Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it possible to pry Corso off of your face?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
Is it possible to pry Corso off of your face?

Crezelle
04.25.2012 , 09:32 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
I didn't record this one myself, but the full extent of the questioning you can do is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49yyW...07B38E6C2A9A2C

He has ten seconds of remorse from 0:27 to 0:37. That's it, tragic backstory done, let's talk about you, Captain. To paraphrase what would've happened if I had gotten to say what I wanted to say:
lol...why can't my gen2 toons get men as smart and ****** as thier joiner daddy?
most i ever got out of him
Spoiler
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

DeutschGamer
04.25.2012 , 10:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Eutoxis View Post
er. no.

This is an example of men hating women, and by that I mean the way the whole female romance line is "written."

Corso is a creep. A stalker you can't take out a restraining order on, and whom you can't kill.
No, I was more along the lines of how sadistic some women can be regardless of a fictional character or not. Flirting just to tease, leading a person on, then getting angry at the person for making advances.

Corso most definitely isn't the perfect character, but most of the males in the game aren't when you play the way you do.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

Eutoxis
04.26.2012 , 06:18 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
No, I was more along the lines of how sadistic some women can be regardless of a fictional character or not. Flirting just to tease, leading a person on, then getting angry at the person for making advances.

Corso most definitely isn't the perfect character, but most of the males in the game aren't when you play the way you do.
You definitely have your people mixed up.

I don't tease the LI toons of my characters.

It is true, however, that every LI toon for a female player that I've ever encountered is repulsive on some level: cowtipper, catboy, sleazebag holoaddict for the republic side that I've seen so far; borged out bug, skeevy pirate, effeminate betrayer, bieber fett on the empire side.

bright_ephemera
04.26.2012 , 07:08 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Eutoxis View Post
It is true, however, that every LI toon for a female player that I've ever encountered is repulsive on some level: cowtipper, catboy, sleazebag holoaddict for the republic side that I've seen so far; borged out bug, skeevy pirate, effeminate betrayer, bieber fett on the empire side.
The one you're missing Republic side is the scumbag insincere player. At some point somebody will have to explain to me
Spoiler

I wasn't even trying to mistreat Corso, and for a long time I still did like his company, which just made his meltdown suck even more. Really, man? Can we not just say, once and for all, "Stop hitting on me," and then either part ways or agree to treat each other decently?
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Ellyria
04.26.2012 , 08:36 AM | #25
I wasn't even trying to mistreat Corso, and for a long time I still did like his company, which just made his meltdown suck even more. Really, man? Can we not just say, once and for all, "Stop hitting on me," and then either part ways or agree to treat each other decently?
Seems to be a problem with all the LIs, once you start their romance it's practically impossible to stop. You can yell "Stay away from me and keep your hands off!" all you want, but you're still with them. O.o You'd think BioWare would have given some type of romantic escape clause (like you get in Dragon Age Origins, at any time you could break it off with whoever you were romancing), instead of saying "Hey, you flirted with them, now you're stuck with them FOREVA!" Yeah... no thanks.
The Ebon Hawk ~ The Highwind Legacy The Shadowlands ~ The Highwind Legacy
Irritated Statement: Master, if you insist on echoing everything I say, this already tedious conversation is in danger of becoming even longer.

trfriers
04.26.2012 , 11:17 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle;
Personality wise...hes a little aloof at first, he's got his head pretty deep in the hive mind, but he eventually warms up to you. hes intelligent, HIGHLY observant, eager to serve, very eloquent and polite, force sensitive in some very backwards killik way that leaves him in a constant zen mode, poetic, and ..erm just roll an agent. you will ether go " ew" or be assimilated into the fangirl hivemind.
Thanks for the info, I'll probably romance him later on, I'll see how Quinn turns out.
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
And this is why men hate women.
Just want to say, it goes both ways. People can be jerks regardless of gender. I consider myself a "nice girl" and have been treated badly by men in the past, but that doesn't make me hate men. I personally love Corso because he is a southern gentlemen with a protective type personality, but that's what I like. I expect men to be nice and curtious, though I suppose that's not what everyone wants. Just saying that there are plenty of nice girls like myself that appreciate nice guys.

When it comes down to it, it's a fictional romance and should be fun for whoever is playing the game. Not everyone role plays as well as others, like I cant even pick the flirt choices with anyone other then my Corso because it makes me feel bad, just like it would in RL. So if hating on poor Corso is your thing then hey, go for it, but that's not everyone's style so generalizations aren't exactly fair.
Sahmira ScoundrelSonora Marauder
The Fatman

bright_ephemera
04.26.2012 , 12:20 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by trfriers View Post
Thanks for the info, I'll probably romance him later on, I'll see how Quinn turns out.
Quinn is something special. I've played SW start to finish. I would say a relationship with him goes very slow, but it goes very slow for a guy who starts out day 1 swearing himself to you and your cause, to follow where you lead, to hold any line you choose, to offer everything he is and has in your name - not for profit, not because he has no other place to go, but because he believes in you.

You know, once you get past that lil' detail the relationship goes slow. I had more fun backing off when he got actively nervous, and passing over [Flirt]s to keep him comfortable at my side (he'll approach when he's ready), than I had with any other romance in the game.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

trfriers
04.26.2012 , 01:19 PM | #28
Quinn is something special. I've played SW start to finish. I would say a relationship with him goes very slow, but it goes very slow for a guy who starts out day 1 swearing himself to you and your cause, to follow where you lead, to hold any line you choose, to offer everything he is and has in your name - not for profit, not because he has no other place to go, but because he believes in you.

You know, once you get past that lil' detail the relationship goes slow. I had more fun backing off when he got actively nervous, and passing over [Flirt]s to keep him comfortable at my side (he'll approach when he's ready), than I had with any other romance in the game.
That sounds awesome. Slow is good, I rushed it with Corso, his affection was 10000 at level 35. I haven't got Quinn yet, I get him in the 20s right? Gonna take it slow with him seems like it will be a bit more enjoyable that way.
Sahmira ScoundrelSonora Marauder
The Fatman

Eutoxis
04.26.2012 , 02:28 PM | #29
The one you're missing Republic side is the scumbag insincere player. At some point somebody will have to explain to me
Spoiler

Explaining as best I can...

I find
Spoiler
effeminate because:

1. He's just a little too good looking (which I find creepy in bugborgboy as well).
2. His accent is just a little too refined.
3. His stance and pose remind me a little too much of a Mako reskin.
4. His general "fussiness" strikes me, rightly or wrongly, as feminine rather than masculine.

Re: Corso

It's funny. On one of my smugglers (I've played a few), I tried to run the Corso romance, and stopped in amused disgust when he
Spoiler
At that point, I declared that ship to have sailed, and proceeded to shoot him down at every turn.

Toogeloo
04.26.2012 , 02:47 PM | #30
Have you seen "Sparkles" too? I mean really... all it is is a sex toy with a scope on it... look at it. Really... look at it.

Corso has it bad for Femsmug.