Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Queue times for phone support???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Queue times for phone support???

Persason
12.17.2011 , 10:22 AM | #1
How long queue times are there for phone support? I have been waiting for 1 hour and 30 minutes on the phone now, is it normal?

Warbreaker
12.17.2011 , 10:26 AM | #2
I had to wait 2 hours before I got someone that could help me, so yes, for now, it's sadly probably normal.
9/29/11 -- Betagate.
Never forget.

DaSpinx
12.17.2011 , 10:31 AM | #3
Yeah, i was in the Q for about 2.5h...from a mobile :\

Chabonkoo
12.17.2011 , 10:33 AM | #4
I can't even get into a hold queue. All agents are busy, and it hangs up on me.
Pre-Ordered July 21st. Woot Sauce.
Squadron 367

Persason
12.17.2011 , 10:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Warbreaker View Post
I had to wait 2 hours before I got someone that could help me, so yes, for now, it's sadly probably normal.
Okay thanks Well im on 1hour and 40 minutes so I am getting near 2 hours. Still wow that sucks....

Persason
12.17.2011 , 10:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Chabonkoo View Post
I can't even get into a hold queue. All agents are busy, and it hangs up on me.
Just try again and again. Thats what I did and came through. Try every like say 5 min.

fireravenv
12.17.2011 , 11:12 AM | #7
Last night I was on for three hours before I had to hang up. Today two hours with still no answer. I don't mind waiting with the phone on speaker while I do other things.

nakoda
12.17.2011 , 11:19 AM | #8
ya, the call centre only has so many actual people in it. If an average service call takes, say, 15 minutes, multiplied by about, say, two hundred THOUSAND calls, ...thats (just for hypothetical math) fifty thousand hours worth of phone calling to have to sort through in a day. since the day only has 24 hours, then that means one rep would take 2084 days of non stop phone talking to help everyone.

Now, you could take the inverse and supposition that it would then take about 2084 reps 24 hours to service all of those calls, but it doesn't actually work like that.

No call lasts only 15 minutes. No rep can just flip call to call without filing their own report, and speaking to their own colleagues to share information.

In reality, a team of about a hundred reps is likely working on SWTOR call centre, plus managers and CRMs (neither of whom field calls directly). These guys have to speak with the devs about the tech issues they support: did the solution work, was the customer fixed? if yes, cool, next call, if not ...

file reports, find out what happened, communicate to the tech team what went wrong, try to help find out why, etc etc.

This process takes time. I bet that those hundred reps take between fifty and a hundred calls per day, each (on an efficient day),l maybe more, but the point is that you must be patient. The lines will be busy.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello of EA
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.
An Article About F2P

SoftballDad
12.17.2011 , 11:25 AM | #9
With all the bugs they have and the multi-hour queues on top of phone lines that you can't even get into a queue for (if you are lucky a two hour wait) this game will fail if they don't act quickly. Heck just wait til the headstart ends and we get the real crowds. Epic Fail!