Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Evil is Too Evil? (May Contain Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How Evil is Too Evil? (May Contain Spoilers)

Arravan
04.28.2012 , 03:16 AM | #11
My Sith everyone who opposes her. Wounded soldiers, defenseless natives, the antidote for the illness afflicting a tribe who has been a thorn at her side; she has chosen to go dark side on all of them.

She does not, however, betray those who has been usefull/will be usefull/has been a help to her and/or the empire. Doctor who created a anti-toxic waste serum for her; she let him defect to the Republic. Member of a dying order sworn to protect a planet form giant ants; talked down powerful sith lord who wanted to kill her for knowing too much. Captured Republic troops and rebels; let them live so their commander will confess about being part of an illegal, Senate sanctioned attack.

Also, knowledge. It's so hard to get good info now-a-days. It would be such a waste to destroy knowledge especially if it could be used against your enemies. So yeah, light side for knowledge.

StormNaara
04.28.2012 , 04:33 PM | #12
There's no "too evil" threshold for me. Every time I spare someone's life is because he/she looks cute or I personally feel some weird attraction to.

Khalhazar
04.28.2012 , 04:49 PM | #13
I can't manage to break the guy's toys. I just think, "This poor guy..."

It reminded me of a photo book on realdoll romance (not sex, romance) that we studied for photography class. It was incredibly poignant. Someone wants love so badly they are capable of imbuing a lifeless object with all these complicated feelings. It's sad, but also has a certain beauty. The human (or twi'lek, or rattataki! etc.) condition!

undeadsithdread
04.28.2012 , 04:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
When you start pitting your pets against each other and torture prisoners with this, you are officially too evil and need to be put down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piyaz-J2L6A
Sith assassin Forever!

Mutive
04.30.2012 , 05:05 AM | #15
I personally found a lot of the SW quests to be too evil. I played a DS SW, but honestly...most of her actions are so puppy kicking that the story lacks any emotional resonance for me because no one in their right mind is like, "Yes, leaving you alive would be very helpful to my plans, but I like killing so much that I'm going to take you out anyway."

I'm honestly preferring agent, trooper, and smuggler for that reason. Most of the darkside (and lightside) options make sense. Like, typically the darkside option is more revenge focused. But some of the time, I'd argue that it's the "right" option (i.e. kill this person to prevent bigger problems in the future) or at least a more convenient option. So at least there's some rationale for either choice.