Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Huge economy exploit surfaces] - what will be BIOWARE's next move?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Huge economy exploit surfaces] - what will be BIOWARE's next move?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xanikk
04.27.2012 , 04:13 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by lokivoid View Post
L2play
Seriously? You necroed this thread just to say "L2P"?

Read the dates before you post in a thread.

VeggieWokker
04.28.2012 , 08:06 AM | #392
Since I didn't hear about this exploit until it was fixed, it's not really my problem, but I would still like to express my opinion.

Bioware punishes paying customers (remember when that word used to mean something) because they abused something that was in the game? They didn't alter game data or otherwise hack the game? But they still get "banished" for a week?

How about testing your product more thoroughly BW? How about just taking back the credits people earned through the bug (or even all the credits if you can't differentiate)?

If I ever get banished for using anything YOU put in the game, be ready to have one less customer.
Hydian Way - Orona Legacy
I preordered the CE:
I Support SGRA In the Old Republic

illgot
04.28.2012 , 08:12 AM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by VeggieWokker View Post
Since I didn't hear about this exploit until it was fixed, it's not really my problem, but I would still like to express my opinion.

Bioware punishes paying customers (remember when that word used to mean something) because they abused something that was in the game? They didn't alter game data or otherwise hack the game? But they still get "banished" for a week?

How about testing your product more thoroughly BW? How about just taking back the credits people earned through the bug (or even all the credits if you can't differentiate)?

If I ever get banished for using anything YOU put in the game, be ready to have one less customer.
Turbine used to have that philosophy. It did not work out well for them in Asheron's Call.

dprijadi
04.28.2012 , 08:20 AM | #394
anyone can tell me what is the exploit that was plugged in latest patch?

the only thing i notice is that my lv 15 sith inquisitor cybertech is critting a lot, chem val is making 2 items (crits) a lot.

is this normal? i dont want to exploit it and now im stopping my cybertech for time being

Roccobb
04.28.2012 , 08:24 AM | #395
Quote: Originally Posted by dprijadi View Post
anyone can tell me what is the exploit that was plugged in latest patch?

the only thing i notice is that my lv 15 sith inquisitor cybertech is critting a lot, chem val is making 2 items (crits) a lot.

is this normal? i dont want to exploit it and now im stopping my cybertech for time being
LOL, no, that was not the exploit. You can search for the answer on the internet, but we can't post anything on here. You are ok doing your crafting
When you say learn 2 play, how about you help me out? Post a video of your seer, in recruit gear, doing awesomeness healing in a pug wz. Help me learn. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=418896

WookieIsshe
04.28.2012 , 08:34 AM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by EngineerDavid View Post
I agree, this is illegal and should be punished...

I also don't understand the fun in this... You just get millions of credits, what's it all worth then... The fun in this game is about becoming stronger every day, by playing it consistently, and if you want to buy something, you got to earn the credits first!!!

Sadly, another problem for Bioware, there hands are already full (or should be full) with the lag problems... By the time they have solved that, the money is probably gone or untraceable...
What lag problems? you need to check your internet connection as that is probably the likely culprit. As far as the exploit they already posted that they have banned hundreds of accounts for using this exploit.

WookieIsshe
04.28.2012 , 08:35 AM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by VeggieWokker View Post

No matter how much testing you do on software bugs always do surface.. It says right in the TOS that you will not exploit a bug you find but will instead report it. By your logic you advocate cheating.

Arzhanin
04.28.2012 , 08:47 AM | #398
Hey folks,

As this thread refers to a patch that is 3 months old, and we've had more recent updates since then, we'll be closing this thread at this time.

That being said, as far as economic exploits are concerned, for more recent thoughts about this, we've made this post regarding exploits:

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We're always watching for any potential economic exploits and correct them as a very high priority, and we absolutely do investigate and take action against anyone we've found that takes advantage of exploits like this. We actively monitor the game and have data that assists us in finding people who abuse game systems. Rest assured that players who have been found abusing any exploit will have appropriate actions taken against their accounts.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your understanding.