Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode Denova: Toth & Zorn Bugged

brentonj
04.26.2012 , 12:03 PM | #1
I'm not certain if the mechanic is working as intended in 16m, but in 8m Hardmode the fearful mechanic in this fight is completely bugged.

When Toth jumps to Zorn, ranged dps should not be affected by fearful so long as they're 30 meters (max range) from the impact radius. However, this is simply not the case. Our Sorc DPS died constantly last night, while at max range every time. Due to receiving fearful when he shouldn't have been. Thus his DoT's killing him because they were already on Zorn prior to the leap.

This bug has also been confirmed by numerous guilds over at sithwarrior.com

(located here: http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...Toth-Hard-Mode)

Please fix this. It's incredibly frustrating. And requires any non-sniper ranged to constantly run beyond 30 meters, resulting in a significant loss of Dps on Zorn throughout the fight.
Ability Delay
"Busy adults who desire high level progression & expect high performance results"

Commogeek
04.26.2012 , 12:39 PM | #2
What is even more frustrating is when the Ranged runs out before the leap even takes place and still gets fearful put on them...
GM of Vigor on Sword of Ajunta Pall

Adenn Vau: Scoundrel heals <GM of Vigor>
Atin Vau my BH from another life...

Woofpack
04.26.2012 , 12:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by brentonj View Post
I'm not certain if the mechanic is working as intended in 16m, but in 8m Hardmode the fearful mechanic in this fight is completely bugged.

When Toth jumps to Zorn, ranged dps should not be affected by fearful so long as they're 30 meters (max range) from the impact radius. However, this is simply not the case. Our Sorc DPS died constantly last night, while at max range every time. Due to receiving fearful when he shouldn't have been. Thus his DoT's killing him because they were already on Zorn prior to the leap.

This bug has also been confirmed by numerous guilds over at sithwarrior.com

(located here: http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...Toth-Hard-Mode)

Please fix this. It's incredibly frustrating. And requires any non-sniper ranged to constantly run beyond 30 meters, resulting in a significant loss of Dps on Zorn throughout the fight.
We were seeing this last night in 16man HM... what I saw was that the fearful debuff would be applied BEFORE Toth jumped... so if we were within 30m of Zorn when Toth turned to jump to Zorn, we would get debuff... The way we worked around that was to have our melee call out when Toth was 1-2% above jump threshhold (i.e. 92%) and Ranged would move out well beyond 30 m BEFORE he turned to jump... The adverse effect is that we were running into enrage timers mainly because Ranged spent more time off target......

brentonj
04.26.2012 , 01:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Woofpack View Post
We were seeing this last night in 16man HM... what I saw was that the fearful debuff would be applied BEFORE Toth jumped... so if we were within 30m of Zorn when Toth turned to jump to Zorn, we would get debuff... The way we worked around that was to have our melee call out when Toth was 1-2% above jump threshhold (i.e. 92%) and Ranged would move out well beyond 30 m BEFORE he turned to jump... The adverse effect is that we were running into enrage timers mainly because Ranged spent more time off target......
Indeed we were running into that same problem as well. Ranged DPS (minus a sniper in our case) were losing valuable DPS having to constantly run out.

I guess it's both 8m and 16m that are bugged. I'm hoping they fix this asap, but I guess I shouldn't be holding my breath.
Ability Delay
"Busy adults who desire high level progression & expect high performance results"

pure_laced
04.26.2012 , 02:01 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Woofpack View Post
This has always been the case. Zorn can cast Fearful before Toth leaps. Watch the health percentages.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Lugosi
04.26.2012 , 02:45 PM | #6
I have experienced this on a sorc as well in 8m HM. I am glad to see that other people are seeing this. Was getting a little tired of people saying "No, your doing it wrong, L2P and stay 25+ meters back."

There is another thread about this too.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=431448
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

Resilan
04.26.2012 , 02:53 PM | #7
Both of these bosses have a very large hit box which seems to complicate the issue. We solved the problem mentioned by the OP through positioning. If the tank for Zorn is positioned between the boss and the dps group, the dps group can stay at 29m and avoid this debuff. This seemed to work reasonably well.

rudgey
04.26.2012 , 03:16 PM | #8
i have just been doing zorn and toth hm and dps where getting one shot by something if happened to me but i didn't have a de buff or a dot , and also i think zorn's aoe from the cone attack is bugged to the ranged is more than 10 m from what i have seen .
The Red eclipse

djdee
04.26.2012 , 03:25 PM | #9
Yep we experienced the same bug regarding Fearful. It seems quite dodgy, like if you stay around the max range it seems to work in favor of avoiding it but if you move out of the range of Fearful by a large margin you will still sometimes get it.

Another bug I have noticed is, that Mental Anguish and Weakened were applied even though the boss was turned around to the wall with his backside facing the raid group when he was doing his Shriek. It feels a bit like Bonethrasher's 3D model not actually facing in the direction the gaming logic is actually calculating with all over again.

Edit: we were doing 8man HM.
See ya on the chronostream, time jockey!
Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. And never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
You can use my referral link for a preferred friend bundle if you want to try SWTOR out.

brentonj
04.26.2012 , 04:08 PM | #10
Hoping for an update from BioWare soon. Really sucks their Q&A is so poor.
Ability Delay