Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

Kabaal
04.28.2012 , 03:15 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Yes. Absolutely. Once you pass the 3 hour queue to log in, right?
This game has never had 3 hour queues, even during head start i never had to wait more than 10-15mins to get on and the servers were being slammed. Better that than standing around having no warzones pop until late at night like it is for me now. I'd have thought that my statement about hanging back to see which servers populate would have made it clear my choice would be measured.

JeramieCrowe
04.28.2012 , 03:16 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
This game has never had 3 hour queues, even during head start i never had to wait more than 10-15mins to get on and the servers were being slammed. Better that than standing around having no warzones pop until late at night like it is for me now.
Lucky you. I had 3 hours on Ebon Hawk at launch, and recently, just last week in fact, I saw almost that on Fatman. Nice going to extremes in your post, though. You don't need a Fatman pop to get into WZs.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Kabaal
04.28.2012 , 03:18 AM | #153
Well, good for you. I'll decide when the time comes and it certainly won't be to another light or medium pop server just to have the same thing happen as on my current one.

JeramieCrowe
04.28.2012 , 03:19 AM | #154
Well, good for you. I'll decide when the time comes and it certainly won't be to another light or medium pop server just to have the same thing happen as on my current one.
Yeah because current, and what's going to be happening is exactly the same scenario...

It's amazing how people can totally disregard past success with the same situation as this. This is nothing new, people. It really isn't, hehhehe
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

recsa
04.28.2012 , 03:21 AM | #155
I remember all the threads last week of people begging others to stop rolling on Fatman. I also remember seeing quite the queue on that server for several days.

You really wanna repeat that?
As i said on my original post, they can take a snapshot of lvl 50 accounts on each server and allow to transfer to a high pop server only if at ... lets say ... yesterday, they already had a lvl 50 toon on that server.

This way, server population is not affected at all, but people that have invested lots of time is rewarded as it should be.
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

Kabaal
04.28.2012 , 03:23 AM | #156
Yeah because current, and what's going to be happening is exactly the same scenario...

It's amazing how people can totally disregard past success with the same situation as this. This is nothing new, people. It really isn't, hehhehe
I still don't get your point, do you have one? What part of me waiting once the transfers come into play to see which servers end up with heavy population before making my choice has anything to do with other games past successes or failures? Or is it just a case of being contrary for the sake of it?

JeramieCrowe
04.28.2012 , 03:33 AM | #157
I still don't get your point, do you have one? What part of me waiting once the transfers come into play to see which servers end up with heavy population before making my choice has anything to do with other games past successes or failures? Or is it just a case of being contrary for the sake of it?
As long as you're waiting to see which has a heavy population and then DON'T choose that one, you're being wise. Because the proof is in the pudding. History has shown that those that did that in the past had lovely queues. While those that chose the medium pops never had a problem in PvP queues or LFG queues.

JeramieCrowe
04.28.2012 , 03:35 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by recsa View Post
As i said on my original post, they can take a snapshot of lvl 50 accounts on each server and allow to transfer to a high pop server only if at ... lets say ... yesterday, they already had a lvl 50 toon on that server.

This way, server population is not affected at all, but people that have invested lots of time is rewarded as it should be.
I gotcha. You already have a character on the destination server with character slots available, so adding another character to one of those slots will not affect the population. Yeah, okay. I bet a manual transfer is in store for the few that applies to. For free, of course.

recsa
04.28.2012 , 03:54 AM | #159
I gotcha. You already have a character on the destination server with character slots available, so adding another character to one of those slots will not affect the population. Yeah, okay. I bet a manual transfer is in store for the few that applies to. For free, of course.
Thats not what they have said, and thats the reason for my upset, they first makes me play a dead server because their tiny shards at launch (i did read devs asking people to spread on light servers at alaunch and did it), now they want me to pay extra money in order to finally play as i should have been able from day 1.

THATS AN OUTRAGE.
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

KEKHAN
04.28.2012 , 04:02 AM | #160
I've got 50's on 2 dead servers, I rolled on Fatman last night as a BH and OMG it's like a totally different game. there were 90 freaking people on the starter planet! 90 People! I've never seen that many people on Fleet in my other servers.

There were people running around everywhere, the chat box was full of chatter, I actually did both Heroics with a quick LFG....

My only issue now is I would rather be a S.I or a S.W but since I have both already and have done the content twice basically I just cant stomache doing it all again.