Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advanced Recon Commandos vs Havoc Squad

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Advanced Recon Commandos vs Havoc Squad

Aximand
04.28.2012 , 02:06 PM | #11
Gonna go with Havoc Squad, I haven't seen any ARC troopers take down a Sith Lord and their retinue by themselves.

Edit: By by themselves, I mean without Jedi support.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

LeeC
04.29.2012 , 11:56 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
They did???
I know they took down a fair number of his Magna Guards, but I'm pretty sure they never fought Greivous once.
I remember getting him in my sights with my sniper rifle, but I could be remembering it wrong...

Fyurii
04.29.2012 , 08:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
I remember getting him in my sights with my sniper rifle, but I could be remembering it wrong...
You probably looked at him through the sniper attachment's scope, but at no point did you take on Greivous.
That short moment of seeing him on Kashyyyk was all you got in Republic Commando, before your first fight with the Magna Guards.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

ImperialSalesman
05.01.2012 , 04:22 AM | #14
Delta squad did not take on grievous in the game. but on hypori, captain fordo's squad of ARCs took on grievous and succeeded where half a dozen jedi failed

Fyurii
05.01.2012 , 08:52 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSalesman View Post
Delta squad did not take on grievous in the game. but on hypori, captain fordo's squad of ARCs took on grievous and succeeded where half a dozen jedi failed
That was a rescue mission, and they did take losses. Funnily enough it was to rescue half a dozen Jedi, that turned out to be three Jedi with only one of them still standing and two requiring medical attention.
When you look at what they took him on with, it really does put his movie depiction to shame.
________║≤o≥║___________

Mirdthestrill
05.01.2012 , 09:17 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
That was a rescue mission, and they did take losses. Funnily enough it was to rescue half a dozen Jedi, that turned out to be three Jedi with only one of them still standing and two requiring medical attention.
When you look at what they took him on with, it really does put his movie depiction to shame.
Hand-Animated Clone Wars has some qualities that the CGI version will never have (Durge...). I still enjoy watching them now and again.
I <3 alts!

Yinican
05.01.2012 , 02:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LieutenantCole View Post
Havoc Squad is only a six man team, the ARCs are an entire division. You're better off pitting the entire Republic Special Forces division against the ARCs. But yeah, I would agree with a Havoc Squad vs. Delta Squad scenario would be a pretty interesting match-up.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battl...alactic_War%29

It is mentioned on the Star Wars wiki page, that most of the Havoc Squad was killed. If you speculate about the size, even though it is only squad by name, it could consist of more than just 6 soldiers. I haven't read any of then TOR novels, but I doubt that Havoc Squad is the only SpecForce unit in the entire Republic.

General Garza mentions it is the 325th SpecForce unit IIRC and it is codenamed Havoc. So in theory there could be more than one SpecForce squad.

On topic ARC troopers and all the clone troopers are clones, genetically engineered to perform at top efficiency and to be cannon fodder. ARC and Delta Squad have received additional training. Havoc fights for the survival of the Republic, while clone troopers just follow orders (look up Order 66).

My choice, Havoc Squad over ARC troopers

LieutenantCole
05.01.2012 , 03:59 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Yinican View Post
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battl...alactic_War%29

It is mentioned on the Star Wars wiki page, that most of the Havoc Squad was killed. If you speculate about the size, even though it is only squad by name, it could consist of more than just 6 soldiers. I haven't read any of then TOR novels, but I doubt that Havoc Squad is the only SpecForce unit in the entire Republic.

General Garza mentions it is the 325th SpecForce unit IIRC and it is codenamed Havoc. So in theory there could be more than one SpecForce squad.

On topic ARC troopers and all the clone troopers are clones, genetically engineered to perform at top efficiency and to be cannon fodder. ARC and Delta Squad have received additional training. Havoc fights for the survival of the Republic, while clone troopers just follow orders (look up Order 66).

My choice, Havoc Squad over ARC troopers
Exactly, I was saying that the Republic Special Forces was an entire division of thousands of soldiers, all divided into seperate regiments, platoons, etc. Not just a single squad/unit consisting of six soldiers. (Havoc Squad).

Fyurii
05.01.2012 , 04:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirdthestrill View Post
(Durge...).
Was a good BH character that wasn't a Boba or Jango knock-off... Until they decided on him throwing an Akira moment.
________║≤o≥║___________

ImperialSalesman
05.03.2012 , 02:53 AM | #20
[QUOTE=Yinican;4218227]http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battl...alactic_War%29

I was talking about captain fordo's squad only