Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A – April 27th 2012 Blog Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A – April 27th 2012 Blog Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ekaikaforge
04.27.2012 , 04:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Yasu View Post
So wait, if I want to transfer from a dead server to another dead server I can do it for free, but if I want to transfer to a server where there are people playing I have to pay?.
Did we read the same blog? I saw nothing that suggested this. Do you assume they will not guide the process to ensure fuller servers?

The hysterical rhetoric on these forums is out of control.

Yakito
04.27.2012 , 04:04 PM | #12
Another Q&A full of "yes, we have it planned" instead of any info about the mechanics of the game.
Thank you very much for picking the most useless questions to answer. The lack of any tangible information is your specialty.
"Soon" "we have it planned" "next patch"
This is getting boring.

Voren_Kurn
04.27.2012 , 04:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Community QA
Lovarboy: Will we get dual spec with Game Update 1.3?

Daniel: Unfortunately, no. Game Update 1.3 is being kept a bit leaner to get the Group Finder and the next stage of Legacy in the game as fast as possible. After that we’ll be returning to some bigger updates and we’re hoping dual spec makes it for the next one.
Sooo the listing of "Field Respec" in the Legacy menu (under the "Coming in 1.3 section" )is something other than duel spec? Or should that legacy page be titled something else bioware?
<RELIC>
(Prophecy of the Five)
Republic US East PVE/PVP Guild
Official Guild Site

Lord_Karsk
04.27.2012 , 04:13 PM | #14
Just wish they would remove the bonuses on all the end game gear so players could actually have freedom in using what ever gear they want and not be gimped for raiding.

Bozse
04.27.2012 , 04:16 PM | #15
Quote:
First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice.
You have created this mess and now we're supposed to hang around until early summer where you choose where we go or we have to pay to get to a server we choose to re-roll on in the meantime, I'm sorry but not going to happen, without the ability to consolidate my characters and legacies for free I don't see me being patient and understanding any more.

Edit: Not to mention that we pay a subscription for this game, in essence paying for the development of the transfer feature so why on earth should we be charged for using it.

JovethGonzalez
04.27.2012 , 04:16 PM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Voren_Kurn View Post
Sooo the listing of "Field Respec" in the Legacy menu (under the "Coming in 1.3 section" )is something other than duel spec? Or should that legacy page be titled something else bioware?
Field Respec is not the same as dual spec.

Allyhoo
04.27.2012 , 04:19 PM | #17
This Q&A was a big improvement over the last few weeks (especially the new info on character transfers). Keep up the Q&As moving in this direction BW...I love it when I feel I actually learn something from the Q&A.

Inspecter
04.27.2012 , 04:20 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

I hope by early summer you mean May as if it ends up being into June and July i'll likely be gone. Playing on very quiet servers is just not fun for anyone, i have plenty of single player games for that.

May is spring. Summer doesn't even *start* til nearly the end of June.

Ancen
04.27.2012 , 04:23 PM | #19
I liked the Q&A, I'm glad to be getting some tangible information regarding what's coming. When might we see some further info in regards to open-world PVP/RVR plans? Also, will we be seeing a new warzone in 1.3, or 1.4 perhaps?

Rekkx
04.27.2012 , 04:24 PM | #20
TL;DR = Soon™

Again, *sigh*
Quote: Originally Posted by Badgerpanic
Now, take a deep breath, remember that this isn't real life, and CALM. DOWN.