Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pure fun without romace

Mirandel
04.25.2012 , 06:04 PM | #1
Forums are full of crying "let me romance that companion!" (guilty myself). Yet there are companions that make playing fun without romance options.

First one comes to mind is Blizz, of course. But among more "human-like" there are others who I personally would never romance but they really make me want to play that class.
One is Gault, for example. So much fun, such humorous dialogs and remarks - sometimes I re-play dialogs just to see what HE would answer there.
Another is Talos. Really, that cute little man with his hilarious "just let me at them!" call saved SI gameplay for me. Was kind of bored and had to force myself to continue leveling.

My favorite class - JC - is no fun at all in companions department, other classes got some interesting romance options. But among totally un-romansable I can mentiong only those too. Great job on them, BW!

Crezelle
04.25.2012 , 06:24 PM | #2
doc lokin is pretty sweet. i would be lying if i didn't say it would be kinda kinkeh to pretend to be a foxy, young assistant to a mad scientist...but vector's pheremones have kept my agent in line as far as thats concerned ;p

too bad my agent is a healer...one day i plan to make a pureblood sniper to have him along, cause frankly, he is a heck of fun personality wise, even if you can't trust him.

my favourite quote to use when discussing him, from the last unicorn: "You may come and go as you please. My secrets guard themselves. Will yours do the same? "
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

bright_ephemera
04.25.2012 , 07:34 PM | #3
Fun sans romance:

- Vector. I know, he technically is romanceable, but my male Agent had a grand old time at his side. I love this guy's character. Would absolutely consider him a cherished friend. Could take or leave the romance, but I like his level-headed advice anyway.

- Lord Scourge. Oh yes please play more mind games while you try to shake me out of my blinkered Jedi path. Every piece of counsel he offers is golden. Just watch out, because gold has a way of changing you...

- T7-01. The first time Doc said something impolite and T7 beeped "Jedi = hero \\ you = idiot," the adorableness almost killed me. I'm not sure why "enthusiastic hero sidekick" gets so cute when put into that astromech syntax, but T7-01 was a reliable pick-me-up and friend.

- I'm looking forward to Blizz.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Mirandel
04.26.2012 , 08:35 AM | #4
Romansable companions is another story. Most of them are interesting and discussed a lot. But others are usually mentioned in topics like "most useless" and so on. While at least some of them deserve much more!

Guildrum
04.26.2012 , 08:48 AM | #5
Guss. Seriously, I hated his guts at first, but he's proven to be my saver in boss fights and my Smuggler's bro. His take on the whole "Jedi Code" and "Falling to the Dark Side" is interesting and honestly, unique. "I always imagined Sith were sadistic, brooding monsters hiding under your bed at night. Then I saw one in combat, now I can see why the Jedi put so much emphasis on not falling to the dark side."

That and the whole lightsaber thing he has is too funny, if only he could use one...

BlueSouthPike
04.26.2012 , 09:08 AM | #6
M1-4X is definitely up towards the top of the list of "Most Fun Companions". He's like a great, big, 3-legged, steel Captain America that follows you around. He's like HK-47's much nicer yet equally funny little brother. He's actually one of the few companions who's combat dialogue I never get tired of hear ("Must...Keep...Fighting!"). Plus, 4X is a great tank, and he even looks like one, too!

Jenovan
04.26.2012 , 09:58 AM | #7
I expected more Gault love! XD He had me from the beginning, when he
Spoiler

The guy is comedy gold (if you like snarky smart alecs), and generally has plenty to say about the topic at hand in conversations. My BH is heavily light side (LS IV), but she still has plenty of points of agreement with Gault, which was a pleasant surprise. And so far, his companion quests have been lulzy.

Spoiler

I just got Blizz, looking forward to seeing how he meshes in to our merry crew, too.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Mirandel
04.26.2012 , 01:23 PM | #8
I loved the scene between Gault and Torian at the end of Torian's quest on Taris. When you have to cover yourself with rakghoul's ...let's say guts and Gault says "No way, this is my best shirt!", getting answer from Torian "Was nice knowing you". Actually, from that moment I begun to like Torian (boy, it was so serious and ironical at the same time!). But Gault still the best with his funny comments.

CloudCastle
04.26.2012 , 04:16 PM | #9
I've been really enjoying hanging with Gus Tuno. Every time he opens his mouth I laugh. The weirdest though was once I was clicking on him repeatedly and he......threw up. Perhaps I poked him too much? I laughed so hard I think I got tears in my eyes.

Actually, I'm guilty of poking my companions a lot. Seems like most of them have an "annoyed" response they'll give you when you do. Another one that made me laugh was Akaavi Spar. She is soooo dang serious. After poking her for quite some time, she finally told me in her grumpiest voice:

"Perseverance will get you nowhere. I'll talk when I'm ready."

Crezelle
04.26.2012 , 04:19 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
I've been really enjoying hanging with Gus Tuno. Every time he opens his mouth I laugh. The weirdest though was once I was clicking on him repeatedly and he......threw up. Perhaps I poked him too much? I laughed so hard I think I got tears in my eyes.

Actually, I'm guilty of poking my companions a lot. Seems like most of them have an "annoyed" response they'll give you when you do. Another one that made me laugh was Akaavi Spar. She is soooo dang serious. After poking her for quite some time, she finally told me in her grumpiest voice:

"Perseverance will get you nowhere. I'll talk when I'm ready."
it's good that i'm not the only one who pokes her crew to the point of utter annoyance >:3
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "