Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I am angry about the economic exploit.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I am angry about the economic exploit.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Krakov's Avatar


Krakov
04.27.2012 , 09:02 AM | #101
You exploit a hack in your favorite MMO, then you get caught and banned. Once you get banned, you end up in a bar, where you meet Charlie Sheen, who invites you to his house to play Platoon...Don't play Platoon with Charlie Sheen...LOL
SWTOR is Kotor 3 on a much larger scale. So once you accept that fact, your over-all game experience will improve greatly...

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
04.27.2012 , 09:05 AM | #102 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
We're always watching for any potential economic exploits and correct them as a very high priority, and we absolutely do investigate and take action against anyone we've found that takes advantage of exploits like this. We actively monitor the game and have data that assists us in finding people who abuse game systems. Rest assured that players who have been found abusing any exploit will have appropriate actions taken against their accounts.

Sammm's Avatar


Sammm
04.27.2012 , 09:07 AM | #103
Don't worry they're banned or will be. I guess they didn't read the ToS or didn't care about it.

BuckShotSchell's Avatar


BuckShotSchell
04.27.2012 , 09:10 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacalShen View Post
Are you saying, "When **** rolls downhill, it spreads thin, so you shouldn't care when you get hit by the ****?" I'm just checking. I'm not sure I've ever heard the, "Well, it's not THAT bad that you unfairly compensate for/suffer because of X people who are committing Y crime-that-isn't-drug-use," argument before.
That is one of.the funniest and best analogies i have heard in a long time.......LOL
"In the force we trust. All others must pay cash!"
Cpt. BuckshotSchell, 'Lv 50 Slinger, Bucaneer, Lady's Man.
"To serve the light, sometimes we must walk in the dark"
Haruhi, Dark Sentinel, Knight of Dubrillion

Niddles's Avatar


Niddles
04.27.2012 , 09:14 AM | #105
I hope kryator updates us on his guildmate, because clearly the devs aren't going to tell us specifics (which I'm not sure I agree with...name and shame the exploiters). If in a few days the guildmate still isn't dealt with, that shows me that it isn't being dealt with in general and I'll have lost a lot of faith in this game.

FalcoLombardi's Avatar


FalcoLombardi
04.27.2012 , 09:19 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by FaceShindu View Post
I never see how reporting someone will benefit you. Play your own game, if people want to use exploits then thats their business. Same with RL. If someones murdered someone then yea, they are a danger to the public and id probably snitch. But other than that its their business unless it directly effects me.
If they ruin the economy like that in game, it affects you if you're trying to sell something or buy somehting. Also in real life you should be a man and stand up when you see something wrong.

It's like the fight on the bus that was on the news yesterday, guy accidently steps on someone's foot, he gets knocked out of the bus, his head hits the curb, no one gets up to help him or anything, and because someone over reacted because his foot accidently got stepped on (which doesn't hurt for more than 1 second), he's in the hospital and in critical condition.

Maybe not the best comparison but I hope it got my point across
......|||
======= God Bless
......|||
......|||

BuckShotSchell's Avatar


BuckShotSchell
04.27.2012 , 09:22 AM | #107
I hope we get the details as well. Name them and shame them, then bring the bann hammer down! However we have to remember there are a lot more players the 'devs. If a person is inclined to cheat they figure it out and share it faster than the devs can catch it. It is like law enforcement the devs are slways going to be playing catch up.

It seems to me that they caught this one pretty quick and fixed ot though. Jist that the community in general expects things to be fixed as soon as we see it which is generally before the devs notice. Maybe a little patience on our part and making sure that "we" the honest gamers keep informing the devs would go a long way to making things better.
"In the force we trust. All others must pay cash!"
Cpt. BuckshotSchell, 'Lv 50 Slinger, Bucaneer, Lady's Man.
"To serve the light, sometimes we must walk in the dark"
Haruhi, Dark Sentinel, Knight of Dubrillion

Roccobb's Avatar


Roccobb
04.27.2012 , 09:23 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Niddles View Post
I hope kryator updates us on his guildmate, because clearly the devs aren't going to tell us specifics (which I'm not sure I agree with...name and shame the exploiters). If in a few days the guildmate still isn't dealt with, that shows me that it isn't being dealt with in general and I'll have lost a lot of faith in this game.
You really think his guild mate is going to tell them what happened? Chances are good that if he is banned, he will log onto the guild forums, post "this game is lame, I am leaving", and never be seen again. If he is suspended, then he is just taking a short break.
When you say learn 2 play, how about you help me out? Post a video of your seer, in recruit gear, doing awesomeness healing in a pug wz. Help me learn. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=418896

Bafucin's Avatar


Bafucin
04.27.2012 , 09:24 AM | #109
If they are found, they will be banned.

*cough* ...just check the exploit forums... *cough*

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
04.27.2012 , 09:26 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Wayshuba View Post
There is a difference between hacking and taking advantage of exploits introduced by BioWare.

One of the MANY reasons, PvP is so messed up today is not properly correcting for these exploits in the past.
Like how everyone in PvP got BM gear in pretty much in a day when the first waves hit.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.