Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

AU, NZ, HK, Singapore or another appropriate Asia Pacific country

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
AU, NZ, HK, Singapore or another appropriate Asia Pacific country

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bucke_Thead
04.29.2012 , 07:23 AM | #1
The title was taken from this post by Stephen Reid.

Could you please let us know what OTHER Asia Pacific countries are considered appropriate?

I live in South Korea. CS have told me that I can't transfer. Nobody has told me which countries are able to transfer. Sure, they repeat "Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore" in all of the copy/paste responses, but Stephen Reid clearly implies that other countries can also be included.

What additional countries are included? Why not South Korea?

PS. Sorry for the multiple threads I've created about this. And the multiple tickets. But nobody has actually given me an answer beyond "Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore" and it's pretty frustrating.

Beesodd
04.29.2012 , 07:32 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Bucke_Thead,

Unfortunately, we do not handle individual account issues on the forum, so I will not be able to confirm either way whether you will get the transfer.

However, I can tell you that your most recent ticket has, in fact, been escalated to a team for investigation. Again, I can't comment on the outcome, but your ticket is not being ignored.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Bucke_Thead
04.29.2012 , 07:37 AM | #3
Thanks for looking into it for me, and I look forward to a response that isn't the same as the past 2 I had (both telling me that only AU, NZ, HK and Singapore would qualify), but that isn't what I asked about here.

I'd like to have somebody, somewhere, clarify for me and others like me, exactly which countries will be considered "appropriate Asia Pacific countries."

Is there a list you can post? Right now, it feels as if I'm banging my head against a wall just trying to get information that should available. It would surely make everybody's lives a little easier.

Beesodd
04.29.2012 , 07:55 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again.

Unfortunately, I don't have a specific list of countries for you, as apart from the previously listed countries, these issues are being dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

I'm sorry that I don't have more specific information for you.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

redskies
05.24.2012 , 09:46 AM | #5
I also live in South Korea.

Instead of requesting the server transfer (regardless of qualification), I ended up playing on both U.S. west coast server and asia-pacific (a.k.a. Australia/NZ) server.
I think it was after 1.2 patch and I've been hit with 300+ms lag in asia-pacific server and I was about to give up playing SWTOR.
Two main problems I'm facing;

1. Due to time difference, I'd be lucky to see over 10 people playing in West Coast server unless I stay up real late or real early. Basically I'm paying a monthly fee just to play exclusive role playing game.

2. Playing in Asia-Pacific server is also a drag since my lag is always over 280ms and continues to spike up to 800ms constantly. I gave up PVP since it's meaningless to play with that kind of lag... and lately playing heroics / fp are getting hard since constant lagging.

I really hope I can take the advantage of the upcoming server transfer on patch 1.3.

Other solution I'd love to see is have another Asia-Pacific server that is not based on Sydney... or fix this server rerouting to North America and then Australia issue for other Asia country players (Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, etc.) .

Don't Bioware and EA know approx. 7 million WOW players are from Asia?
Please don't ignore us if SWTOR really wants to expand.