Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Females never given flirt options?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Females never given flirt options?

Ellyria
04.26.2012 , 06:39 AM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by Celacia View Post
I was also sad that for the Imperial ladies there was no chance to flirt with Darbin Sull. I mean, he is late to your first meeting because he was with a woman. He should at least flirt with you.
Yeah, what was up with that? It's implied the guy sleeps around a little too much, but the most physical contact you can get is to give him a punch to the jaw. What gives?

On the Republic side, after you rescue Cole Cantarus, you are given one option to flirt with him, he gets all flustered, and then it's never brought up again! No more flirting options, no follow up at all. And you even see him again later on Ilum! That guy could have totally liberated my Corellia... or invaded... you know what I'm saying? *nudge nudge*

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because then you'll accuse the Devs of making the women look like ho bags.

Go out for drinks: Classy!

Go to his place for sex: Hoe!

When did having sex with a lot of people make you some sort of person with little virtue? Stupid society.
If I turn my little bunch of pixels into a ho, I have nobody to blame but myself. It's not like I *have* to choose that option, amirite?
The Ebon Hawk ~ The Highwind Legacy The Shadowlands ~ The Highwind Legacy
Irritated Statement: Master, if you insist on echoing everything I say, this already tedious conversation is in danger of becoming even longer.

grandmthethird
04.26.2012 , 01:43 PM | #392
not sure about the trooper, but i wonder if the jedi don't get flirts because they are jedi. my female smuggler never stops flirting, again maybe thats because a smuggler gets by with charm.

*edit* my smuggler has had flirt options with the first contact i got in coruscant, and alderaan, i'm only level 32 so there could be more to come. that is about as many as my male sith warrior had to this point. and i don't remember my male bounty hunter having any.
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

DarthPookie
04.26.2012 , 01:56 PM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by ellyria View Post
if i turn my little bunch of pixels into a ho, i have nobody to blame but myself. :d it's not like i *have* to choose that option, amirite?
Exactly.

eartharioch
04.27.2012 , 07:09 PM | #394
And from left field...what if BW calculates a "flirtable" variable, and the dialog only offers FLIRT for certain values....like most guys only flirting with girls with average "flirt" scores (too low and the guy isn't interested, too high the guy doesn't want to get shot down).? And I'm not just talking about base looks, I'm talking factoring in things like clothes -- Full Leia Slave Girl or other "sexy" sets might intimidate "average" guys. And current companion choice, appearance, and likely romance status could be a factor.

And then I look up quests on Torhead and see option::male, option::female determining dialog choices.

Well, it was a good dream while it lasted.

[btw, yes I write male flirt with girl, but I thought it read better than flirter/flirtee]
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

Darth_Moonshadow
04.27.2012 , 10:23 PM | #395
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellyria View Post
If I turn my little bunch of pixels into a ho, I have nobody to blame but myself. It's not like I *have* to choose that option, amirite?
Well you see, that's what we in the rational world call reasonable logical action.

That has no place on game forums. You are required to be complete basket cases over things like that. Remember the SGRA debacle? People could choose not to be involved in that, but that is a reasonable logical action. Instead, people flew off the rails and stated that simply seeing the option made them gay.

So if you see the option for your female character to have relations, you must immediately log out the game, come to the forums, and accuse the developers that they think that all women are prostitutes and your character is nothing but a two bit ho bag, even though you did not actually engage in the act.

Because that's how the internet works.

THE MORE YOU KNOW!
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

DarthPookie
04.28.2012 , 01:59 PM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Well you see, that's what we in the rational world call reasonable logical action.

That has no place on game forums. You are required to be complete basket cases over things like that. Remember the SGRA debacle? People could choose not to be involved in that, but that is a reasonable logical action. Instead, people flew off the rails and stated that simply seeing the option made them gay.

So if you see the option for your female character to have relations, you must immediately log out the game, come to the forums, and accuse the developers that they think that all women are prostitutes and your character is nothing but a two bit ho bag, even though you did not actually engage in the act.

Because that's how the internet works.

THE MORE YOU KNOW!
Have you considered running for office? I'd totally vote for you.

Darth_Moonshadow
04.28.2012 , 11:23 PM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPookie View Post
Have you considered running for office? I'd totally vote for you.
Tried running for Emperor of the Empire, but I found out that campaigning for that position does not involve sleeping with his wife. Several times. In public places. Or posting pics on Sithbook.

Anyway, that's how I got exiled to Dagobah for six years!
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

MMornard
04.28.2012 , 11:26 PM | #398
Quote: Originally Posted by MGriffith View Post
But ... nuns with guns!
I would totally buy a game called "Nuns with Guns!"

Just sayin'.

DemonMoMana
02.05.2014 , 05:29 PM | #399
My lvl 24 Female sith warrior has had less action than my Jedi consular. And Sith don't have ruies against it, like the Jedi do. My Jedi consular had a fling before she ever found her Lt. Irresso. My female sith warrior has Quinn as member of her crew but trying to flirt with him is a slow an painful process. Having someone to flirt with and maybe make him jealous would at least liven things up. My female sith inquisitor at least got to flirt with a few people before getting really involved with her pirate. I have noticed it most with the Female melee class. My Jedi Knight was never offered any other flirt options other than Doc and this sith Warrior so far none other then her attempts on Quinn which he sidesteps and dodges like she is a fate worse than death. This is a bit annoying be damned if i am gonna order him to flirt with my char. It starts to feel like a boss pushing herself onto an employee (sexual harassment-- kinda thing ) I really dont wanna go there.

bright_ephemera
02.05.2014 , 05:39 PM | #400
Quote: Originally Posted by DemonMoMana View Post
My lvl 24 Female sith warrior has had less action than my Jedi consular. And Sith don't have ruies against it, like the Jedi do. My Jedi consular had a fling before she ever found her Lt. Irresso. My female sith warrior has Quinn as member of her crew but trying to flirt with him is a slow an painful process. Having someone to flirt with and maybe make him jealous would at least liven things up. My female sith inquisitor at least got to flirt with a few people before getting really involved with her pirate. I have noticed it most with the Female melee class. My Jedi Knight was never offered any other flirt options other than Doc and this sith Warrior so far none other then her attempts on Quinn which he sidesteps and dodges like she is a fate worse than death. This is a bit annoying be damned if i am gonna order him to flirt with my char. It starts to feel like a boss pushing herself onto an employee (sexual harassment-- kinda thing ) I really dont wanna go there.
I agree, the female Sith Warrior is miserably starved for sex. You'd think FimmRess on Alderaan or Lord Draahg when you meet him or, well, somebody, but no.

For what it's worth, a) Quinn does a brilliant job of pretending not to care when you get your one chance to hit on somebody else in front of him; he gives zero affection loss and everything, and b) you don't have to coerce Quinn. He'll come around in time.

It just leaves the lady Sith Warrior as more of a space nun than the Consular for Acts 1-2.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.