Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to Subscribe with Paypal?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to Subscribe with Paypal?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LenaMarie
12.17.2011 , 09:38 AM | #1
First let me say, this is the best MMO I've played in years, so i decided i want to subscribe and keep playing after head start. So I go to activate a subscription and since i dont feel comfortable leaving credit cards on websites because of hackers, I use Paypal.

So everything is fine to start, i can select paypal, log into it and tell it to subscribe to TOR, but once i get back to the TOR website and it says EA is processing it, I get the following error

"It seems that this purchase request has already been submitted. If you want to make another purchase, start over. "

I've tried three times and still nothing, and there is nothing under preapproved payments on paypal and my TOR account doesnt register a subscription.

Any ideas or help? thanks

Mikrobestie
12.17.2011 , 09:46 AM | #2
That's exactly what happened to me (tried many times). A lot of people complains about this and ends up putting in credit card number (which works )

Lukery
12.17.2011 , 09:47 AM | #3
Same problem here.

D6-R8
12.17.2011 , 09:55 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by LenaMarie View Post
First let me say, this is the best MMO I've played in years, so i decided i want to subscribe and keep playing after head start. So I go to activate a subscription and since i dont feel comfortable leaving credit cards on websites because of hackers, I use Paypal.

So everything is fine to start, i can select paypal, log into it and tell it to subscribe to TOR, but once i get back to the TOR website and it says EA is processing it, I get the following error

"It seems that this purchase request has already been submitted. If you want to make another purchase, start over. "

I've tried three times and still nothing, and there is nothing under preapproved payments on paypal and my TOR account doesnt register a subscription.

Any ideas or help? thanks

Hi LenaMarie,

We’d like first to thank you for your compliment relating to the game. We appreciate very much your positive feedback.

Relating to your issue of having difficulty in using PayPal in order to subscribe to the game we need to inform you that we’ve received a number of reports from some players mentioning the problem you’re having, and this is currently being investigated.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you in Star Wars: The Old Republic!

D6-R8 | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

LenaMarie
12.17.2011 , 09:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by D6-R8 View Post

Hi LenaMarie,

We’d like first to thank you for your compliment relating to the game. We appreciate very much your positive feedback.

Relating to your issue of having difficulty in using PayPal in order to subscribe to the game we need to inform you that we’ve received a number of reports from some players mentioning the problem you’re having, and this is currently being investigated.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you in Star Wars: The Old Republic!

Thanks for the reply! As for the comment, your very welcome. This is a masterpiece you've crafted here, I usually dont like to play MMOs, but TOR I can play for hours, and its hard to pick just one class, i play them all lol But my favorite has to be Inquisitor, that lightning is so fun.

As for paypal, Im glad you guys know about it, but I really hope you can fix it by the 20th, I REALLY want to keep playing but the past year has made me really fearful about hackers with major hacks from Sony and Steam and such that Im really afraid to put my credit card on a gaming website.