Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Medpacs and Stealth

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Medpacs and Stealth

KBSIP
04.26.2012 , 02:10 AM | #1
currently in both PVP and PVE content, stealth classes can drop combat via cloak, and thus gain access to a second medpac.

I'm assuming this is a bug, but I can see how this will be difficult to fix, as you can't really tell when someone is cloaking to disengage from combat, and when someone is using cloak to get some time before diving back in to the same fight.

As such, I think the limit on medpacs should be removed altogether, at least for PVE content, as it really serves no purpose since stealth classes can bypass the mechanics.

KrotanaThrall
04.26.2012 , 02:45 AM | #2
It's not a bug. Vanishing puts you out of combat thus resetting your 1 per fight limit because you aren't fighting anymore.

LenrocNewDawn
04.26.2012 , 02:54 AM | #3
It may not be a bug but it's still an oversight that needs addressing. Good catch OP o7.
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

Pizzel
04.26.2012 , 02:56 AM | #4
With how squishy everyone is now they should just remove the limit. Healing is way nerfed this change was not necessary IMO. No one hardly lasts 1.5 mins anymore

Timadan
04.26.2012 , 02:58 AM | #5
There's still a cool down timer so a stealth player can not hit back to back health pots.

madtycoon
04.26.2012 , 03:24 AM | #6
I can't imagine its intended on boss fights. They should have probably just done a longer base cooldown on medpacs and have that cooldown not reset on boss fights or something.

Kinda off topic, getting out of combat in this game is a joke, aside from vanish. A flat 8 seconds of doing nothing should drop your combat imo. This includes if you're mezzed. Restealthing and channeling your ooc ability should be a lot easier and the heal off that ooc ability should be hit with the trauma debuff, if you're in a warzone.