Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Raid-Wide Combat Logs, Ask Mr. Robot

Zoopercat
04.30.2012 , 02:18 PM | #21
Regarding MOX: We don't plan on building a live raid meter in the near future, perhaps further out. We're happy to integrate with any of the tools though

Mox made a fantastic parser and you should continue to use it. We look at it like this: MOX is like Recount in WoW (live-raid performance assessment), and we're like WoL (post-raid performance assessment / theorycrafting). There is a place for both. Unfortunately, any solution for SWTOR requires every raid member to participate. Mox requires everyone to download and set up the program, Ask Mr. Robot requires everyone to upload a log.

XORDYH - Funny you mention world bosses. I just finished confirming all world boss names (if we spell it wrong, it won't work, ha!). I believe we'll have an update later today with those bosses included

Regarding PVP... What is 'bolster' for? Is it unique to PVP? "Safe Immunity" won't work, since you get that every time you zone into an instance (PVP or PVE). I'll do a few PVP rounds today and see if I can isolate some of the events and put some logic around them. I think the harder part will be when to consider the warzone over. I also want to spend more time on this, because I feel like you'd want to see different stats on PVP reports... for example you care more about damage mitigation a lot, and threat doesn't matter at all.
ASK MR. ROBOT

xenofire
04.30.2012 , 04:03 PM | #22
Getting everyone to download a tool and synch to the raid is very easy, getting them all to upload nightly isn't.

Make a tool that's a one button press upload for raiders, and you'll be gold.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

XORDYH
04.30.2012 , 06:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
Regarding PVP... What is 'bolster' for? Is it unique to PVP? "Safe Immunity" won't work, since you get that every time you zone into an instance (PVP or PVE). I'll do a few PVP rounds today and see if I can isolate some of the events and put some logic around them. I think the harder part will be when to consider the warzone over. I also want to spend more time on this, because I feel like you'd want to see different stats on PVP reports... for example you care more about damage mitigation a lot, and threat doesn't matter at all.
Bolster information: http://taugrim.com/2011/12/27/unders...ster-mechanic/. To summarize, Bolster is a unique Warzone feature that equalizes everyone's base stats (in the levels 10-49 bracket) up to the equivalent of a level 49 character. Originally, all of the PvP (levels 10-50) were in a single bracket, but this has been broken into a levels 10-49 and a level 50 bracket since patch 1.1. The Bolster buff shouldn't do anything in the level 50 bracket, but it still appears in the combat logs for level 50 characters (from what I've seen).

One difficulty I can see in tracking individual Warzone games will be characters entering after a Warzone has started or leaving before one has ended. However, since there will be a "Safe Login" event for each zone-in, you could search for a "Safe Login" event with a matching "Bolster" or "Deserter Detection" event within a short time of each other and be fairly certain that that "Safe Login" was a character entering a Warzone. As far as determining when a character has left a Warzone, you could look for the next "Safe Login" event, which will always be the character zoning back to Fleet (or wherever they where when they entered the Warzone). It is never possible to zone directly from one Warzone to another, so a PvP log will always look like <Safe Login> (Warzone start) <bunch of fighting> (Warzone end) <Safe Login> (back to Fleet) <Safe Login> (Warzone start) <bunch of fighting> <Safe Login> (back to Fleet) etc.

Zoopercat
04.30.2012 , 07:35 PM | #24
XOR, nice link to taugrim, he's one of my favorite PVP sources

Hmmm, so the safe login doesn't have a zone attached, but you're not suggesting that it does. So let me rephrase and see if I understand: Your idea is to look for <safe login> <bolster> death, then rezone in would look like : <safe login><bolster> repeat. repeat, repeat... until we see <safe login> and no bolster. Is that correct?

Now it makes sense why you said there appears to be a bolster event in level 50 only warzones.
ASK MR. ROBOT

CrunkShizzle
04.30.2012 , 07:38 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
Getting everyone to download a tool and synch to the raid is very easy, getting them all to upload nightly isn't.

Make a tool that's a one button press upload for raiders, and you'll be gold.
i dont know,people cant seem to figure out that deleting there rakghoul samples would stop people getting the rakghoul plague

i think getting a bunch of people to learn how to type in a web adress and download something might be to challenging for the sw tor community

Zoopercat
04.30.2012 , 07:40 PM | #26
XOR - can you email me a few PVP logs so we can try taking a look? I'll do some PVP as well, but several cases will help us test out this theory. My email is feedback@askmrrobot.com.
ASK MR. ROBOT

XORDYH
04.30.2012 , 10:15 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
XOR, nice link to taugrim, he's one of my favorite PVP sources

Hmmm, so the safe login doesn't have a zone attached, but you're not suggesting that it does. So let me rephrase and see if I understand: Your idea is to look for <safe login> <bolster> death, then rezone in would look like : <safe login><bolster> repeat. repeat, repeat... until we see <safe login> and no bolster. Is that correct?

Now it makes sense why you said there appears to be a bolster event in level 50 only warzones.
Just to clarify, when you die in PvP, your resurrection doesn't count as a re-zone. So you could search for a <Safe Login> followed by a <Bolster> to find the start of a Warzone, and match the following <Safe Login> (which is actually the re-zone back to wherever you where before you entered the PvP Warzone) for the end of that Warzone. I don't have enough PvP logs yet to determine if this is 100% reliable, but I'm sure parsing enough logs will uncover a reliable pattern that you can unleash your regex tricks on.

It would be nice if Bioware would just attach a zone ID to each Safe Login event. Something like [Safe Login Alderaan Civil War Match #XXXX] would be really nice, because then we could merge logs based on different unique Warzone IDs with certainty.

Zoopercat
05.01.2012 , 11:44 AM | #28
I see, I'll check it out today. With the early maintenance last night, I wasn't able to get in some warzone time.
ASK MR. ROBOT

Caladax
05.02.2012 , 04:52 PM | #29
One issue I've been having is merging my log with my guildies'. They play pacific, and I play EST, and I enter EST as the site says to, but because my log goes past midnight, it seems to cause an error. I get a negative value for the duration (negative 21 hours or something), and I can't seem to merge with them (I've merged before, not sure why it wouldn't work the past two times).

Zoopercat
05.02.2012 , 05:17 PM | #30
Caladax, have you tried it as of today? We released an update last night that took care of that - it was a bug that snuck in for a couple of days You might have to delete your log and reupload it. Your guildies logs won't need to be updated, just your's.

Let me know if you still have trouble.
ASK MR. ROBOT