Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior lightsaber grip

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior lightsaber grip

Surinen
12.16.2011 , 07:00 PM | #1
I have one fast question: does Jedi Knight hold his lightsaber in different manner than Sith Warrior - because I observed that Jedi tends to wield it 2h like samurai and Sith Warrior has his sword hand a little bit away from body. m I delusional or it is this way ?

Noth
12.16.2011 , 10:48 PM | #2
That is the way it is. Jedi knight has a more elagant smooth style while the Sith Warrior has a very direct and brutal style.
╼S T D╾
◈Get Infected◈
Sith Empire│PVP│PST
STD Guild HQRecruitment ThreadGuild Site

SuperomegaOP
12.16.2011 , 11:55 PM | #3
animation wise:

jedi guardians tend to hold their lightsabers similar to your avatar... firm and strong 2h style with slight but smooth 1hand animations

sith juggernauts vary from 1h to 2h... they use 1h to hold their LS and some normal swings while using 2h for larger attacks... they are all over the place and they look like they are trying to hit a homerun but they look good doing it

xellfish
12.17.2011 , 11:17 AM | #4
They also use it in a very different way. The Jedi uses light and rather frisky moves, while the SW uses heavy and rather plain moves. Especially love the Jedi's Master Strike, where he turns around and impales the enemy with a backwards strike, like in the Jedi Temple trailer. Sith Warrior doesn't do that.