Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any tricks to keep from going afk while crafting?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Any tricks to keep from going afk while crafting?

Sparktite
04.25.2012 , 08:25 PM | #1
I know the simple answer is to just move my toon, but i find myself forgetting to do that often enough that i get logged off and have to open up all my windows and figure out where i left off.

Are there any in game macros or things i can do/setup in order to not have to constantly worry about being afk?

I find it annoying because usually when im crafting im doing something else not in game, or im just crafting. I dont usually work on my crew skills while playing the game unless im collecting a static resource.

Geawiel
04.25.2012 , 08:57 PM | #2
I have the same issue but, I'm usually doing something else while I craft. Usually watching tv. I don't mind the auto logout though. It never puts me out enough to have to re enter my password. So, it's just a few clicks to being back in. In most MMOs, you will usually get banned for using a macro to have you not log out.
Rest is good for the blood....and your rest shall be eternal!

Sparktite
04.25.2012 , 09:42 PM | #3
yeah but i thought there might be a legal trick or macro, i thought this game had in game macroing like SWG had, but i was assuming it was a lot less versatile

i can deal with it, it just gets more and more annoying every time it happens lol

Hajizan
04.25.2012 , 10:06 PM | #4
This is what happens when a game is designed as a f2p model. A p2p game model should never kick a paying customer off. Or maybe it could just simply be that the swtor servers cannot handle the 15 people afk at fleet.

Dralshyeraj
04.25.2012 , 10:10 PM | #5
You could always tape one of your movement key buttons down so that you are constantly spinning in place, that might help.

-Dral

Skodan
04.25.2012 , 10:49 PM | #6
happens to me more often when i use the GTN since i usually put lots of items up at once (usually early friday nights to get the weekend players), i just try to run forward like 2 feet when crafting every few minutes
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

TupacLives
04.25.2012 , 11:50 PM | #7
Fairly sure just keeping autorun on prevents you from being kicked, I know it used to work when I'd just use my phone to run crew skills when I was away. Could have changed since then, I haven't tried it in awhile

williambr
04.25.2012 , 11:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dralshyeraj View Post
You could always tape one of your movement key buttons down so that you are constantly spinning in place, that might help.

-Dral
I set the corner of a book on my num lk lol
Don't take me too seriously, I don't

DarthDemens
04.26.2012 , 12:55 AM | #9
Depending on what you're trying to do while crafting, you could always open the interface editor. i believe a recent patch changed it where you won't afk out while in that mode, though I haven't tested it myself.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions