Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse Engineering Black-Hole Bracers/Belt

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse Engineering Black-Hole Bracers/Belt

Kunvie
04.27.2012 , 01:42 PM | #1
I was wondering if it is possible to reverse engineer black-hole belt or bracers so that I can craft the same item but with an augmented slot (if I crit). I already know that it is possible with campaign belt and bracers.

Heriana
04.27.2012 , 04:07 PM | #2
No, it is not possible to reverse engineer black-hole belt or bracers.

dragonfor
04.27.2012 , 04:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Heriana View Post
The more that I read about the changes for crafters, as well as what they can and can't do now, the more I think Bioware needs to fire some people.

Kunvie
04.27.2012 , 04:33 PM | #4
Thanks for the response. I think I might just go biochem and get augmented black-hole implants. Synthweaving has no advantage since there is nothing exclusive to synthweavers unless you raid enough to have surplus campaign gear...yeah right lol (20% chance).

Cichard
04.27.2012 , 04:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Heriana View Post
THIS IS TOTALY WRONG. YES you can RE black hole belt and bracers and learn the pattern. YEs you can RE any Black hole item or Campaign ITEM and learn the pattern. Not even that THEY ARE BOE! so you can sell them to others!
Quote:
The order in which you will gain entry into EGA is dependent on how early you burned your Pre-Order Code. The earlier you burned your Pre-Order Code, the earlier you will be granted entry into EGA.

Zoopercat
04.27.2012 , 06:21 PM | #6
Do you have a screenshot to prove that the belt/bracer can be RE'd to learn a pattern? Just a screenshot of the tooltip would be enough.

I'm one of the people behind Ask Mr. Robot, and this has been on our 'suspicious' list for a while. We've seen people say they can be crafted, but we still have yet to see proof of that (which is why they aren't in our database). But, if it can be done, and we see a screenshot, Mr. Robot will add them in lickety split!

Side note, as far as we know, the Black hole ear / implants are the only BH gear that can be RE'd for a pattern. Whereas all of the campaign gear can be RE'd to learn a pattern.
ASK MR. ROBOT

Ludah
04.27.2012 , 06:28 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cichard View Post
THIS IS TOTALY WRONG. YES you can RE black hole belt and bracers and learn the pattern. YEs you can RE any Black hole item or Campaign ITEM and learn the pattern. Not even that THEY ARE BOE! so you can sell them to others!
Do you have anything to back that up? Because a dev post specifically said that Campaign items CAN be RE'd to learn schematics whereas Black Hole items can NOT. We do know that Black Hole implants and earpieces CAN be RE'd to learn schematics though.
Luder
<Archetype>
Warriors of the Shadow

Seront
04.27.2012 , 10:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludah View Post
Do you have anything to back that up? Because a dev post specifically said that Campaign items CAN be RE'd to learn schematics whereas Black Hole items can NOT. We do know that Black Hole implants and earpieces CAN be RE'd to learn schematics though.
Actually, that's not what they said. They said only Campaign gear could be reverse engineered for orange shells (i.e., moddable items). I would assume, that since black hole implants and earpieces can be reverse engineered, that the belt and bracers can too (but not any moddable slot). I believe Black Hole (61) armorings, mods, and enhancements can be REd as well. For Campaign gear, only the mods and enhancements can.