Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does deleting the file DiskCacheArena fix the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Why does deleting the file DiskCacheArena fix the game?

Metalmac
04.27.2012 , 01:15 AM | #1
Go to:
C:Program files (x86)>Electronic Arts>BioWare>Star Wars>The Old Republic>swtor
then delete DiskCacheArena

For some reason when I do this before I boot up SWTOR it no longer crashes to the desktop.

A full re install of Windows 7 and SWTOR did not fix the crash to Desktop but deleting this file before running the game does.

Maybe Bio Ware should you know act like they know what the hell they are doing and check this out?

kingcain
04.27.2012 , 01:20 AM | #2
I did that too and it works, but I am still afraid of running 3 graphic cards and enabling SLI, I wish this game should be PC friendly whether if its high-end computer or low-end computers.

Metalmac
04.27.2012 , 07:26 PM | #3
First thing I notice when you do this is my hard drive no longer sound like a thrashing fish in a tin bucket.

That file is being accessed all the time and it seems the bigger it gets the worse the computer runs.

Like I said is Bio Ware even looking into this?

Tulmara
04.27.2012 , 08:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
Go to:
C:Program files (x86)>Electronic Arts>BioWare>Star Wars>The Old Republic>swtor
then delete DiskCacheArena

For some reason when I do this before I boot up SWTOR it no longer crashes to the desktop.

A full re install of Windows 7 and SWTOR did not fix the crash to Desktop but deleting this file before running the game does.

Maybe Bio Ware should you know act like they know what the hell they are doing and check this out?
This didn't work for me, played for 3 hours straight last night after installing the patch before my first crash to desktop came up. Decided to try this out and crashed to desktop again within 5 minutes.