Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Needing on gear for companions

imnotawitch
04.26.2012 , 11:45 AM | #1
How accepted is this if there is some one who can use the gear for their actual character? I was running 3 lowbies through BT on my 50 a while back, 1 SW (I forget AC) 1 Sin, and 1 IA (Again, I forget AC.) The SW needed on some cunning pants for his Vette and won, even though they were an upgrade for an IA. The SW happened to be group leader so I left group, told the other 2 to leave group, and started up a new run for them. I also told the SW's guild officers what he did and left his fate regarding his guild in their hands (idk if they kicked him or not.) Was I overreacting? The SW was unrepentant when I called him out on the ninja-ing and protested that needing on companion gear was valid, even if it was an upgrade for a player character.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

Wallsie
04.26.2012 , 11:47 AM | #2
Unless everyone agrees before the run that it's cool, then it is very poor etiquette. Leveling gear is leveling gear, but a player character always gets preference over a companion. The warrior should have asked first.

uniz
04.26.2012 , 01:55 PM | #3
there has already been a few threads about this and everyone has a different opinion on what is right and wrong mmo etiquette. loot rules need to be explained before the run and then agreed upon but few people do it.

personally i am of the opinion that you only need for items that the player character you are ON can equip and use . this opinion is in the majority of experienced gamers but a popular mmo out there produced a genre of players lacking manners. it is poor etiquette and behavior to do otherwise if not agreed upon first and this goes way back to eq1 or earlier.

you will always run into people with the mentality that they "need" it to sell for the credits, which only places a black mark on thier name and reputation. but these people dont care and neither does most of thier guildleaders. this is one of many reasons people dont want a crossserver lfd. if there is one it must have safe guards to deter loot whore mentalities of the greedy children of all ages. sadly such people usually are the ones wondering why they can never get a group and are staunch advicates of a cross server lfd. it is the only way they can get people to play with.