Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security question and resetting password

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Security question and resetting password
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Brethan
12.14.2011 , 11:28 PM | #1
I don't understand why I keep getting the security password even I after resetting my password multiple times. There's no option to reset the security questions without answering a security question which I can't get correctly.

Will there be a work around or will I have to keep resetting my password each time I log in?

Pattinson
12.17.2011 , 09:18 AM | #2
I have had the same problem. Been trying to reset my password but when I try log in then I get the same security question which I cannot answer. I know what it is but I get it wrong somehow. My acc is now locked and yeah.. that is annoying.

When you reset password do you get the same security question? Gawd I wanna play.

D6-R8
12.17.2011 , 09:42 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hi all,

We can unfortunately not deal with your security questions issue through this forum, nor through e-mail, the reason for this being the need to protect your account data. Please get in touch with our customer service telephone support at one of the below mentioned numbers, and once you can login into your account check your security questions and please make sure that they are both memorable and secure.

From the USA please call our Customer Service team toll-free on 1855 GO SWTOR (1855 467 9867) and from the United Kingdom, France or Germany use the following phone number: +8000 BIOWARE (00800 0246 9273).

If you’re calling from a country other than the USA, UK, France or Germany, you may call us on 0044 203 564 2555, but please be advised that international call rates may apply.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you in Star Wars: The Old Republic!

D6-R8 | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Geopanta
12.17.2011 , 09:50 AM | #4
I have had the same problem, and i know i have gotten my security question right. But in any case. The phone number you have provided has a constant message that says "at the moment all our agents are busy please call back later" I have been calling for 6 hours now. This is really frustrating, please look into this matter.

Thank you.

Chipmore
12.17.2011 , 10:07 AM | #5
The fact that you have now turned on an automatic answering machine that says your busy and tells you to call back shows utter contempt for your customerbase. Good luck to all of you that are locked out!

rickpArry
12.17.2011 , 10:12 AM | #6
OK, this may or may not work for you.
this will get you logged into your swtor.com account, but you may or may not be able to log into the game through the launcher, it worked for me but not for other people.

steps:
1. reset your password
2. after you have gotten the email and have put in a new password (or the same old one, it doesn't matter) click ok in the window that says something like "you have been logged out for security reasons."
3. next, open up a new tab and go to swtor.com. click login, and put in your username and password. when you reach the part where it asks you for your security question, go back to the first tab that you clicked ok in.
4. on the first tab, click back in your browser. you should now be at the "you have been logged out for security reasons" page. click the ok button and you should be logged in!!!

this is where it stops working for people:
first off, dont bother trying to reset your security questions, because it will ask you for a security question lol. feel free to try and answer, although if you answer incorrectly you will have to repeat this process. Now, make sure you are logged in to your swtor.com account, and open up the swtor launcher. try to login, although some people were still faced with the security question again. if this happens, the only thing i can think of that you could do is repeat this process several times and hopefully swtor will recognize your IP adress ans stop asking you the questions, like it did for me.

hope this helps