Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

Icebergy
04.26.2012 , 08:33 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
From a perspective of "how useful are the individual companions" - then only healers and tanks are useful. DPS are just... pointless.
No. If you are a DPS you should be using healer companion, if you are a tank you should be using a DPS or healer companion, if you are a healer, you still want a DPS companion. Tank companions are the worthless ones.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 2/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Rokstaradgjm
04.26.2012 , 08:39 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Clonedzero View Post
Rusk from the JK. he just sorta joins you for no real reason. plus he's so stiff and not really likable at all.
agreed hes my least favorite companion in the game so far. hes made even more pointless by the fact that you get scourge at like the end of the next quest and scourge is just soooo much better in so many different ways
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Damn, that's a long long time.

Twickers
04.26.2012 , 08:42 AM | #33
I like many others LOATHE Skadge on the BH, seriously, I wish I could send this overgrown toad out my friggen airlock, I have no idea why we needed a token evil teammate THIS evil, and every time that fat tub of lard says "IF IT'LL SHUT YOU UP" when I send him on a mission...good god I wish I could rip out his vocal cords.

Loved all the rest of the BH companions, though I also found Torian dull, at least Gault was funny.

For the inquisitor I really didn't like Khem Val at first, then I started having convo's with him and found that he was growing to respect my character so he grew on me, and believe it or not I like Ashara too, though she is contradictive as all hell and it is irritating that you cant turn her (Sweetheart, let me explain something, you've killed hundreds of jedi with me, I don't think you exactly qualify as a jedi anymore), but that's what the sith pureblood pimp slap is for . Overall I liked all the inquis companions actually.

Those are the only two classes I've actually gotten to 50 at this time, but yeah, BW please give me an option to get rid of skadge or, barring that, let me beat him into being a iittle more nicer.

deusBAAL
04.26.2012 , 08:44 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
khem i deslike him so much that i have reconsiderd rolling as a sorc.
im sick of hearing about tulok hord he gets in my way every time i want to talk to someone and hes just a borning character to talk to.

as a sorc im anoyed that hes the only tank we get when warriors and knights get 2 i dont want ot have to relay on him all the way to lvl 50.
As dps Sorc I have done fine with Andronikos and then with Ashara and SOrc does get a 2nd tank: Xalek, who of course is bugged and gets no benefit from shield and absorption gear!

Thus Xalek is the worst companion to me (sadly I relaised that after gearing him up and that way I am kinda stuck with him now till I managed to gear up another one, maybe Khem again, since Ashara wears slave girl outfit now LOL)
Why is Xalek the worst? Because he got no story or quests behind him after you get him, the conversations are bring and just end at some point with his swear of allegiance. Boring, he feels like a lategame added appendix.
Plus he is BUGGED which makes him the worst tank pet of all, low chance of shielding and light armor = total paper tank.
Funny how PVP folks strive to become the best PK, while PVE folks know that PKs are just really really bad players.

dazednconfuzed
04.26.2012 , 09:16 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
khem i deslike him so much that i have reconsiderd rolling as a sorc.
im sick of hearing about tulok hord he gets in my way every time i want to talk to someone and hes just a borning character to talk to.

as a sorc im anoyed that hes the only tank we get when warriors and knights get 2 i dont want ot have to relay on him all the way to lvl 50.
I think Khem is great. He offers to eat anyone that gets in my way. What more could you ask for?
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

grania
04.26.2012 , 09:19 AM | #36
Broonmark I suppose. Much like Skadge for my BH, there's no reason why my warrior would want him on her ship or even get along with him. The first (or nearly first?) time I encountered him I knew I wasn't going to like him. But at least Skadge has some funny lines.

I don't really have any "constructive advice" for Bioware other than that it would be nice if we could turn a companion away if we really wanted to. At least one, that our character would never associate with. Maybe someday they'll add in new things like alternate companion options or some such. I know they've heard suggestions like this before.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

Raeln
04.26.2012 , 09:41 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
No. If you are a DPS you should be using healer companion, if you are a tank you should be using a DPS or healer companion, if you are a healer, you still want a DPS companion. Tank companions are the worthless ones.
I just want to be able to re-kit my companions to serve whatever role I need them to. Until then, everyone except my assigned healer companion (on nearly all my characters) will remain on my ship and be nothing more than a gift opener and mission slave.

Note: I love the concept of the companion system - but it is dreadfully restrictive in my opinion. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to have Nadia heal using Tech or Force or have M14X reprogrammed to fire kolto rounds at me rather than blaster rounds at the enemy.

I could understand the locked-in nature of companion roles if we could use them in full group Flashpoints and Operations - obviously DPS companions would have a place there. Yet, that isn't possible - at least at this point in time.

grania
04.26.2012 , 09:48 AM | #38
Quote:
Imp Agent-Kaliyo (omg, shutthef***up...u can have the head.
Yeah if you're playing a nice agent, she's as much fun as a rash. I think in the 30+ levels I was stuck with her for I got just over 500 affection with her, and that was really working for it. Every time I gave her a gift it was immediately negated by dialogue.

What does she mean by "dibs on the head" anyway? Is she saying she wants to ..eat.. that guy's head? On the other hand, I can't help but laugh when she calls things like beasts and turrets "dirt bags".

Getting through those levels with her was tough. I'm not sure it's a wise idea to put a very dark or very light companion as the the first one you get, especially when they aren't particularly.. useful. And extra especially when you can't switch them out for a very long time. (I wish I could swap Kaliyo with my inq and take Talos or Ashara. Everyone would be much happier that way.)
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

Clonedzero
04.26.2012 , 09:53 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Crito View Post
So much negativity on these forums. Why all the "which is the worst ..." threads? Why not "which is the best"? pfft
yeah! i agree!. ima hijack this thread and turn it into who we like instead!

well my two favorites are scourge and ashara, for the same reasons oddly enough. its that they're counter to whats expected of you. they both question your code and make you ask questions about it. they put you in positions of having to defend your beliefs which is FAR more interesting than other characters who just go "backstory dump lolz"

i also really like kira and nadia. but maybe i just like having kickbutt female jedi following me around? lol. they're both fun characters to have around. its a real shame nadia comes so late in the game

also, doc has to be my favorite healer ive used. "did you not see my jedi friend?!" talos was pretty cool, i was really thankful for him on my lightside assassin since only talos and ashara really approved of anything i did, got tiresome of constantly having to feed everyone gifts to make up for my choices lol. Gus is also another great healer companion, same with theran....maybe they did that on purpose? making the healer companions very likable?

even as a male, i found corso to be my favorite smuggler companion. he just plays that best friend role so well. he's actually my favorite starter companion of the classes ive played. he just seems to actually like your character, like they'd hang out even when not on the job, most other starter companions don't seem that way.

Captain_Zone
04.26.2012 , 09:59 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Lt. Rusk is my second vote. While he isn't an insufferable wretch like Skadge, he is just kinda along for the ride. If I need good dps, I'll break out Kira. Rusk doesn't seem to fit in well with the JK story imho.
SGT Rusk made my list, and definitely needs to be forced into retirement. The guy is a liability on any mission, as he tends to get his entire squad killed. Yeah, I don't care what military you serve in. ANY NCO that gets his squad or platoon killed on a regular basis and survives would be brought before a review board at the very least, the first time it happened. If it continued to happen that way, he would be court martialed for negligent homicide in the deaths of his men.

I would sooner work for Captain Kirk as a Red Shirt than serve in Rusk's squad! At least there were a couple times when Red Shirts made it back alive!
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.