Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I am angry about the economic exploit.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I am angry about the economic exploit.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FaceShindu
04.27.2012 , 06:58 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Annedromeda View Post
If you are aware of someone exploitng, you should report him. By not reporting him, this by proxy makes you as bad as him.
Snitches get Stitches. Nuff said
Money, Hoes & Clothes. All a Hunter Knows
MarloLord Calypho

Blackardin
04.27.2012 , 06:58 AM | #52
Quote:
The ramifications for people that pull these exploits off are never to the extent of what they should be, I doubt bioware will do a lot about it as it is an issue they have created that has been exploited, not hacked, and there is a difference.
Prove it. Prove to us right now that you have factual data that flies in the face of that recent post, the recent expense they have incurred. Demonstrate to us with more then your opinion that they have invested the time and money into this issue with a written company policy that states "we will extend our investment to X in order to reduce and control such exploits. Once discovered the official company policy will be to do little or nothing".

If you can't, then it is just more opinion based conjecture.
May the Schwartz be with you....

HandallTorben
04.27.2012 , 07:00 AM | #53
Please , can someone tell us what exploit was that P

Kthx
04.27.2012 , 07:01 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by HandallTorben View Post
Please , can someone tell us what exploit was that P
What part of "specific instructions are not permitted" do you not understand?

ZackAlklazaris
04.27.2012 , 07:02 AM | #55
I thought they were talking about the speeding hacking on those bird eggs on Alderaan, players are making good money selling those. If they got a @#$@#$@#$ (specific instructions bad here too?) guaranteed it every time. What was this exploit that could give you so much credits? The only way I could think of is buying them online or was this more of a buggy mission.
The Shadowlands | "Order of Darkness"
--------Alklazaris - Sorcerer - DPS
--------Sa-Kan - Sniper - DPS
"Dear BW, Please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine, signed Rock"

Cerion
04.27.2012 , 07:03 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by FaceShindu View Post
Snitches get Stitches. Nuff said
sure they do....

I'd report somebody in a hearbeat....game-related or in RL.
Good will always triumph because Evil is lazy.

HandallTorben
04.27.2012 , 07:05 AM | #57
First it is fixed , 2th i don't want instructions i just want to know what they was doing. Like, ppl was selling itens over and over , just what it was, not how to do it.

FaceShindu
04.27.2012 , 07:07 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerion View Post
sure they do....

I'd report somebody in a hearbeat....game-related or in RL.
I never see how reporting someone will benefit you. Play your own game, if people want to use exploits then thats their business. Same with RL. If someones murdered someone then yea, they are a danger to the public and id probably snitch. But other than that its their business unless it directly effects me.
Money, Hoes & Clothes. All a Hunter Knows
MarloLord Calypho

Skolops
04.27.2012 , 07:10 AM | #59
Hmmm, some folks seem to be speaking as though they know what it was. I certainly don't want specific instructions by any means, but I am certainly very curious as to what the end result of this exploit was that was so serious as to warrant an emergency patch. Obviously the ennnd result was making lots of money, but I wonder whether it added a million credits in a single action, or 5 million per day, or an unlimited amount whenever the player wanted, etc.

Roccobb
04.27.2012 , 07:11 AM | #60
http://www.swtor.com/community/newre...eply&p=4146040

Quote: Originally Posted by Roccobb View Post
So I log in today, and I must have been running at 70% over. Any cool downs were faster. Attacks that last 4 seconds lasted 2.5 seconds. I thought it was my connection, just lag. But then I grouped with somebody else and they commented on how fast I was running. I almost kept up with his speeder. Computer crashed, and when I came back on I was all better. I stayed out of wz's, but did quests... Didn't want someone to say I was using a hack and getting me banned...

This was on Lord Adraas.
I still don't know what happened. I don't know how it happened. But I knowingly played it like that for 2 hours or so. I think a lot less, but can't be sure. Did I exploit? Did I cheat? Should I be banned?

Now, before anybody yells "there is a difference"...... I know there is a huge difference. When I played, I purposely stayed out of wz's. I did a few quests. And yes, I lost a race to a speeder. (gotta admit, that was kind of funny though.) So nothing I did really affected anybody else for that period of time. I hope it would also be clear that it was not intentional.

I installed nothing on my computer. In fact, my gaming computer is a very old computer, so I have nothing installed on it except Windows, LOTRO, and this game. I use it for no other purpose than two of my favorite games. Don't even use it to browse on the internet....

Also, another difference I guess would be that I reported my speed boost within 20 minutes of logging in, as soon as it was clear it wasn't just extreme lag or something on my end that made it only look like I was moving fast.... This required a second person with me....
When you say learn 2 play, how about you help me out? Post a video of your seer, in recruit gear, doing awesomeness healing in a pug wz. Help me learn. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=418896