Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shutting Catboy down

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Birna
04.03.2012 , 06:27 PM | #11
There does need to at least be a way to break up with someone once you've started down their path. Ideally, it would be a conversation YOU could start at ANY TIME. I really dislike how you can get locked into a relationship forever and ever, and too bad for you if you changed your mind.

ImariKurumi
04.04.2012 , 02:40 AM | #12
Hmmm, they might introduce a "divorce" option later on or maybe a polygamy option for male characters ROFL. Theres proabably gonna be more romanceable companions in future expansions, so makes sense to have that option.

Harukaze
04.25.2012 , 02:11 PM | #13
Sorry to necro my own thread, but I thought I'd give it an update. It turns out, Catboy is worse than I thought at taking no for an answer.

I got my Trooper to 45, so I could survive the final mission in the Deadeyes storyarc. Very good story, that was, by the way, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I get back to my ship, and there's three more missions left for me with Jorgan. All three of them are relationship related. The first one, I tell him I had fun but I'm not as interested in him as he is in me. Loss of 160 affection. Does that end it? No! Second one, he PROPOSES. I turn him down, another loss of 160 affection. Still not the end? You betcha! He immediately proceeds to wonder about having kids - I think he said adopting them, but honestly I stopped paying attention to him by then. Thankfully, saying I didn't want kids didn't lose me any more affection.

Seriously, Bioware. Some of us don't want romances with our subordinate officers. Ever. Don't railroad us like this again, thanks.

CharlesBoyd
04.25.2012 , 03:41 PM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
First, allow me to apologize that you encountered this situation. It certainly was not our intention to railroad anyone into any companion romance plotline. Player choice is a core part of the game experience, and anything taking that away is very concerning!

It is not intended for Players to enter a romance with Jorgan without specifically choosing to flirt with him, by picking Player options marked with [Flirt] when he first shows a romantic interest. If you never chose such options, and have not already filed a bug on this issue, please do, so that we can investigate further.

Tiber_Septim
04.27.2012 , 01:48 AM | #15
I always picked the professional, no non-sense options and he never tried to initiate a romance. Surely you did something wrong.

ImariKurumi
04.27.2012 , 02:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiber_Septim View Post
I always picked the professional, no non-sense options and he never tried to initiate a romance. Surely you did something wrong.
Harukaze, lead him... and dump him...

DeutschGamer
04.27.2012 , 02:39 AM | #17
Just didn't pick the right options early enough in the story.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

Harukaze
04.27.2012 , 02:52 AM | #18
I realize this was a necro and thus all the posts on the first page of the thread are old, but none of the recent posters read that page. Seriously, it's only one page.

I made it very clear: I never, ever flirted with Catboy. I accepted his gift sans flirting, because I thought that the third option was being far too mean. This is, to my knowledge, the only romance that has one starting point and one only: that gosh darn necklace. Only by being a complete ***** can you avoid the romance. Once you're forced into a romance you don't want, there are very, very few places where you can say you don't want to continue, and HE DOES NOT LISTEN. I currently have characters of seven classes, everything but Bounty Hunter, and in none of those classes is the romance such a railroad.

This is extremely disappointing to say the very least.

Wallach
04.27.2012 , 02:55 AM | #19
Sounds pretty stupid, honestly. I'd definitely be annoyed.

Harukaze
04.28.2012 , 03:11 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
First, allow me to apologize that you encountered this situation. It certainly was not our intention to railroad anyone into any companion romance plotline. Player choice is a core part of the game experience, and anything taking that away is very concerning!

It is not intended for Players to enter a romance with Jorgan without specifically choosing to flirt with him, by picking Player options marked with [Flirt] when he first shows a romantic interest. If you never chose such options, and have not already filed a bug on this issue, please do, so that we can investigate further.
I apologize profusely, I appear to have had a blind day when you posted. How I missed bright yellow text, I don't know. Either way thank you for responding and letting me know that that was not intentional. Knowing this, I feel much better. I am submitting a bug report now.