Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Names. How are you handling them RP-wise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying
Legacy Names. How are you handling them RP-wise

04.15.2012 , 03:46 AM | #41
At the moment, the Van'Hasselt Legacy focuses on an underworld family dedicated to hustling. The two characters I have at the moment are both brothers to one another, but separated by a heist against the Empire that went wrong.

Any folks whom I feel are part of the 'family' so to speak will most likely remain with the Surname, but a few folks will be contacts of the family (allies) or opposing criminal families (rivals)
Ekkan Van'Hasselt The Gunslinger
Yugevai Van'Hasselt the Sorcerer

Only on The Progenitor!

04.16.2012 , 05:04 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulfric_Dragnix View Post
Something I've noticed with the Legacy family tree is that u can have same sex spouses married but in-game we cant romance same sex companions?
I'm sure others noticed this.. but wondering if that's the case in the family tree.. why so hard for it to be added to companions also?
It's been explained at the Guild Summit that the same-gender companion romance content was not finished in time to make it to the game launch and that it will become available in the future.

It's my opinion they didn't intend to insult people, it's just another section of the game they simply could not finish and have bug-free fast enough for the launch of the game. I thought about it and realized they can't really put it in only in pieces, like just one class at a time or just half of the romance at a time because people would be even more angry and frustrated about it being incomplete rather than missing entirely.

So, I'm sad that it's not here for the people who desire it, and having it later sort of invalidates a lot of stuff you already RP'd or played through if you have to start relationships all over again at level 50 or something, but at least I feel comforted knowing it's coming.

People who are unhappy with the game have some fair logic in grumbling about content/features which were promised but are not available. This has become the rule rather than the exception for every MMO I've been involved with. And for the record, as an Ethics philosopher, just because "all the other guys are doing it" that doesn't mean it's OK.
My curiosity is stronger than your security measure.
Game Revolution Radio

04.18.2012 , 11:50 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Hrisskar View Post
I am activating my Legacy name on my main character, and hiding it for the rest.
Quoted for the Truth
Penumbral | Jung Ma Server

04.19.2012 , 02:52 AM | #44
Just got to Legacy level. But was not to hard for me as I already had connections between them.

My Twi'lek Sith sorcerer is the twin sister of my Twi'lek Jedi knight , the Jedi sister was taken from her family by a jedi master who prefered the more robust sister over the more frail one.

The Jedi master was accompanied by my human republic trooper who was married to a woman who would become a cyborg bounty hunter. The wife had opposed the Jedi master whilst her husband had supported him, the resulting confrontation resulted in the wife becoming a cyborg & thought dead by the trooper.

An old Bounty hunter (Legacy name) saved the wife & taught her the trade, & aided the remaining Twi'lek to the Empire & become a Sith.

I just can not help making characters, & they all have a rough back story that usually intertwines with my other characters anyway, & sometimes I make characters because the story needs it, i.e. the Sith needed a twin sister, enter the Twi'lek Jedi . Legacy makes it easier to keep track of.

04.19.2012 , 02:59 AM | #45
My legacy name is only for my human characters.

My chiss and twi'lek have their family/clan in their name.

I only linked my humans as family in legacy tree, the rest enemy/friend.
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Referral linkfor you to get goodies.
Twitter | Raptr | Tumblr

04.24.2012 , 09:07 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Mnemnosyne View Post
There's millions of inhabited planets in the galaxy and quadrillions of sentients out there. The fact that more than one person (even from different species) happen to share a name but be completely unrelated is unsurprising.
EXACTLY right and true. My family name is Polish, but is phoenetically (and, anglicized, digitally) identical to a common Indian name.

As for char names, the "father" in my Legacy is a Sith Assasin who had a lot of "female companions", and sired 2 Jedi (Sent and Shadow, twins) by one, a Vanguard Trooper by another, a Marauder by his "regular" consort, and a Merc and a Sniper by two others. Distant cousins is also another easy option
I hate violence. I'm just really, really prepared for Peace.

05.01.2012 , 11:12 AM | #47
Mine is fairly easy as I love the Chiss. Kylania and Thelianna are twin sisters. Ky was raised by her mother in Imperial space and Thel was raised by her father in Hutt space. Morella is Kylania's daughter and uses her power with the force to exact revenge for her mother's travails. Thalira is the only non-Chiss D'Vraenex to date and she and Morella are married as they helped each other through the hell of the academy and realized they had feelings for each other.

When I add more later on, I'll deal with each new member individually.
The D'Vraenex legacy: Kylania-50 Chiss Sniper: Thelianna-50 Chiss Powertech: Morella-50 Chiss Sith Juggernaut: Thalira-30 Mirialan Sith Sorceress: Kaliara-20 Chiss Sith Assassin
Officer of Arch Presidium
Ebon Hawk

05.01.2012 , 11:15 AM | #48
My Legacy name. Heartnet, is the family name of my Sith Inquisitor main, and his cousin, one of my Sith warriors.

I created both of their fathers, another Warrior and another Inquisitor, to give them the proper links, and I'm waiting for more character slots, partly to add more members of the family, but also to bring back my Republic characters

My Bounty Hunter and Agent are part of the Legacy only by affiliation, as loyal servants to my Sith.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin