Females never given flirt options?

PhoenixDream

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, if BW had an idea not to make females look bad with too many flirting options - how about make all those hundreds men we meet to flirt with females instead? With an option to turn them down and put on their place? If we we are talking about real world would not it be the way?

A gorgeous woman comes to some military outpost where they have not seen a woman in months and yet no one even look at her. Or in huge metropolis with a very low moral everyone behaves like they came straight from a monastery. It's simply not natural.

I don't even know if we should call it sexism - writers made everything possible to make women fell like men here. No sexual hurrasment at all, if you want to flirt - you have to act like a bully man (looks sooo unnatural on most of the companions), etc. The only thing they forgot is the equal amount of of this aggressive flirting options. I am sure it's coming.

Edited by Mirandel

My female Sith pureblood Warrior has flirted many times.

How?? I can count the femWarrior [Flirt] targets I can remember on one hand: Quinn, Pierce, Nar Shaddaa bonus series guy, bashful supply officer on Hoth. And I love running through [Flirt] dialogue, so I don't think I skipped past/overlooked very much. Where was the option for Draahg? Or for Fimm-Ress, that fine Sith guard on Alderaan? Or for any of the other dozens of men my Warrior dealt with daily?

Odd - I'm playing a female Smuggler and not counting companions my lvl 19 character's had a chance to flirt with three NPCs so far. Maybe it's a class thing?

smuggler is by far the most flirty why i really enjoyed there story

Yes, us ladies need more flirt options! Unless you're playing Smuggler or Agent, there's a severe lack of [Flirt]s for us! Heck, I don't even need a whole hand to count the number of flirts my Consular got: one, the guy at the Coruscant spaceport who tells you to go meet with the Senator.

Not only that, but guys seem to get more one night stands than us. They flirt a little bit and get some space nookie, we flirt and get "let's have drinks later" (Jonas Balkar for Troopers) or" let's talk about it later" (Chance for Agents) or "next time I see you"/"I wish it could work out between us" (Phi-Ton, Sanju Pyne, and Aristocra Saganu for Agents) and then you never see them again. *SAD.FACE.*

Not only that, but guys seem to get more one night stands than us. They flirt a little bit and get some space nookie, we flirt and get "let's have drinks later" (Jonas Balkar for Troopers) or" let's talk about it later" (Chance for Agents) or "next time I see you"/"I wish it could work out between us" (Phi-Ton, Sanju Pyne, and Aristocra Saganu for Agents) and then you never see them again. *SAD.FACE.*

There definitely should have been more lovin' for the lady agents. My agent is very into using all of her skills to accomplish her goals. I was sad at the lack of it.

I was also sad that for the Imperial ladies there was no chance to flirt with Darbin Sull. I mean, he is late to your first meeting because he was with a woman. He should at least flirt with you.

Edited by Celacia

Yes, us ladies need more flirt options! Unless you're playing Smuggler or Agent, there's a severe lack of [Flirt]s for us! Heck, I don't even need a whole hand to count the number of flirts my Consular got: one, the guy at the Coruscant spaceport who tells you to go meet with the Senator.

Because then you'll accuse the Devs of making the women look like ho bags.

Go out for drinks: Classy!

Go to his place for sex: Hoe!

When did having sex with a lot of people make you some sort of person with little virtue? Stupid society.

I've had implied sex with two women already and I'm only level 30. One of them even gave me 150 dark side points for doing it. Not sure why...

Give the ladies their romance!

Lol, I remember how Aric Jorgan would react negatively everytime my Vanguard would choose the flirt option. I have yet to play a female character though. For some reason, I'm just one of those guys who feel weird playing a character of the opposite sex.

But if they really don't have any flirt options, BW should add some more.

Lol, I remember how Aric Jorgan would react negatively everytime my Vanguard would choose the flirt option. I have yet to play a female character though. For some reason, I'm just one of those guys who feel weird playing a character of the opposite sex.

Wait...

"I flirted with Aric Jorgan, but I never played a female character..."

Someone found a cheat code for SGR's! :o

Wait...

"I flirted with Aric Jorgan, but I never played a female character..."

Someone found a cheat code for SGR's! :o

What I MEANT was that when I flirted with a female character, Aric would respond negatively.

What I MEANT was that when I flirted with a female character, Aric would respond negatively.

Truth. My male Trooper has lost more rep with Aric by flirting with passersby than my femWarrior and femInquisitor combined lost with their active romances Quinn and Andronikos. I think the man just hates happiness. It was a funny dynamic.

I was also sad that for the Imperial ladies there was no chance to flirt with Darbin Sull. I mean, he is late to your first meeting because he was with a woman. He should at least flirt with you.

Yeah, what was up with that? It's implied the guy sleeps around a little too much, but the most physical contact you can get is to give him a punch to the jaw. What gives?

On the Republic side, after you rescue Cole Cantarus, you are given one option to flirt with him, he gets all flustered, and then it's never brought up again! No more flirting options, no follow up at all. And you even see him again later on Ilum! That guy could have totally liberated my Corellia... or invaded... you know what I'm saying? *nudge nudge*

Because then you'll accuse the Devs of making the women look like ho bags.

