Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

netskink
04.27.2012 , 08:59 AM | #211
What i don't understand is does the bonus only apply to the droid or does it stack? ie. if you have companion with +1 crif for foo and you get droid sensor +1 crit for foo. Does your crafting companion craft foo with +2 crit or do you have two companions with +1 foo crafting?

TheRealBowser
04.28.2012 , 03:07 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by netskink View Post
What i don't understand is does the bonus only apply to the droid or does it stack? ie. if you have companion with +1 crif for foo and you get droid sensor +1 crit for foo. Does your crafting companion craft foo with +2 crit or do you have two companions with +1 foo crafting?
Two companions with +2 crit. With mission and gathering skills, this helps a lot. With crafting skills, it really doesn't matter -- you only really need one character crafting.

Judeasx
04.29.2012 , 06:02 AM | #213
Wait, the bonuses don't apply to just the character that has them?

TheRealBowser
04.30.2012 , 05:05 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Judeasx View Post
Wait, the bonuses don't apply to just the character that has them?
No. They only apply to the character that has them.

For instance, having two characters with +2 crit underworld trading doesn't give you +4 crit underworld trading to all characters, but it does give you two characters with additional critical bonus on that trade skill, as opposed to just one (or none).

Judeasx
04.30.2012 , 09:35 AM | #215
That's what I thought. I think your answer to the above question confused me.

Balecrow
05.01.2012 , 06:15 AM | #216
Is it correct that companion affection increases the crit chance with +0 to +5% (presumeably +1% for every 2000 affection)? I saw a dev post on this but have been unable to find it again.

In that case I dont see how droid sensors are very useful for increasing your crit chance? Even with +5% crit, the droid isnt better than a maxed companion (and I personally maxed mine out pretty quickly by doing dailies). Or does the droid count as being at max affection for the purpose of crafting? I've found him to crit fairly often and he does seem to think I'm pretty awesome.
Btw, sensors require legacy 7 to use now - not 12.

Thank you for making and maintaining this guide, Bowser, I find myself revisiting it a lot.

EDIT: ok - so I realised you can gain affection with the droid now by giving it companion gifts. Both models really like technology and especially cultural artifacts.

parmie
05.01.2012 , 06:59 AM | #217
It's a really good guide, just think about editing some font colours, dark green on black is not ideal

TheRealBowser
05.01.2012 , 03:41 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Balecrow View Post
Is it correct that companion affection increases the crit chance with +0 to +5% (presumeably +1% for every 2000 affection)? I saw a dev post on this but have been unable to find it again.

In that case I dont see how droid sensors are very useful for increasing your crit chance? Even with +5% crit, the droid isnt better than a maxed companion (and I personally maxed mine out pretty quickly by doing dailies). Or does the droid count as being at max affection for the purpose of crafting? I've found him to crit fairly often and he does seem to think I'm pretty awesome.

Thank you for making and maintaining this guide, Bowser, I find myself revisiting it a lot.

EDIT: ok - so I realised you can gain affection with the droid now by giving it companion gifts. Both models really like technology and especially cultural artifacts.
I don't know for sure, but I am pretty sure that a zero affection companion can still crit... rarely.

Either way, you answered your own question, you can give gifts to your ship droid now. He loves cultural artifacts.

And, you're welcome of course!

Edit: I'll check and see about them changing the sensors. If it's true, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

TheRealBowser
05.03.2012 , 12:38 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Balecrow View Post
I have personally checked my astromech droid, and they still require 12 legacy to use. So, you are mistaken.

Kheldarr
05.07.2012 , 09:05 PM | #220
Awesomeness bump
...Lemme finish my reactor core and I'll talk to yo...(zzzz...)

Darth Vader still single... keeps looking for love in Alderaan places.