Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

initial price when selling on GTN

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
initial price when selling on GTN

netskink
04.25.2012 , 07:37 AM | #1
Hello

How does the GTN determine the intial price for an item when dropped in the forsale slot? Is it the vendor price?

John

Skolops
04.25.2012 , 07:40 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by netskink View Post
Hello

How does the GTN determine the intial price for an item when dropped in the forsale slot? Is it the vendor price?

John
Yes, it's some multiple of the vendor price.

Natarii
04.25.2012 , 08:04 AM | #3
That being said, you should almost never accept the default price and put your own in based on what others are selling the item for. You can usually get vastly more money for it than the system 'thinks' it's worth.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

Seront
04.25.2012 , 08:51 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by netskink View Post
Hello

John
I believe it is 4xVendorPrice.

YanksfanJP
04.25.2012 , 09:36 AM | #5
One of the best ways to make money is to look for items that the seller posted for default price, and then buy it and resell it for the "real" price, which can often be a ton more.
I'm not arrogant. I'm just aware of my greatness.

XavinNydek
04.25.2012 , 10:04 AM | #6
Unless you are just trying to dump items, you will always want to charge 4x-20x what it suggests. Anything less is a waste of time. In particular, the game massively undervalues crafting materials and crafted equipment.

Frostbyt
04.25.2012 , 01:37 PM | #7
5x vendor price

Karl-Just-Karl
04.25.2012 , 08:21 PM | #8
What determines vendor price?

JediMasterBurst
04.25.2012 , 08:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Karl-Just-Karl View Post
What determines vendor price?
Its a set price that Bioware sets as a base price for the item to determine its value.

Example: Take a level 50 schematic, GTN selling price 2450 credits, vendor price is 540 credits, recommended selling price is approxmently 8000 credits.

*Its recommanded that your selling price is 3 to 20 times the GTN selling price and no lower than the vendor price.

*The vendor price is never higher than the GTN selling price except for non-tradeable items.
Website Mansurus Ordo Forums
Guild Co-Leader, Officer, Founder, Forum Administrator
Survivor of Beta Weekend # 3, 4, and 5