Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[RE]cycling

GnatB
05.01.2012 , 01:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadothan View Post
Where are you getting the prices of the mats to create "said" item? GTN? In a way you can never really know the absolute price of materials for crafting, nor the armor to RE. Its really up to the person who does the crew skills, and/or goes out and collects stuff from nodes, to determine how much their time vs credits spent is worth to others.
Not entirely true, due to harvesting missions. For everything but purple mats there is a flat X credits gets me X mats. (+ some on crit). Which is why I pretty much ignore the mats on the GTN. The prices there are usually rediculously high. I can only assume that the poeple buying mats there either don't realize they can send their companions on missions to get the same mats for far cheaper, were foolish enough to pick the wrong crewskill, so CAN'T send their companions on missions to get the mats they need for far cheaper, or are somehow using the GTN to launder credits for gold selling sites. Mostly the latter, as I'd assume there are very few of the former 2.

Drewhat
05.01.2012 , 01:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Not entirely true, due to harvesting missions. For everything but purple mats there is a flat X credits gets me X mats. (+ some on crit). Which is why I pretty much ignore the mats on the GTN. The prices there are usually rediculously high. I can only assume that the poeple buying mats there either don't realize they can send their companions on missions to get the same mats for far cheaper, were foolish enough to pick the wrong crewskill, so CAN'T send their companions on missions to get the mats they need for far cheaper, or are somehow using the GTN to launder credits for gold selling sites. Mostly the latter, as I'd assume there are very few of the former 2.
Even then, i would consider that a 'soft floor' for material since you could probably spend the same amount of time farming from planets and get approximately the same amount of material in an hour as you would sending 2-3 companions out on gathering missions. Mostly it's time/value calculations for your companions and what you are doing in the world. If in the 2 hours you are logged on and all the work that your companions are doing is worth 10x per hour than what you would lose on the markup of the goods that you are getting for them to do the work, then it is worth them being 'overpriced'.

SpatterJack
05.01.2012 , 02:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
You are disregarding a significant "other" reason, i.e. the L50 main character with a fat bankroll and limited patience, who wants to skill-up an alt rapidly. Someone like that will buy up stacks of "overpriced" resources without a second thought.

I'm constantly being reminded on these boards that "a L50 can earn 300K credits daily just from doing daily missions". I've not reached that level myself, so I've no way to argue.