Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crewskill Apps & Companion labor laws

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crewskill Apps & Companion labor laws

Drewhat
05.01.2012 , 02:04 PM | #1
So I was thinking that if there were such a thing as a crewskill app, so many prices would drop to the point, where it may be difficult for those people who would not sit at their phones all day pushing a button.

For this reason, it may be wise to think of a mechanic ahead of time that would prohibit the 'slaving' of your companions. I would propose the possibility of graduated affection loss for the amount of 'overtime' that they work.

You could say that every week they will work for 40 hours, but for every 15 minutes they work over that they would lose n^2 affection. So if you forced a max affection corso to work a 60 hour week he would be down to 3600 affection by the end of that week. And if their affection got to 0 and they had no free hours left, then they wouldn't work.

So if you were going to be farming your alts and companions you better be pretty darn profitable, or just okay with having a higher overhead, or just dealing with a normal 40 hours worth of work per companion.

Perhaps too, you could incentivize even better (more efficient/critical) work buy giving them shorter work weeks in exchange for better crit % or efficiencies...

Kane_Mkvenner
05.01.2012 , 02:10 PM | #2
"Day's never finished. Master's got me working. Someday master set me freeee!"

Stone_Rain
05.01.2012 , 02:29 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewhat View Post
So I was thinking that if there were such a thing as a crewskill app, so many prices would drop to the point, where it may be difficult for those people who would not sit at their phones all day pushing a button.

For this reason, it may be wise to think of a mechanic ahead of time that would prohibit the 'slaving' of your companions. I would propose the possibility of graduated affection loss for the amount of 'overtime' that they work.

You could say that every week they will work for 40 hours, but for every 15 minutes they work over that they would lose n^2 affection. So if you forced a max affection corso to work a 60 hour week he would be down to 3600 affection by the end of that week. And if their affection got to 0 and they had no free hours left, then they wouldn't work.

So if you were going to be farming your alts and companions you better be pretty darn profitable, or just okay with having a higher overhead, or just dealing with a normal 40 hours worth of work per companion.

Perhaps too, you could incentivize even better (more efficient/critical) work buy giving them shorter work weeks in exchange for better crit % or efficiencies...
That's a horrible idea! how would I continue to amass my stacks of fat credits? Now get back to work and i'll get back to mashing buttons on my phone!