 man, and have been killing these guys on both since the first week of 1.2 on live, and also in both operations on the PTR for weeks before that.

We have never had someone get the debuff who was doing what he was supposed to be doing. Ever.

It sounds to me like your sorc doesn't want to admit he messed up and is trying to blame it on a nonexistant bug.
Hardpeck - Arsenal Mercenary
Ambient.enjin.com

xenofire's Avatar


xenofire
05.02.2012 , 01:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Iandayen View Post
We run 2 raid groups, 8 man and 16 man, and have been killing these guys on both since the first week of 1.2 on live, and also in both operations on the PTR for weeks before that.

We have never had someone get the debuff who was doing what he was supposed to be doing. Ever.

It sounds to me like your sorc doesn't want to admit he messed up and is trying to blame it on a nonexistant bug.
So hardpeck do you agree with the forum opinion that 8 man is harder?
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

shaundibble's Avatar


shaundibble
05.02.2012 , 10:05 AM | #27
last night we kept hitting a bug where the tank on zorn would get 1 shot. after checking the combat logs this is what we found in each attempt that it happened

Death 1
20:48:49.338 Anubis's Sundering Assault hits Zorn for 515 energy damage, causing 773 threat.
20:48:49.755 Zorn's Mental Anguish (Any) hits Anubis for 346 internal damage, causing 346 threat.
20:48:51.778 Anubis gains 1 .
20:48:51.778 Zorn's Mental Anguish (Any) hits Anubis for 346 internal damage, causing 346 threat.
20:48:52.439 Demelza's Hunter's Boon effect of Hunter's Boon fades from Anubis.
20:48:52.439 Demelza's Hunter's Boon effect of Coordination fades from Anubis.
20:48:52.439 Unknown Entity (No name provided in log)'s Mark of Power effect of Mark of Power fades from Anubis.
20:48:52.439 Unknown Entity (No name provided in log)'s Mark of Power effect of Unnatural Might fades from Anubis.
20:48:52.440 Zorn's Shriek effect of Mental Anguish (Any) fades from Anubis.
20:48:52.440 Zorn's Shriek effect of Weakened (Any) fades from Anubis.
20:48:52.440 Anubis loses from Unknown Entity (No name provided in log).
20:48:52.440 Anubis gains Sprint.
20:48:52.450 Unknown Entity (No name provided in log) kills Anubis.


Death 1
20:55:56.395 Mystified's Static Barrier effect of Static Barrier fades from Anubis.
20:55:56.395 Anubis gains 1 .
20:55:56.395 Zorn's Shriek hits Anubis for 5198 internal damage, causing 5198 threat. (3893 absorbed)
20:55:56.613 Anubis's Crushing Blow effect of Armor Reduced fades from Zorn.
20:55:56.614 Lineart's Resurgence adds effect Reconstruct to Anubis.
20:55:56.614 Lineart's Resurgence adds effect Resurgence to Anubis.
20:55:56.630 Lineart's Resurgence heals Anubis for 853, causing 362 threat.
20:55:56.981 Anubis activates Force Choke.
20:55:56.981 Anubis's Crushed hits Toth for 210 kinetic damage, causing 316 threat.
20:55:57.060 Zorn's Shriek adds effect Mental Anguish (Any) to Anubis.
20:55:57.060 Zorn's Shriek adds effect Weakened (Any) to Anubis.
20:55:57.060 Zorn's Mental Anguish (Any) hits Anubis for 693 internal damage, causing 693 threat.
20:55:58.039 Anubis's Crushed hits Toth for 189 kinetic damage, causing 284 threat.
20:55:58.039 Anubis gains 1 .
20:55:58.536 Lineart's Resurgence effect of Reconstruct fades from Anubis.
20:55:58.536 Demelza's Hunter's Boon effect of Hunter's Boon fades from Anubis.
20:55:58.537 Mystified's Mark of Power effect of Mark of Power fades from Anubis.
20:55:58.537 Mystified's Mark of Power effect of Coordination fades from Anubis.
20:55:58.537 Anubis loses Battle Cry.
20:55:58.537 Demelza's Hunter's Boon effect of Unnatural Might fades from Anubis.
20:55:58.537 Lineart's Resurgence effect of Resurgence fades from Anubis.
20:55:58.538 Zorn's Emboldened effect of Fearful fades from Anubis.
20:55:58.538 Zorn's Shriek effect of Mental Anguish (Any) fades from Anubis.
20:55:58.538 Zorn's Shriek effect of Weakened (Any) fades from Anubis.
20:55:58.538 Anubis loses from Unknown Entity (No name provided in log).
20:55:58.539 Anubis gains Sprint.
20:55:58.550 Toth's Smash hits Anubis for 4647 kinetic damage, causing 4647 threat.
20:55:58.550 Toth kills Anubis.
20:55:59.291 Anubis's Crushed hits Toth for 165 kinetic damage.
20:55:59.291 Anubis gains 1 .

anybody else hitting this problem checked with 2 different parser (askmrrobot + torparse) and both show the same unknown ability doing around 30k dmg

Ability Flurry (no name)
Damage Taken 31.2% 69995 13.8% 30975
Absorbed 15142 0

Typeslice's Avatar


Typeslice
05.02.2012 , 12:06 PM | #28
To those having issues with this, there is a better strat that totally negates this...
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

nezitx's Avatar


nezitx
05.02.2012 , 12:23 PM | #29
What's really stupid about this fight, and particularly the fearful debuff is that it goes completely against what Bioware keeps telling us in regards to how they want operation bosses to work. They talk about how they want the effects to be on the screen, so that you SEE the effect or attack and can judge from that what to do. I can't recall the quotes, but I'm sure I heard several before 1.2 and during the guild summit.

The point is, you can't see the fearful debuff as a spell effect and compensate for it. This whole "you gotta stand exactly 29.5 meters away and touch your left hand to your nose while turning counter clock wise just to avoid a debuff that besides a tiny icon you wouldn't know you got hit by..." is just stupid and poor design. It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't tell us that they want to do the exact opposite. How about a big ol circle shows up around Zorn that's 25m wide. Run out or get fearful in X seconds. Simple, visual and you can clearly tell whats going on and if it's actually bugged by being outside it and still getting the debuff.
Nezy - 50 Marauder (main)
Nez - 50 Operative (alt)
Nezix - First 50 Sorcerer on Vrook Lamar. (retired)

Typeslice's Avatar


Typeslice
05.02.2012 , 01:52 PM | #30
deleted original post
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com