Military Members, fall in!

GreySix

If you're an enlisted member or officer in a military organization, in any nation, either active duty or reserve, this is your thread. Civilians and military wannabes need not apply.

Myself:

US Army Reserve: 1.5 years

US Coast Guard: 4 years

US Army: 17 years

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Active US Army 2008-Current

91C out of Fort Riley, KS I am in Route Clearance Company at the moment been with them my whole Army career with a deployment to Afghanistan under my belt.

Previously

US Navy 2001-2006

Got out as an HM3 and was stationed at Camp Hansen, Okinawa, Japan and Richards-Gebaur in Belton, Missouri.

Hey, you guys posting up your MOS and duty stations and ranks and what not.

Go Google "opsec" real quick and get yourselves right.

Lol where's the Opsec here? We're all Vets for the most part, and I see not a single bit of information that could be used against any of us by any "enemy"

Your concern is understandable, but posting MOS and duty station is still pretty vague. I'd be more concerned if we saw SNLs or unit identifications down to company-level being posted. Think most here know better though. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Really, did you pull the "Google Opsec" card on me over my MOS and duty station? Seriously?

*goarmy.com has a list of every single MOS with a description...so that is pretty much a moot point

*Because I put the post, that doesn't tell anyone anything, nor does the fact that I put that I am in a Route Clearance Company. The enemy already knows what Route Clearance is and what we do, it's not a secret, especially with things like Bomb Patrol on the television.

So yeah, if I were putting a timeline of my unit's deployment or that I was stationed at FOB Peanutbutterjellytime and the entire FOB had to go and wait in the center around a rose bed to hear a General speak or something, that would be an OPSEC violation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

31B 795th MP Battalion Ft. Lenardwood, MO

OIF Veteran so what?