Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ashara - Forced Relationship?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Ashara - Forced Relationship?

Rayneia
04.30.2012 , 09:39 AM | #1
I have been building trust with my crew members and for some reason, it looks like my SI is now forced into some romance with Ashara even though that was never my intent. How can I fix this?
Jen'jidai, Jung Ma server
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
Matthias Seranus - Sith Assassin
Matthias' Wiki

bright_ephemera
04.30.2012 , 10:00 AM | #2
Never touch [Flirt] under any circumstance. She may come on to you to begin with; never, ever, ever respond with [Flirt]. The BioWare trend is to throw romance at you like a runaway train; you have to take the effort to dodge. If you never give her an opening, she will eventually give up.

I'm not 100% sure it's possible to deactivate a romance once it has started. People have tried with Corso and Quinn and they just wouldn't stop their progression. Your best chance is to brush off any attempts Ashara makes from the start.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Rayneia
04.30.2012 , 10:02 AM | #3
Hmm.... Thanks for the info. To bad we can't just remove a crew member.
Matthias' Wiki

Goggymonstah
04.30.2012 , 12:38 PM | #4
I wish we could alter the species and form of our crew members, entirely. Sure, revert them to their original forms for story content, but when they're passive on the ship, or just mindless pets assisting with combat, then who cares!

Before you ask, yes, I am a xenophobe!
THE IMPERIAL INQUISITION

An Imperial Heavy RP/Social Guild(The Progenitor)
More Information

DeutschGamer
04.30.2012 , 12:43 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Goggymonstah View Post
I wish we could alter the species and form of our crew members, entirely. Sure, revert them to their original forms for story content, but when they're passive on the ship, or just mindless pets assisting with combat, then who cares!

Before you ask, yes, I am a xenophobe!
Then you shouldn't play Star Wars.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

Ranadiel_Marius
04.30.2012 , 04:03 PM | #6
I find it interesting that you have apparently been "forced" into a relationship with Ashara as I recall a discussion in a thread a while back about how you only have one opportunity to trigger her romance plot and if you didn't take the single flirt option you get in her....third(?) companion covnersation, it was impossible to ever start the romance.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Rayneia
04.30.2012 , 07:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
I find it interesting that you have apparently been "forced" into a relationship with Ashara as I recall a discussion in a thread a while back about how you only have one opportunity to trigger her romance plot and if you didn't take the single flirt option you get in her....third(?) companion covnersation, it was impossible to ever start the romance.
Well, considering you can "flirt" with just about everyone prior, I didn't think it would amount to anything. Sucks to be me...
Matthias' Wiki

Celacia
04.30.2012 , 07:57 PM | #8
Eh. At least she will like the companion gifts you give her. *muttermutter*joyless harpy*muttermutter*

bright_ephemera
05.01.2012 , 03:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayneia View Post
Well, considering you can "flirt" with just about everyone prior, I didn't think it would amount to anything. Sucks to be me...
Ha! Ha ha! You would think so. But if you [Flirted] post-recruitment she'll be yammering about romance for the rest of her life. There's a suggestion thread up to let us, you know, stop 'em from doing that: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=440165
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Jrea
03.25.2013 , 09:19 PM | #10
I flirted once and have been trying break up with her the last 6 conversations. Finished all the conversations now shes sending me love gifts?
According to her we are in love and have a plan to bring peace to the galaxy?

It actually kind of like a real life crazy "girlfriend".

Just remember, there are plenty of npc's out there for romance. Just don't flirt with any crew member you don't have to want to marry.