Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cover Issues - Post 1.2.2

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Miltonium
05.01.2012 , 09:23 AM | #1
I use crouch all the time, but apparently its also happening for Natural Cover too.

Sometimes you just don't go into cover... it seems to happen quite often in warzones, but i've also been able to recreate it in the fleet as well.

Anyone else noticing the same issue?

SlickHenry
05.01.2012 , 09:48 AM | #2
yeah having the same issue, the cover screen graphic appears but i still stand and cant use abitlities, only appears in wzs
also suddenly having a massive lag in pvp

Sifka
05.01.2012 , 10:09 AM | #3
I can confirm this.
It happens if you press cover/crouch while running forward.
However, if you stop before cover, the bug seems not to happen.

I also have a thing with my followthrough shot, sometimes it does not fire - have to test it more to maybe find out what causes that.
Yazra

Poe_
05.01.2012 , 11:04 AM | #4
Devs have acknowledged in game that they'll fix this, but no eta. Sigh.
"I'm drinkin' good Bourbon, screw the Force."
Bulleit (Commando)
Makers (Guard)
Pappy'vanwinkle (Gunslinger)

Miltonium
05.01.2012 , 12:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sifka View Post
I can confirm this.
It happens if you press cover/crouch while running forward.
However, if you stop before cover, the bug seems not to happen.
It also occurs even when standing still. Oddly the animation is alot slower too, but only sometimes, and its not universal.

Was in a flashpoint where sometimes i would go into cover nice and quick and proper, and other times i'd get the slow animation.

Oh well... i'll be in DF till it gets fixed.

tegororn
05.01.2012 , 12:17 PM | #6
I figured this right now. Never happened before. I think it started with today's patch.

I can't go into cover while moving. Cover screen comes up but im not in cover and i can't use the abilities.

This is so irritating and kinda game breakin.

Ticket submitted.

Hope it is fixed soon.

JovethGonzalez
05.01.2012 , 01:45 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks, thanks for reporting this. We've confirmed and added this to our list of Known Issues and we are now working on a fix for an upcoming patch. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

RogueStrife
05.01.2012 , 02:22 PM | #8
I respecced to saboteur for the meantime. I can't take in the fact that I was easily killed in PvP because my skills are not working.
He did not choose his face. It's his face that chose him.
-Satele Shan's comment on Darth Malgus' face.

Lithy
05.01.2012 , 03:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, thanks for reporting this. We've confirmed and added this to our list of Known Issues and we are now working on a fix for an upcoming patch. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Is there any chance at a hotfix tonight or tomorrow? This makes the GS/Sniper unplayable in PvP if your marksman...
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

MacrossMan
05.01.2012 , 03:45 PM | #10
PLEASE FIX ASAP!!! There is no way we can do HM Explosive Conflict or Lost Island tonight with this dumb feature. So much for raiding tonight. Thanks for this crap. For future reference, please check to see if basic mechanics are not messed up prior to a patch release.

Please and thank you.

-----------

I've noticed that after the patch update my smuggler can't proper go into cover (F Button) in the middle of sprinting or riding my vehicle. ***?

How does Bioware expect us to do HM Raids/FP's with this garbage.

Anyone else have this happen to them? I've already submitted a ticket to remove this crappy feature.

M