Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proof that Tracer Missile and Heat Seekers are broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Proof that Tracer Missile and Heat Seekers are broken
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Phasewalker
05.01.2012 , 09:27 AM | #1
As of late I've been reading a lot of post on the forums on how the Devs. just wrecked Merc Bounty Hunters and to all those non believers out there its true. I ran some testing on the Arsenal spec'ed dps using the operation lvl testing dummy on the Imperial fleet here are the numbers as proof (Tracer Missile) tool tip indicates its dmg is between 1736-1872 kenetic damage i logged 16 normal hits non stack armor debuff average hit was 1346.062 then logged 17 stacked armor debuff " which is 20%" average hit normal hit 1410.705. As you can see the damage is way off by the way this is with High Velocity Cylinder on which grants a 35% armor penetration automatically which is not calculated in bonus dmg in any way in the tool tip, with it off the dmg is 1263.85 stacked armor debuf 1178.642 non stack. Extra numbers "crits" non stack high velocity on average crit 2341.5, stacked armor debuff 2468.176, high velocity off non stack crit 2046.125, stacked armor debuff 2203.181. From the numbers you can see the damage is way off and for people out there thinking well is a operation boss lvl dummy is still has alot of armor left, i get these say numbers on trash in operaions and flash points on strong elite and champion. I will say this the Armor debuff tracer missile applies does work. On too (Heat Seeker Missile) which is also bugged tool tip indicates 2126-2263 kinetic damage and is supposed to receive a 4% damage bonus for each stack of tracer missile which goes up too 5, so you should receive a 20% armor reduction and a 20% damage increase to Heat Seekers Damage. Get ready to be "surprised" fully stacked with high velocity cylinder on normal hits average 2145.25 laughable uh. non stacked high velocity on average hit 1645.166 just pathetic. Here are some crit numbers non stack high velocity on 3331.75, fully stacked high velocity on 4396.9........ extra numbers high velocity cylinder off with stacked bonus normal 1943.333, crit 3934. This is just sad its also worth noting that they secretly reduced our crit chance by chumping body guard talent from 6 to 3% crit chance that was in no patch note, reduced the area of effect for death from above and a couple of other small things. Pre 1.2 they nerfed tracer missile by 10% the official word from the devs was so it would encourage more unique ability rotations rather than just spamming tracer missile, and now with 1.2 it seem tracer missile has taken another hit whether it be intentional or not. In a 1.2 patch the devs said that they fixed heat seekers and Merc Bounty Hunters would only benefit from their stack and not others which prior that patch Heat seeker would average crit for me 9.5k crit (NO JOKE) in a raid. Well they broke it, as of right now Arsenal Bounty Hunters are the weakest dps and the only real reason to keep them in raid so the armor debuff they apply to help the raid.

P.S.
These number ive posted are based off fully raid buffed whch means each buff from the different classes no stim, as a extra note not trying to sound arrogant I have most of the end game armor and weapons (campaign and blackhole gear) which is best in slot with augments ill link a pic of my character sheet. And really if i've got the best gear a Merc can get and im still seeing numbers like these I can only imagine what other Mercs are posting.
On a final note it doesnt get any better in pvp im seeing reduced numbers in pvp with full battlemaster gear expertise at 1131 some one please explain that

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...050108565.jpg/

Macroecon
05.01.2012 , 11:55 AM | #2
We know it's broken. Everyone knows it's broken. The devs know it's broken. But it's not going to get fixed until after the devs figure out what skills they will nerf to keep Merc Arsenal dps in line with their targets.

Tyious
05.01.2012 , 12:16 PM | #3
Its not the point of nerfing, more like fixing it so it works as intended,
Major Tyious Combat Medic Trooper
NiM content healer
GSF Ace
http://www.redemption-swtor.com/
Playing Since Beta, Owner of Collector's Edition!

Instapeace
05.01.2012 , 12:47 PM | #4
I'm a full rakata arsenal merc and logged a Nightmare Karagga encounter using the moxparser prog. We brought in a sniper in mostly columi. Long story short I got out dps'd by 110,000..

Yazule
05.01.2012 , 12:50 PM | #5
I think trying to fix that gave me a debuff -10 willpower, - 10 aim, -20 cunning

it is like the plauge only on the boards, dont stand near me or i will give it to you.
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.

Jaxarale
05.01.2012 , 01:07 PM | #6
I tried to edit this to make it as readable as possible... please dont shoot the messenger!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of late I've been reading a lot of post on the forums on how the Devs have just wrecked Merc Bounty Hunters and to all those non believers out there its true. I ran some testing on the Arsenal spec'ed dps using the operation lvl testing dummy on the Imperial fleet and here are the numbers as proof:

(Tracer Missile) tool tip indicates its dmg is between 1736-1872 kenetic damage i logged 16 normal hits non stack armor debuff average hit was 1346.062.
I then logged 17 stacked armor debuff " which is 20%" average hit normal hit 1410.705.

