Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Colicoid Wargames 3 man group

CAMELOTCRUSADE
04.24.2012 , 10:55 AM | #1
I've seen posts online suggesting you can do this flashpoint with 3 players but no confirmed strategies or advice. Has anbody pulled this off? How'd you do it?

One tip I did glean that may be necessary - On the turrets, shoot behind you. Since shooting something results in aggro, it takes a much longer time for the bugs to close so you have more time to kill them.

Any tips are appreciated.

Freeborne
04.24.2012 , 11:35 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CAMELOTCRUSADE View Post
I've seen posts online suggesting you can do this flashpoint with 3 players but no confirmed strategies or advice. Has anbody pulled this off? How'd you do it?

One tip I did glean that may be necessary - On the turrets, shoot behind you. Since shooting something results in aggro, it takes a much longer time for the bugs to close so you have more time to kill them.

Any tips are appreciated.
In the 2nd area you'd have to get pretty creative with Jedi leaps, rescues, and exiting the instance to complete the puzzles, I think.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

CAMELOTCRUSADE
04.24.2012 , 11:45 AM | #3
Hmm. Maybe we can Jedi leap through screened areas to those mobs that periodically spawn... I haven't run it in a while so I'm not sure.

We'd likely have a scoundrel, vanguard, and sentinel in the group.

CAMELOTCRUSADE
04.30.2012 , 07:54 AM | #4
Update - ran it successfully last night with three people and a healing companion. We were a 42 vanguard, 41 scoundrel and a 41 sentinel in mostly blue gear. You need someone who can leap to a mob in order to three man this.

The hardest fight by far was the first round of turrets - definitely shoot behind you and have the best-geared healing companion you have out and ready. Arrange yourselves in a triangle and have one person shoot the arc between the two opposite people and the others shoot to the right and left of the single person, respectively. Do the same thing for the second round; for some reason, we found this one to be much easier. Maybe it was having the experience of the first round under our belts, not sure.

The forcefield puzzle was not bad, but you need to have someone who can leap to a mob. At one point (you'll know when) the leaper has to access a mob and a computer behind a sealed wall. He can summon his healing companion to help him live. Once he wins he can open up the wall and let someone access the computer that opens all the gates. This is how you get through both phases of the puzzle area.

After the turrets and puzzle it's a more straightforward instance and the rest of it wasn't any trouble (just remember to keep moving when the annihilator droid drops his flame fields, he only does it for 10 secs at a time).