Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arsenal talent Barrage doesn't work

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Arsenal talent Barrage doesn't work
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

witchdoctaah
04.29.2012 , 07:55 PM | #21
Guess its time to unsub.

Just finished my GW2 beta weekend...that was good stuff!

acnoj
04.29.2012 , 08:43 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhapsodies View Post
At the very least the cool down proc is working even if the +25% is not, meaning that [at least the way I'm looking at it] you're still capable of pulling down more damage if you have it enabled.
That's true, I didn't really intent to make a blanket statement that the talent didn't do anything (although in retrospect that's what I did), just draw attention to the bug so as to get it fixed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Axien View Post
A few interesting things I noted:
- Barrage often ends in the middle of unload.
I noticed this too in last nights raid. On the target dummy the Barrage buff dropped off the moment I hit Unload, but in the raid it dropped off half way through.

Thanks everyone who's added their tests and kept this thread bumped, hopefully Bioware reads and acts upon it.
A.K.A Freehugs (mmo-mechanics forums), Aid (Dalbora server)
Drawn and Dangerous, a D&D webcomic

Arthug
04.29.2012 , 09:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhapsodies View Post
I was looking at specifically "Damage Dealt Broken Down by Action" under "Damage Dealt", which seperates the amount of damage into abilities. The average DPS of your Unload ability is higher on Fight 1 then it is in Fight 3. Unless I'm still being confused because I'm much more of a "Is it dead yet?" player then breaking down in to specific numbers.

At the very least the cool down proc is working even if the +25% is not, meaning that [at least the way I'm looking at it] you're still capable of pulling down more damage if you have it enabled.
DPS per ability is affected by the length of the test and how often I cast unload. Since in the 3rd fight i had to wait at times for Barrage to fall off (hence the rapid shots you see so i don't drop out of combat and the boss dummy drops stacks) I had to cast unload less often in the timing of the test.

If my crit on both was exactly the same it would be easier to see based on AVG dmg Done per ability. since that is not the case you just have to look at min/max numbers and the log to see what the avg hits look like vs each fight.
..:: Infernal Empire ::..
A Community for Adult Gamers
Website | Thread | About | How to Join?
Est. 2004

Reno_Tarshil
04.29.2012 , 11:49 PM | #24
Funny, My Barrage isnt vanishing during unload only after its done casting or the mob dies..

acnoj
04.30.2012 , 12:31 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Funny, My Barrage isnt vanishing during unload only after its done casting or the mob dies..
Are you getting the damage bonus?
A.K.A Freehugs (mmo-mechanics forums), Aid (Dalbora server)
Drawn and Dangerous, a D&D webcomic

Twickers
04.30.2012 , 12:39 AM | #26
....Probably a good thing I'm leveling a sniper....

This make's me extremely sad, cuz I love my BH

Cegenaus
04.30.2012 , 01:53 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by witchdoctaah View Post
Guess its time to unsub.

i agree. i forgot about tor all weekend and it made me realize how much i hate this game lol

on topic, ill have to test this out myself when i get on tomorrow
Cegenaus/Xyrin/Ixor/Domz
Merc/Sorc/Mara/Jugg

Vortex Reborn/Das Ubel- Terentatek

rotatorkuf
04.30.2012 , 06:41 AM | #28
nm

5char

djlowballer
04.30.2012 , 08:32 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by witchdoctaah View Post
Guess its time to unsub.

Oh yeah it was excellent but TOR is still fun. I will play alts until retail and if things aren't better I will revisit my subscription to TOR.
The Swiftsure
Relu Kintunisi Mercenary
Gre'letha Kintunisi Guardian

APeckenpaugh
04.30.2012 , 08:45 AM | #30 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey guys, I'm not seeing this internally, but after looking at the script, I did notice that the Barrage buff is removed prematurely when you are NOT dual wielding.

In other words, as long as you're dual wielding, Barrage is working as intended. If you are only wielding a single blaster, it does appear that Barrage ends prematurely. So keep both blasters handy for maximum effectiveness!

Just in case you're single-wielding though, we've fixed this bug for a future patch. Thanks for reports.
Austin Peckenpaugh
Class Designer