Go out for drinks: Classy!

Go to his place for sex: Hoe!

When did having sex with a lot of people make you some sort of person with little virtue? Stupid society.

If I turn my little bunch of pixels into a ho, I have nobody to blame but myself. :D It's not like I *have* to choose that option, amirite? ;)

Edited by Ellyria

not sure about the trooper, but i wonder if the jedi don't get flirts because they are jedi. my female smuggler never stops flirting, again maybe thats because a smuggler gets by with charm.

*edit* my smuggler has had flirt options with the first contact i got in coruscant, and alderaan, i'm only level 32 so there could be more to come. that is about as many as my male sith warrior had to this point. and i don't remember my male bounty hunter having any.

Edited by grandmthethird

And from left field...what if BW calculates a "flirtable" variable, and the dialog only offers FLIRT for certain values....like most guys only flirting with girls with average "flirt" scores (too low and the guy isn't interested, too high the guy doesn't want to get shot down).? And I'm not just talking about base looks, I'm talking factoring in things like clothes -- Full Leia Slave Girl or other "sexy" sets might intimidate "average" guys. And current companion choice, appearance, and likely romance status could be a factor.

And then I look up quests on Torhead and see option::male, option::female determining dialog choices.

Well, it was a good dream while it lasted.

[btw, yes I write male flirt with girl, but I thought it read better than flirter/flirtee]

If I turn my little bunch of pixels into a ho, I have nobody to blame but myself. :D It's not like I *have* to choose that option, amirite? ;)

Well you see, that's what we in the rational world call reasonable logical action.

That has no place on game forums. You are required to be complete basket cases over things like that. Remember the SGRA debacle? People could choose not to be involved in that, but that is a reasonable logical action. Instead, people flew off the rails and stated that simply seeing the option made them gay.

So if you see the option for your female character to have relations, you must immediately log out the game, come to the forums, and accuse the developers that they think that all women are prostitutes and your character is nothing but a two bit ho bag, even though you did not actually engage in the act.

Because that's how the internet works.

THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

Well you see, that's what we in the rational world call reasonable logical action.

That has no place on game forums. You are required to be complete basket cases over things like that. Remember the SGRA debacle? People could choose not to be involved in that, but that is a reasonable logical action. Instead, people flew off the rails and stated that simply seeing the option made them gay.

So if you see the option for your female character to have relations, you must immediately log out the game, come to the forums, and accuse the developers that they think that all women are prostitutes and your character is nothing but a two bit ho bag, even though you did not actually engage in the act.

Because that's how the internet works.

THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Have you considered running for office? I'd totally vote for you. ;)

Have you considered running for office? I'd totally vote for you. ;)

Tried running for Emperor of the Empire, but I found out that campaigning for that position does not involve sleeping with his wife. Several times. In public places. Or posting pics on Sithbook.

Anyway, that's how I got exiled to Dagobah for six years!

• 1 year later...
My lvl 24 Female sith warrior has had less action than my Jedi consular. And Sith don't have ruies against it, like the Jedi do. My Jedi consular had a fling before she ever found her Lt. Irresso. My female sith warrior has Quinn as member of her crew but trying to flirt with him is a slow an painful process. Having someone to flirt with and maybe make him jealous would at least liven things up. My female sith inquisitor at least got to flirt with a few people before getting really involved with her pirate. I have noticed it most with the Female melee class. My Jedi Knight was never offered any other flirt options other than Doc and this sith Warrior so far none other then her attempts on Quinn which he sidesteps and dodges like she is a fate worse than death. This is a bit annoying be damned if i am gonna order him to flirt with my char. It starts to feel like a boss pushing herself onto an employee (sexual harassment-- kinda thing ) I really dont wanna go there.

My lvl 24 Female sith warrior has had less action than my Jedi consular. And Sith don't have ruies against it, like the Jedi do. My Jedi consular had a fling before she ever found her Lt. Irresso. My female sith warrior has Quinn as member of her crew but trying to flirt with him is a slow an painful process. Having someone to flirt with and maybe make him jealous would at least liven things up. My female sith inquisitor at least got to flirt with a few people before getting really involved with her pirate. I have noticed it most with the Female melee class. My Jedi Knight was never offered any other flirt options other than Doc and this sith Warrior so far none other then her attempts on Quinn which he sidesteps and dodges like she is a fate worse than death. This is a bit annoying be damned if i am gonna order him to flirt with my char. It starts to feel like a boss pushing herself onto an employee (sexual harassment-- kinda thing ) I really dont wanna go there.

I agree, the female Sith Warrior is miserably starved for sex. You'd think FimmRess on Alderaan or Lord Draahg when you meet him or, well, somebody, but no.

For what it's worth, a) Quinn does a brilliant job of pretending not to care when you get your one chance to hit on somebody else in front of him; he gives zero affection loss and everything, and b) you don't have to coerce Quinn. He'll come around in time.

It just leaves the lady Sith Warrior as more of a space nun than the Consular for Acts 1-2.