Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I am angry about the economic exploit.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I am angry about the economic exploit.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bheta
04.27.2012 , 04:40 AM | #1
What happened to the players who have 500 million credits?

that's what i want to know, i have been busting my toon's *** for credit's and here these people win from an exploit.

I normally do not care about this stuff, but i am irked by this.

How does everyone else feel about this?
My Rig: I7-4820k, Asus P9X79 Pro, ASUS GTX 970, 24 GB ripjaw x series, 120 GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe, 4tb HHSSD, 2TB Caviar Black, 2TB External, Corsair RM 850 psu, Corsair H105, NZXT switch 810

XFrOzEnX
04.27.2012 , 04:40 AM | #2
Move along nothing to see here.
Psykomantis (Formerly the original Psychomantis of Spaceslug)

R.I.P Spaceslug,

Annedromeda
04.27.2012 , 04:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by bheta View Post

that's what i want to know, i have been busting my toon's *** for credit's and here these people win from an exploit.

Surely those who have been caught/suspect of this exploit will be dealt with. How they deal with them is never reported to us though. I have confidence they will take care of the problem.
When a man dies, a swarm of highly charged energies deserts the body and goes out into space entering another cycle of life. These energies have an IMMORTAL nature. -Thomas Edison

corbanite
04.27.2012 , 04:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by bheta View Post

have a read of this http://www.swtor.com/blog/action-bei...its-and-cheats

Wayshuba
04.27.2012 , 04:44 AM | #5
There is a difference between hacking and taking advantage of exploits introduced by BioWare.

One of the MANY reasons, PvP is so messed up today is not properly correcting for these exploits in the past.
"Do or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

KismetBP - Spear of Destiny

GhoXen
04.27.2012 , 04:48 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wayshuba View Post
There is a difference between hacking and taking advantage of exploits introduced by BioWare.

One of the MANY reasons, PvP is so messed up today is not properly correcting for these exploits in the past.
It's about the intention and the harm done. People perceive a difference because exploits usually are discovered by accidents, not repeated, and the harm done is usually significantly less than hacking.

However there can be exceptions. In WoW WotLK there was an exploit (not hack) which allows players to stack up to millions of health and queue for Arena. The only way to stack that much health was via repeated exploitation of a certain bug involving siege vehicles and latency. The intention was clear, and the harm was as great as any hack. The punishment was ergo the same - permaban.

In this case if the harm from repeating the exploit is as great as say... hacking and simply changing the credit figure, then I imagine the punishment will be the same.

kryator
04.27.2012 , 04:51 AM | #7
Will see, one of my guild mates abused of this exploit, just spent millions credit, in full unlocks (tabs, bank tabs, legacy), stims, rare materials, bought all mounts, etc...

And still got around 750 million credits, i want to see if Bioware does something to him...ill tell you guys as soon as i have news, at this exact moment, nothing has been done to him.

bheta
04.27.2012 , 04:54 AM | #8
@corbanite

thanks for the read

I know i must sounds ridiculous for being upset about something that happened in a virtual world. I am more upset w/ the people that knew about the exploit more then i am at bio ware.

But thank you for letting me vent :P
My Rig: I7-4820k, Asus P9X79 Pro, ASUS GTX 970, 24 GB ripjaw x series, 120 GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe, 4tb HHSSD, 2TB Caviar Black, 2TB External, Corsair RM 850 psu, Corsair H105, NZXT switch 810

Annedromeda
04.27.2012 , 04:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kryator View Post
Will see, one of my guild mates abused of this exploit, just spent millions credit, in full unlocks (tabs, bank tabs, legacy), stims, rare materials, bought all mounts, etc...

And still got around 750 million credits, i want to see if Bioware does something to him...ill tell you guys as soon as i have news, at this exact moment, nothing has been done to him.

If you are aware of someone exploitng, you should report him. By not reporting him, this by proxy makes you as bad as him.
When a man dies, a swarm of highly charged energies deserts the body and goes out into space entering another cycle of life. These energies have an IMMORTAL nature. -Thomas Edison

bheta
04.27.2012 , 04:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by kryator View Post

That would be amazing, thank you.