Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA / Canceling Preorder Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
EA / Canceling Preorder Question

Darkhosis
12.13.2011 , 11:38 AM | #11
Patience young padawan

Heck, I'd just be thankful I got a CE... They were sold out for me Look on the bright side I guess?
The Gamer Down - Game Reviews
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkhosis

Veela
12.13.2011 , 11:40 AM | #12
I'm not sure my original post explained properly.

Not being in EA yet, and wanting to cancel my CE are two completely separate things. Yes, I'm a little annoyed about not getting in this morning, but I'm not freaking out about it.

More than anything, I think I'd like to save myself some cash for Christmas and cancel my CE order to buy the regular edition. I'm not threatening Bioware... if I was, I'd be screaming "I'M CANCELING ALL MY ORDERZ!!11" -- I'm still buying the game and I'm looking forward to playing it.

I just, very simply, wanted to know if canceling the CE and buying a regular edition would affect any Early Access. Nothing more, nothing less.

/shrug
Veela
Her Royal Hawtness, Scoundrelless, Panty Profiteer
O.G. Veela circa 2003

starburstz
12.13.2011 , 11:40 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Yllaan View Post
Dont leave assprints on the door on your way out
LOL! Said perfectly my friend.

EcGBorn
12.13.2011 , 11:42 AM | #14
I would like to cancel my CE order as well. If I don't get to choose the player names in the same capacity as other players I'd rather just pay the normal price for the game.

Pretty unfair that some people get the character name they want and I'll likely have to use some crap thing.

SithicKnight
12.13.2011 , 11:43 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Yllaan View Post
Dont leave assprints on the door on your way out
Or better yet, do.

Veela
12.13.2011 , 11:43 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by starburstz View Post
LOL! Said perfectly my friend.
...except I didn't say I wasn't ever going to play the game again? I said I wanted to buy a regular edition instead. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if people even read what one writes...
Veela
O.G. Veela circa 2003

ElhonnaDS
12.13.2011 , 11:50 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSteak View Post
I agree that it's kind of bull**** that they clearly stated EGA was a first come, first served basis and there are people getting access that registered later, but I don't see the point in cancelling your CE unless you truly don't want the content. Doing it as a statement to a company that stands to make several million every month, withholding your extra 100 bucks isn't going to go very far in sticking it to the man.
Out of curiosity, I'm noticing that many of the people who pre-ordered are complaining that it clearly stated that it was first come, first sever for EGA, and many of the people who ordered late are saying that it was never said that it was first come first serve. I never remember seeing either in writing. Do you have a link? It doesn't matter tome personally- I have my EGA already, and ordered really early on- I just wonder because both groups seem dead set that they are correct.

Veela
12.13.2011 , 11:54 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by iBleedU View Post
See the problem with you is that you are going to complain all the time. Even if they read this and let you in on the next invite which I wish you luck for that you get in. You will still complain once ingame.

It will be about something else and you will make another post just like this one and threaten them by saying change so and so or I cancel...
I assure you, I make every attempt to avoid any Customer Service forums. I think it's hilarious and adorable that you want to psychoanalyze me and brand me a complainer because I'd like to save a couple bucks during the holidays but don't want to mess with the EA I registered for months ago.

Thanks, Dr. iBleedU!
Veela
O.G. Veela circa 2003

Veela
12.13.2011 , 11:57 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ElhonnaDS View Post
Out of curiosity, I'm noticing that many of the people who pre-ordered are complaining that it clearly stated that it was first come, first sever for EGA, and many of the people who ordered late are saying that it was never said that it was first come first serve. I never remember seeing either in writing. Do you have a link? It doesn't matter tome personally- I have my EGA already, and ordered really early on- I just wonder because both groups seem dead set that they are correct.
I think this is a decent one to pull from (posted this AM)

Quote:
Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.
Veela
O.G. Veela circa 2003

Ghoase
12.13.2011 , 11:59 AM | #20
lol no one actually read the OP...lmao stop flaming people..