As you can see the damage is way off... by the way this is with High Velocity Cylinder which grants a 35% armor penetration automatically, which is not calculated in bonus dmg in any way in the tool tip.
Now with it off the dmg is 1263.85 with TM stacked armor debuf. It was 1178.642 not stack TM armor debuff.

Extra numbers "crits" no TM stack high velocity on average crit 2341.5. The stacked armor debuff gave 2468.176, high velocity off non stack crit 2046.125, stacked armor debuff 2203.181.

From the numbers you can see the damage is way off and for people out there thinking well it is a operation boss lvl dummy is still has alot of armor left. I also get these same numbers on trash in operaions and flash points on strong elites and champions.
I will say this, the Armor debuff tracer missile applies does work.

Now on to Heat Seeker Missile, which is also bugged. The tool tip indicates 2126-2263 kinetic damage and is supposed to receive a 4% damage bonus for each stack of tracer missile which goes up to 5. We should receive a 20% armor reduction and a 20% damage increase to Heat Seekers Damage.

Get ready to be surprised... fully stacked with high velocity cylinder on normal hits average 2145.25! Laughable huh? The non stacked high velocity on average hit 1645.166 and that is just pathetic.
Here are some crit numbers non stack high velocity of 3331.75.
Fully stacked high velocity on 4396.9.
The extra numbers high velocity cylinder off with stacked bonus normal 1943.333, crit 3934.

This is just sad its also worth noting that they secretly reduced our crit chance by chumping body guard talent from 6 to 3% crit chance that was not in the patch notes!
They reduced the area of effect for death from above and a couple of other small things. (Including changing DFA from Elemental to Kinetic damage so armor now mitigates it)
Pre 1.2 they nerfed tracer missile by 10% the official word from the devs was so it would encourage more unique ability rotations rather than just spamming tracer missile. Now with 1.2 it seem tracer missile has taken another hit whether it be intentional or not.
In a 1.2 patch the devs said that they fixed heat seekers and Merc Bounty Hunters would only benefit from their stack and not others which prior that patch Heat seeker would average crit for me 9.5k crit (NO JOKE) in a raid.
Well it seems that they broke it, as of right now Arsenal Bounty Hunters are the weakest dps and the only real reason to keep them in raid so the armor debuff they apply to help the raid.

P.S.
These number ive posted are based from fully raid buffed but no stim.
I have mostly end game armor and weapons (campaign and blackhole gear) which is best in slot with augments. I can link a picture of my character sheet. And really if i've got the best gear a Merc can get and im still seeing numbers like these I can only imagine what other Mercs are posting.

One final note: it doesnt get any better in pvp im seeing reduced numbers in pvp with full battlemaster gear expertise at 1131 some one please explain that?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...050108565.jpg/

Noviru
05.01.2012 , 01:28 PM | #7
Hello everyone,

This is a heads up that we recently had to remove several posts from this thread. A reminder that regardless of the topic, it is part of our Rules of Conduct that:
  • Never insult another member of the community.
  • Respect other community members, whether you agree with them or not.
  • Make constructive, on-topic posts that add to the discussion.
Thank you for understanding.

Annikus
05.01.2012 , 01:30 PM | #8
They may or may never fix the prob...I'm running HM Denova without issue (albeit less damage) and still out gunning the gearred elitist marauder in my group...I'm not worried. Its not worth leaving a game I enjoy. I will find new pleasure in owning people on my operative!...watch yer backs...da Schoolbus gonna come for ya...

Gnanika
05.01.2012 , 02:03 PM | #9
I'm sure that that BioWare dude on the forums is absolutely 100% responsible for the ticket bug in game. In fact, I'm thinking the entirety of BioWare is actually just one person, and it's probably that guy, so let's totally lynch him.

They're obviously reading these forums. Considering that BW is in general one of the more receptive companies when it comes to what players ask for, I don't know why talking about things that are wrong in a semi-constructive manner seems to go out the window so fast.

Although the OP is nigh-unreadable, the point that Tracer Missile and Heatseeker Missile -- and whatever the Trooper equivalents are -- seem to have completely broken damage (even if it was just a brain fart on the tooltip) could certainly do with restatement. I don't feel THAT weak, though then again, I don't raid at the highest level eihter, so grain of salt and all that.

erei
05.01.2012 , 02:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gnanika View Post
They're obviously reading these forums. Considering that BW is in general one of the more receptive companies when it comes to what players ask for, I don't know why talking about things that are wrong in a semi-constructive manner seems to go out the window so fast.
They were. Now ? Not so sure.
People asked for a new ending for ME3->clarification instead, ending stay the same
People asked for more customization for end game gear in SWTOR-->you can add set bonus on orange gear, but only works on 1.2armor sets
People asked for a better animation for mortar volley (trooper)->they nerfed the range of mortar volley/death from above, and changed the animation.

If we ask for something, we have something close, or what we ask, including a nerf we didn't ask. In any case, it's not what we wanted.