APAC character transfer - now complete

StephenReid

Hey everyone, I'm pleased to announce that the manual APAC character transfer process is now complete. Many, many thousands of eligible characters were transferred, allowing many more players in the Asia-Pacific region access to servers with lower latency. To all of you with transferred characters, we hope you enjoy your new 'home'.

This marks the end of our first stage of character transfers. Now our focus turns to a more robust, automated and larger scale character transfer service, which is currently in active development within the studio. More details were given in an answer in today's Community Q&A, but I'll quote Dallas Dickinson here:

"We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we'll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice."

A few final notes on the APAC transfers:

Renaming issues? Please contact Customer Service

We know as part of the character transfer process if you had placeholder characters, it could be tricky to rename them. We're working to improve that for the future, but for now if you need to rename a transferred character you can contact Customer Service and ask for their assistance. Please bear in mind they're dealing with a number of requests right now, but will get to your request as soon as possible.

Live in the Asia Pacific region but didn't get transferred?

We appreciate that some players didn't get a chance to take part in the Asia-Pacific transfer process. While in the future all players will be able to take advantage of our character transfer system, for now, Customer Service is able to help with select transfers for those who would benefit from the lower latency gained from playing on an Asia Pacific server.

There are specific requirements that must be met for these requests, as follows:

• The country of residence on your account must be listed as Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore or another appropriate Asia Pacific country. You must also reside in that country.

• You must have already redeemed your product code for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

• You must have an active account, by setting up a recurring subscription or applying a Game Time Code.

• Only level 10 or above characters are eligible for transfer.

• Characters created after February 28th on an EU or US server are not eligible for transfer.

Getting characters transferred via Customer Service is a manual process with checks included. Please do not expect a transfer to complete quickly. However, if you are qualified, Customer Service will be happy to help you.

That for the confirmation. Unfortunately my character has not been transferred, so I guess the process is not fully complete yet!

I've raised a ticket with the help centre to resolve. Previous tickets where you confirmed that I would be transferred are:

EDIT: I pretty much got an immediate response from customer service after raising my ticket. However, 12 hours later they're telling my character with 30 days /played, created on the first day the servers went live....was created on 1st March and is not eligible....Bioware, I'm trying REALLY HARD not to get frustrated...throw me a bone here, this is a rookie mistake.

Edited by Wolvan

There are specific requirements that must be met for these requests, as follows:

• The country of residence on your account must be listed as Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore or another appropriate Asia Pacific country. You must also reside in that country.

• You must have already redeemed your product code for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

• You must have an active account, by setting up a recurring subscription or applying a Game Time Code.

• Only level 10 or above characters are eligible for transfer.

• Characters created after February 28th on an EU or US server are not eligible for transfer.

Getting characters transferred via Customer Service is a manual process with checks included. Please do not expect a transfer to complete quickly. However, if you are qualified, Customer Service will be happy to help you.

yay i met all those conditions, i also applied to have 3 toons transferred only 1 got done.

as for Customer Service will be happy to help you

i didn't realize swtor had customer support. i mean they ignore web forms, emails, in game tickets the only thing ive got left to do is call them.

coincidentally if i reverse charge the customer support line from Australia do ya think they will accept the call.

im not a happy person atm, logging on to an empty guild since all my friends got transferred.

Live in the Asia Pacific region but didn't get transferred?• The country of residence on your account must be listed as Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore or another appropriate Asia Pacific country. You must also reside in that country.

Does this include Korea?

Is Korea in Asia may sound like a dumb question, but so far it hasn't been included by Bioware. As a result, my once thriving server is dead. Last night, at prime time, 13 people on fleet. That's down from ten times that during the plague.

Anyway... I'm hoping it's included, as I'm not waiting until Summer. I don't really care about latency at this point... I just want to rejoin my guild.

EDIT: I guess not

Dear [bucke_Thead],

I am Protocol Droid U3-F8, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about your Asia Pacific Region server transfer request.

Please be aware that in order to be eligible for the Asia Pacific Region server transfer, there are a number of requirements which need to be met by 5.01pm EDT (7.01pm NZT, 2.01pm HKT, 2.01pm SGT) on February 28th 2012. These requirements are as follows:

• The country of residence on your account was listed as Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong or Singapore

• You had already redeemed your product code for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

• You had an active account on that date by setting up a recurring subscription or applying a Game Time Code.

• Only level 10 or above characters created before the February 28th deadline are eligible for transfer.

• Characters created after the February 28th deadline on an EU or US server are not eligible for transfer.

For more useful information related to the Asia Pacific Region transfer offer, please visit our dedicated FAQ section at:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5093

We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter and to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further issues or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid U3-F8 (aka Sandra)

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

Edited by Bucke_Thead
Additional information

I too am in the same boat as the poster above. My low level characters were transferred, but my level 50 was not.... I put an in game ticket in a couple of days ago, when the others had been transferred, and after reading this thread I have also used the customer service link in the transfers section.

