Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

APAC character transfer: what to expect

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
APAC character transfer: what to expect

Saint-ism
04.25.2012 , 05:37 PM | #11
Will there be a second round of transfers? I was out of the country and couldn't make it :S

Midget_Yoda
04.25.2012 , 06:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Obviously, if you've contacted Customer Service, I'd wait for a response. You can raise a different ticket with them if you wish.
That's really the official Bioware response ? You still can't get automated transfers working (even though you're running a PTS) , and your customer service is so poor that there's not even an _acknowledgement_ of the ticket 5 days after submission, and your reply is "obviously wait"? Really?

Decreed
04.25.2012 , 09:15 PM | #13
What order are the xfers being performed in?

Puticus
04.25.2012 , 09:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by John_Matrix View Post
2 out of 3 of my flagged characters have transferred, one has been left behind on Swiftsure even though he was flagged for the transfer to the PvP server under my account info.
Yep same here only 2 of my 3 have been transferred. I have sent them a email but still waiting for reply

sidiouswumpscut
04.25.2012 , 09:48 PM | #15
Where can you sign up for these transfers? Can you please make it easier for paying subscribers to know about this and were they can go instead of making it secret?

Fafryd
04.25.2012 , 11:55 PM | #16
A guildmate didn't know about this either. He found out today and is out of luck, for now, unless they make exceptions.

LillyWhiteS
04.26.2012 , 01:25 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Saint-ism View Post
Will there be a second round of transfers? I was out of the country and couldn't make it :S
After seeing quite a few people miss the transfers for whatever reason, it would be good to have a second round.

It would only be a positive thing, creates some goodwill etc
Need a Variety of Warzone size/participants/objectives, something like an Alterac Valley.

Warhammer may have messed it up, but the idea of forts and the reward was sound, fix Ilum.

TziganeNZ
04.26.2012 , 01:34 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sidiouswumpscut View Post
Where can you sign up for these transfers? Can you please make it easier for paying subscribers to know about this and were they can go instead of making it secret?
They were only for Australia/Pacific players (certain countries only) who were playing prior to the release of the game into their areas to enable them to transfer to local-based servers.

It wasn't secret - there was lots of information about it on the front page of the website and on these forums for at least 3 weeks beforehand. If you didn't get an email about it, you weren't eligible for the transfer.

For those of us who were eligible (yes, I am one), transfers were only open for 1 week and closed off on April 24th. I'm still waiting for my characters to move (I registered late due to the problems with the form).

StephenReid
04.26.2012 , 10:21 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by sidiouswumpscut View Post
This is a specific, one-off character transfer process for those who were playing on US and European servers before Asia-Pacific servers were available for play. When a broader, more robust character transfer system is available, we'll make that very clear to all players.

For anyone who missed the initial window but may still be eligible, we'll have some more news on that before too long.

DavydM
04.26.2012 , 10:30 AM | #20
Hi Stephen,

Quick question if your around I just logged on to the game and 2 out of 4 of my characters appear to have been transfered to Dalbora, but I can not log on to Harbinger so guessing the other 2 are still being transfered. My question is can I log onto the ones that have already been transfered or am I better waiting until all 4 have been done? am I going to screw anything up if I log on to them before the process is finished and will I get an email to tell me the process has finished?

Nevermind - now cant log onto either server so going to go do soemthing else for a while
Squadron 419

Dalborra Conquerer Davyd Redstrum <The Shadow Syndicate> (Guildmaster)