Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

Bhaers
04.26.2012 , 12:36 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BuckyCameron View Post
I absoluley love Kira, but unfortunatley, she takes very little aggro. Im not saying replace her, im saying increase her threat generation a bit.
You are a tank, she is DPS. She shouldn't get agro at all or at worst only sometimes.
An inflated sense of self-importance deflects us from the inner peace and happiness we seek and affects those around us negatively. - HH Dalai Lama

Captain_Zone
04.26.2012 , 01:16 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bhaers View Post
You are a tank, she is DPS. She shouldn't get agro at all or at worst only sometimes.
Depends on if you're running a Guardian or a Sentinel. If you're running a Sentinel, Kira shouldn't even BE there unless you're just going with Offense AS Defense strategy.

And if you're a Guardian, she IS your DPS when it comes to taking down the bad guys.

Kira and Jaesa serve the exact same purposes. DPS and Eye Candy.

All that said, Most pointless companion in the game HAS to be Skadge. Good lord, does he have to be dumb, ugly, AND evil??? Seriously, his DPS is in the toilet, and his Tanking ability is also nearly non-existent. Unless you're running a Healing spec, he goes down faster than Jill Kelly.

Blizz on the other hand fills the Tank role just fine, and he's a blast to take along on missions.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Kaisernick
04.26.2012 , 03:17 AM | #13
khem i deslike him so much that i have reconsiderd rolling as a sorc.
im sick of hearing about tulok hord he gets in my way every time i want to talk to someone and hes just a borning character to talk to.

as a sorc im anoyed that hes the only tank we get when warriors and knights get 2 i dont want ot have to relay on him all the way to lvl 50.

natashina
04.26.2012 , 03:22 AM | #14
Skadge, hands down. Not only does he comes so late in the game, but he has a personality that makes Gault's look like a saint. We didn't need another tank(I was tanking and Blizz was backup) and frankly Skadge is the worst companion period. While Broonmark is fairly useless, at least he's got a real personality. Skadge is just many many bad words that I will not repeat here.

Lt. Rusk is my second vote. While he isn't an insufferable wretch like Skadge, he is just kinda along for the ride. If I need good dps, I'll break out Kira. Rusk doesn't seem to fit in well with the JK story imho.

TitusVorenus
04.26.2012 , 03:33 AM | #15
Vette is profoundly annoying, but at least you get a shock collar with her.

Kaliyo, on the other hand, is just as annoying--you think you're so awesome, get over yourself already--but I just can't seem to be rid of her. She insists on flirting with me or thinking I'm flirting with her--it seems like half the time I tell her to shut up (which she never does)], she's practically aroused by it, which would be awesome if I didn't find her hideous (and, of course, obnoxious). Kaliyo is that person we all know who thinks they're way, way cooler than they actually are.

She also makes a lousy tank; she draws aggro well enough, but she can barely stand up to a strong breeze. I love absolutely everything about playing a Sniper except Kaliyo.
The Former Dalexeo Cobja of Starsider
Vorenus Faustus--Vanguard, Helm of Graush
Sygnus Faustus--Scoundrel, Helm of Graush
Vorbeck--Sniper, Ven Zallow

Lunafox
04.26.2012 , 03:44 AM | #16
SW-Broonmark...while his devotion is admirable, he's just the token monster.

Imp Agent-Kaliyo (omg, shutthef***up...u can have the head. Thank the maker for Vector), Scorpio sux too...I need 2 robots like a hole in the head.

SI-They all pretty much suck, though with modifications Revel is fine. For a long time I was considering Khem as a romantic interest...yeah, they're that bad. So from this lot, I choose Talos. Why couldn't BW have made him more sexxxy, instead of a little worm?

BH-That Skadge thing.

Jedi Knight-Not a a big fan of Rusk.

Jedi Consular-Like, SI they all suck. From a female point of view, the only interesting man turns out to be Holo-sexual, lol. Qyzen's growling starts to annoy after a while too.

Trooper-none of the companions interest me, so I doubt I'll even play it, unless I'm uber bored and finished everything else.

Smuggler-Haven't really got much use for Guss Tuna or whatever his name is. Need to play this more to make a definitive choice...
My debut novel ETERNITY AWAITS available now!

Zaikrem
04.26.2012 , 05:28 AM | #17
There is no point in having Ensign Temple or Broonmark around. Temple's reason for being there is "NO DON'T KILL THAT HELPLESS SOLDIER!", which is kinda ****ed since I played my Agent COMPLETELY dark and killed pretty much everyone. Broonmark's reason is "RAWR U LET ME KILL GUY SO I JOIN YOU 4EVER"

Neither of them have any impact on the story after you leave Hoth (even then, the two of them have little impact), and even their personal stories are boring.

Ivanelise
04.26.2012 , 05:53 AM | #18
Mako

IMO she is the worst companion ever and Im stuck with her because she is SUPPOSEDLY my healer. But she never heals. When she does it is like for 80 points and Im lvl 33. >.< Yet she heals herself for over 600 points. I watched this in action all day yesterday. It is ridiculous. I honestly shouldnt be dying repeatedly at lvl 33 because my healer totally sucks a**.

And every word that comes out of her mouth is sooooo annoying and degrading. As a female player I find her overly whiney and offensive. She is a total wimp...really pathetic. The rest of her "story" lines etc make no sense. One minute she is whining at me not to forget we are a team and when Im mean to her and tell her we arent a team, that she works for me...she says she doesnt. She's weird.

If I had the option to throw her out of the airlock, I most certainly would. Im going to die anyway whether she is with me or not since she is such a horrid healer so why not die happily without her instead of cursing at her for not doing her job? The only ways I can think for Bioware to fix her is to permanently gag her so I never have to hear her speak and to make her a much more effective healer.

Honestly I'd much rather my "trophy husband" as people called him (personally I like Torian best because he is the most low key) or Gault be my healer companion.
Kaas City Vornskr
Ajunta Pall Corellian Run
Canderous Ordo Sith Med Sphere

IronSalamander
04.26.2012 , 05:58 AM | #19
Skadge is just a waste of carbon. When I first played my BH after my Sniper, I was pleased at the fact that they have much better companions overall...till I got this puke. Scorpio is just a glorified Microsoft product ("time to upgrade", "I must upgrade",etc.) and I really want this thing off my ship. Kaliyo went from obnoxious to worthless really fast and I would love to dump her out the airlock.
The D'Vraenex legacy: Kylania-50 Chiss Sniper: Thelianna-50 Chiss Powertech: Morella-50 Chiss Sith Juggernaut: Thalira-30 Mirialan Sith Sorceress: Kaliara-20 Chiss Sith Assassin
Officer of Arch Presidium
Ebon Hawk

dazednconfuzed
04.26.2012 , 07:20 AM | #20
For the Inquisitor, especially a female, evil Inquisitor, Ashara Zavros (or whatever her surname is).

She likes no companion gifts beyond getting a minor increase for I think 3 different types. All others get nothing.
She is light-sided (and in fact runs around claiming to be Jedi) so you can't get any affection with her from conversations if you are dark-sided, and she cannot be turned.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.