Still no fix, or contact about it though.

Edit: As I typed this I was emailed a response saying they are looking into it.

Edited by Kabnine

Going into my 4th day now with no word on the transfer of my character that did not get transferred with the other 7. Have seen many people in the last 2 days posting in these threads with similar problems and having a reply within a couple of hours...even better actually having their wayward character transferred.

Guess it's going to happen...."soon™"

Edited by DarthBrundleFLY

I currently have a ticket open (5122276), its about one of my toons not being transferred even though he was flagged for it. So far I have been told that my character was created on the 29th and cant be moved. This doesn't make any sense at all besides it being a error on their end.

I too am waiting for my character to be transferred. I was told a week ago that my character qualified for a transfer and that it was going to be done, however, I haven't heard anything from Customer Service since. I understand that they are busy and they also asked me to be patient, but it's hard when all your friends have transferred and you're left stranded on a server with high latency and no-one to enjoy the game with. Being a founding and loyal member of the Old Republic, you would think that your issue would be addressed with a little haste. I sincerely hope that this is resolved soon as I love the game!

This is an outrage!!!

I successfully submitted my transfer request form, Without issue, Within the deadline, For 5 eligible characters, To go from Lord Praven (US) and Namadii Corridor (US) to Dalborra (AUS).

All went without a hitch or an issue. My subscription was and still is active, My account was created in early December, And I live in Australia.

I meet ALL the requirements, And yet, NONE of my characters were transferred...Zero...Nadda...Nix.

Not only that, But I have not received ANY emails with regard to the success or failure of the transfers...Its as if they didnt even bother!!!

EDIT: Sent an email to support@swtor.comTicket# is 5152972

Whats the go here?!? Do I have to pursue this matter further?

Edited by FearTheReapr

put in a ticket about a week ago(5036316‏) and getting a reply saying that my toons are eligible for transfer. But none of them have been transferred yet, hope this gets resolved soon! When i log onto my server here in Australia there is like 3 people on the fleet lol

Also in the same boat. Ticket #5147880 refers.

Observed the ticket to briefly be locked, given the usual generic reply, and that was about that. What a complete farce. Bioware, and EA are never getting another cent out of me. This is total horse-****.

What the hell hapened to my transfer, was only requesting 1 character to be transferred and submitted a form well within the timeframe (on the 19th I believe). I also posted in your thread Stephen when you requested us to post servers and characters if the form initially did not show them. Yet here I am with my character still stuck on The Swiftsure.

I submitted a ticket regarding this 2 days ago when I received my Legacy Tauntaun which told me that your system had ****ed up. Have not heard anything regarding this, didn't even get an automated confirmation of my ticket so can't quote a ticket number.

Think you really have a LOT of work ahead of you if you can't even get your support forms working as intended, guess I'll just have to keep sending through multiple requests until somebody at your end decides they can be bothered to take any notice.

BTW, YES, my details ALL meet the criteria for transfer, obviously the form did not work as well as you make out as I see there are others in exactly the same situation.

UPDATE: Submitted another ticket regarding this and received a response within the hour stating that transfer of my character has now been done, thank you BW, you have restored some of my faith in you. May everyone else who has had issues with the transfers receive the same speedy resolution.

Edited by Dalek
Update

I am just going to take a moment to vent my frustration.

After my character failing to be transferred I logged a ticket when this thread was created by Stephen. 12 hours later I get a response saying that my character was created on 1st March and is ineligible.

That is completely and utterly wrong. The character in question was created on the first day the servers opened and has over 30 days /played. I suspect they looked up the first character on my account with that name and saw an alt.

I am trying so hard Bioware to be patient, but these rookie mistakes and general run around are causing me to blow my top. I am the guild leader of a guild whose members are on another server now, and I'm stuck by myself without a guild to lead!

Forget it anyway, latency is terrible in Japan. Would be surprised if it was much better in Korea.

I went from 180ms to the US servers to ~ 300ms "Oceanic/Asian" servers. :/

I can live with increased latency. I can't live with a server with 8 people on fleet during my prime-time, no ops, and no warzones. Right now, it feels like my MMO turned into a single player game. Except it's a single player game with the same missions repeated forever (I hate dailies).

I'd start a new alt, but the 28th February cut-off makes that kinda pointless, and I'm not starting over on a new server and losing all my legacy. So... I wait.

You can do a few things to improve your latency, btw. I found that switching off error correction in my router helped a LOT. From Korea it was 450-600 for Oceanic servers, but I got it under 300 with that little trick :)

Well after not hearing anything for days I woke up this morning and it had been done. Thanks BW.

It will be resolved for everyone, just as they have done with everything else in the game.

For Pete's sakes people, this is a pretty massive undertaking so early in a game, and they are doing it. I'm going to bet that every one of the vitriol filled post on this thread have had their issues resolved, or are in process. Honestly. sometimes its like reading excerpts from playschool around here.

Edited by Blackardin