Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mission: The Carriers of Xenovirus Prime

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Mission: The Carriers of Xenovirus Prime
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

zoundwave
04.26.2012 , 02:21 AM | #1
Every day when I pick up this mission, I must relog upon entering the vault associated with this mission in order to trigger the scan event in front of the vault "doors." Unless I relog, the event will not trigger in front of any of the "doors." It immediately begins working as expected upon logging back in.

As an aside, I am also unable to track the progress of the in-game Bug Report I filed because the CS window simply shows "Updating..." every time it is opened, and not any of my history of opened and closed tickets.

Beruthien
04.26.2012 , 02:42 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings zoundwave,

Thank you for bringing the issue with this mission to our attention.

We are glad that the current workaround resolves the issue for you, but we do understand the inconvenience this can cause.

At this time we would ask that you submit a bug report regarding the issue (/bug) and include the following information:
  • Client language (ie French/German/English)
  • Server (ie Cosmic Turbine / Darth Malak)
  • Planet/Area Name (Taris/ Nar Shaddaa)
  • Coordinates (e.g. X: 23 Y: -175 Z: 200, you can get these by mousing over the arrow representing your character on the minimap)
  • Character Name and Account Handle (Camaron, Camaronepixxx)
  • Character Level / Class / Advanced class (Level 14, Sith Warrior, Juggernaut)
  • Quest Name ( Gree: Hydro Supply)
  • Quest stage (the quest text for the step you are currently on)
  • Active Companion (Vette)
  • Description of the bug.
Thank you in advance!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Peyji
04.27.2012 , 04:32 PM | #3
Client language = English
Server = Krath
Planet/Area Name = Belsavis
Coordinates = X: -591 Y: -2631 Z: 101
Character Name and Account Handle Bellerophon, Peyji
Character Level / Class / Advanced class = Level 50, Sith Warrior, Marauder
Quest Name = The Carriers of Xenovirus Prime
Quest stage = Return To Monitoring Station
Active Companion = Quinn
Description of the bug = Just like the original poster, I also had to relog just to trigger the automatic scan event for the vault doors on this quest, as it doesn't allow the scans to be triggered manually. I've also come across a perhaps related bug. At the coordinates mentioned above, the prisoner behind the vault door can be targeted as an enemy, and the vault door itself can be walked through. The automatic scan does not trigger for this vault, and attacking the prisoner causes him to run out of the vault before fighting back. Quinn never enters the vault at all. However, waiting for the prisoner to begin combat first prevents him from running out of the vault, a he instead engaged the player as a normal enemy.

BaronV
07.30.2012 , 09:39 AM | #4
I too have encountered this exact problem. Workaround works just fine. Bug report sent.

Client language English
Server The Progenitor
Planet/Area Name Belsavis / Signal Monitoring Station
Coordinates (e.g. X: 23 Y: -175 Z: 200, you can get these by mousing over the arrow representing your character on the minimap)
Character Level / Class / Advanced class Level 50 Sith Inquisitor, Sorcerer
Quest Name The Carriers of Xenovirus Prime
Quest stage Scanning for the virus at the vaults
Active Companion Khem Val
Description of the bug - when going right up to the vault doors nothing happens. Right clicking on the scanner in mission items does nothing. The only workaround is to log out and back in when in the vault area. Then it works perfectly.
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Cerimon
07.30.2012 , 11:43 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings BaronV,

Please report the bug from within the game by clicking on the ? icon at the top of your screen or by typing ctrl+/ and creating a bug ticket. To create a bug ticket you should select the following options once you’ve opened the Help Center: Click on Request Help – then click on Create Ticket. On the pop-up that appears, please select the Bug Report Category. Please note that this category should only be used to report bugs and not to report a serious problem that is stopping you from progressing in the game.

In order for us to be able to identify the issue causing the bug we would ask for you to provide the information listed in my colleague Beruthiens' earlier post. Once you’ve provided all the information that you consider applicable, please click on Create Ticket. You’ll be provided with some related information on known bugs from the Help Center, if you don’t see the issue you are reporting there, please click on Submit Ticket again to confirm your report.

You can also report bugs via email to support@swtor.com – and you can include a screenshot (if applicable) with your mail.
For email reports we ask that you provide the same level of detail as outlined above.

While we will not respond to a bug report except to acknowledge receipt, please be assured that we will investigate all bugs reported to us.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

KailuaSith
08.26.2012 , 04:04 PM | #6
Im still experiencing this bug.
The Tyrannicus Legacy
Kraygg: 50 Sorcerer / Fee'Nix: 50 Sniper / Pryss: 50 Sentinel / Eviscerus: 50 Marauder / Kruciatus: 50 Juggernaut

BaronV
09.12.2012 , 12:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings BaronV,

Please report the bug from within the game by clicking on the ? icon at the top of your screen or by typing ctrl+/ and creating a bug ticket. To create a bug ticket you should select the following options once you’ve opened the Help Center: Click on Request Help – then click on Create Ticket. On the pop-up that appears, please select the Bug Report Category. Please note that this category should only be used to report bugs and not to report a serious problem that is stopping you from progressing in the game.

In order for us to be able to identify the issue causing the bug we would ask for you to provide the information listed in my colleague Beruthiens' earlier post. Once you’ve provided all the information that you consider applicable, please click on Create Ticket. You’ll be provided with some related information on known bugs from the Help Center, if you don’t see the issue you are reporting there, please click on Submit Ticket again to confirm your report.

You can also report bugs via email to support@swtor.com – and you can include a screenshot (if applicable) with your mail.
For email reports we ask that you provide the same level of detail as outlined above.

While we will not respond to a bug report except to acknowledge receipt, please be assured that we will investigate all bugs reported to us.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Dear Bioware Employee,

I sent the bug report even before I posted on the forum. Hence the words "bug report sent" in my post
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Sabevissia
03.26.2013 , 11:20 AM | #8
Yeah, this bug still happens intermittently even to this date (and yes, some times customer service people do get into a "scanning" habit and end up missing stuff such as the customer doing what they asked them to do lol, funny some times but we are all human after all).

cTrixy
01.27.2014 , 07:40 AM | #9
This is still broken