Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bio/EA Please clarify the policy for using 3rd party combat parcers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bio/EA Please clarify the policy for using 3rd party combat parcers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ruffceyx
05.01.2012 , 04:36 AM | #21
It is shown in game, try checking your chat options. Its called Combat...

JasonParker
05.01.2012 , 04:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
If the EULA states that third party programs are in violation, then I would expect that I could be facing a possible ban if I were to use a third party parser to view that information in real time.
The question is where that info is shown. If it is displayed on a second monitor or another window you should be fine. If it is displayed similar to for instance the Steam or X-Fire overlays it's more of a problem. To elaborate on the reasons would violate the forum rules of discussing cheats/exploits/hacks. Not saying that the parsers are cheats.

Ratajack
05.01.2012 , 04:52 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruffceyx View Post
It is shown in game, try checking your chat options. Its called Combat...
That's strange, under my chat options in preferences, i have NO combat option. I do, however, have a combat logging option in the main preferences. Under the combat logging option, I have the three choices-show victory messages in chat, show defeat messages in chat and enable combat logging to FILE. So, unless I am missing it, NOWHERE is there an option to display full detailed combat logs in game in real time. If I am missing it, please let us know how to enable showing full detailed combat logs in game without a third party parser.

Tristal
05.01.2012 , 11:36 AM | #24
I'm also curious about this, this therefore is a bump.

AllisonBerryman
05.01.2012 , 02:59 PM | #25 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
We’ve asked our Terms of Service department, and we can confirm it is not part of our policy to ban players for using combat log parsers. If anyone feels like an action has been taken against their account in error, we strongly encourage you to contact support (http://www.swtor.com/support/form) with details. Please keep in mind that we do monitor for anything that violates the Terms of Service (speedhacking, botting, or any other third-party software that interacts with the client to result in unintended behavior). We also encourage people to be very careful about downloading and using any third-party software – remember to take the safety of your computer seriously!

iceperson
05.01.2012 , 03:25 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We’ve asked our Terms of Service department, and we can confirm it is not part of our policy to ban players for using combat log parsers.
I'd say that is about as definitive as it gets.

krahar
05.01.2012 , 06:12 PM | #27
We’ve asked our Terms of Service department, and we can confirm it is not part of our policy to ban players for using combat log parsers. If anyone feels like an action has been taken against their account in error, we strongly encourage you to contact support (http://www.swtor.com/support/form) with details. Please keep in mind that we do monitor for anything that violates the Terms of Service (speedhacking, botting, or any other third-party software that interacts with the client to result in unintended behavior). We also encourage people to be very careful about downloading and using any third-party software – remember to take the safety of your computer seriously!
Can you clarify that for combat parsers that are shown in real time as an overlay on top of the game?

monkgryphon
05.01.2012 , 06:14 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by krahar View Post
Can you clarify that for combat parsers that are shown in real time as an overlay on top of the game?
Overlays are typically a clear window placed over the windowed version of SWTOR, so highly doubt that is against the rules, because it's just like me putting it on my second screen.

bennygold
05.01.2012 , 10:25 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
Overlays are typically a clear window placed over the windowed version of SWTOR, so highly doubt that is against the rules, because it's just like me putting it on my second screen.
A better example is when you intercept the direct x calls and put an overlay on the game (similar to how steam Shift+Tab or xfire work). Comment on this is different to the one for a parser app which sits very much alone in its own window, transparent or otherwise.

Tristal
05.01.2012 , 10:28 PM | #30
Awesome, thanks for finding out!