Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boring Questing

Lardofdeath
04.26.2012 , 06:37 PM | #1
This game has screwed over Jedi Vigilance Knights when it comes to questing. I am so tired of being forced to use Doc. I want to use my other companions, but if i do, then i can't kill all the Elites i have to face while questing. Its horrible. I am completely bored with the game right now because this really isn't an RPG. i don't get to choose my role, i have to be a tank, and have to have a healer.

Charell
04.26.2012 , 06:38 PM | #2
thats why you spec yourself on the skill tree! I'm a dos guardian and use t7 most of the time!
Jedi Covenent: The Sohn Legacy
Charell SW, Dareo BH , Elleona SI Raliceh JC, Ellensohn RT, Le'pold SM
The Fatman: Coolestjediever JK Ebon Hawk: IA

Thebazilly
04.26.2012 , 07:54 PM | #3
I'm a Vigilance Guardian and I use Kira all the time without any problems.

KorinHyvek
04.26.2012 , 08:24 PM | #4
Healing companions are a lot less needy in regards to gear. Get a DPS or tank companion in some good gear, and their performance sky rockets. Now that Jaesa has a bunch of tionese junk from all my excess commendations, I can tear through most encounters faster than I could with Quinn, and I still stay at high health as a tank. When I was leveling, though, my DPS companions were a lot less effective because they were in green gear when the NEEDED blue or better gear.

Also, I think this is probably a question better suited for the Jedi Knight forums, since it's more concerned with mechanics than fluff.

Uathach
04.28.2012 , 01:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KorinHyvek View Post
Healing companions are a lot less needy in regards to gear. Get a DPS or tank companion in some good gear, and their performance sky rockets.
Absolutely. What you generally get out of any companion is what you're willing to invest in them. I now point and laugh at the Shadow guides which claim Nadia is useless for any of the Shadow skill branches, because I got her in some decent armour and proceeded to tear through Elites in no time so long as I kept aggro off her. Tharan's healing is nice enough, but it would take me forever to get through some mobs/enemies. That's to say nothing of a few times where he just couldn't keep up with the damage or stay out of AoE range. (With Tharan, AoEs were the bane of my existence) By contrast, a decently-armoured Nadia can take a decent amount of abuse long enough to drop a mob or Elite.

I imagine Guardian tanks work the same way? YMMV of course, but I've found melee DPS works better for me personally as long as said melee DPS has good gear.