Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

Irridium
04.25.2012 , 02:21 PM | #11
It was good fun, though the companion boxes made me angry. Three openings in a row and I got the same customization. For the one class I don't have a character in. Would be nice if we could trade them, or if it was set so we didn't open the same thing three times in a row.

Minor complain based on how unlucky I am I know, but it still made me sad

For future events, I suggest either a Taun-Taun uprising on Hoth, or Womp-Rat Olympics on whatever planet you feel is best.
Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them your a mile away and have their shoes.

Atriedes
04.25.2012 , 02:22 PM | #12
Loved it and am excited for more events, but hope they happen throughout the SW Universe as opposed to just a single planet.

I would also love to see more quests/dailies of varying difficulties (maybe not toughness of enemies, but other things that make it more difficult/time consuming) within events and for there to be meta-games within the event

CygnusMX
04.25.2012 , 02:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Malachae View Post
I definitely prefer solid rewards over random rewards. Aside from that, it was a great event. Very creative, good reward system, and an exciting implementation
Agree

I liked the News announcement on fleet, it was kind of retro feel to it,was a great event.

Owsley
04.25.2012 , 02:23 PM | #14
I loved the way that it unfolded. I logged in early Sunday morning close to the start of the event. I first noticed th kiosk pop up on fleet and after viewing the "news report" my immediate reaction was "YES! " I've played MMOs since UO was launched and I give you big kudos for how this went down. It brought a real sense of excitment and a feeling that it was an actual breaking news event. Players were reporting bits and piecess of information and like with any major news story, the internet was abuzz with both correct information and wild speculation. Well played. My only comment would be to keep the secrecy and scarity of official ingame info intact with future events. Figuring out what was happening had a real "fog of war" feeling. One improvement would be to leave the vendor up for a few days after the event.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

Badnamed
04.25.2012 , 02:23 PM | #15
In my opinion the event was too brief, but the SPAM to sell DNA was too much so I'm glad it's over...

Next time, maybe do a longer event but in a way it has less impact on the general chat... Maybe BOP intermediary items and BOE final items, I don't know...

The random companion customization was a downer too... That was the only thing I was looking for and I only got stuff to companions I don't even have yet...

BenjaminminU
04.25.2012 , 02:23 PM | #16
I thought it was fun because it encouraged all players regardless of class, level or faction to go to tatooine, it also caused a lot more open world pvp in the wreck of the stardream which was fun.

In the future I would like to see some similar events but ones that don't involve rakghouls. Perhaps an ugnaught rampage or something cool, maybe create a space station just for the event and not have some sort of plague that spreads between players.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

_Hibbs
04.25.2012 , 02:24 PM | #17
The best thing about the event was its randomness and lack of notice. It just sort've happened... and was left there for people to explore. I hope future events are also just as spontaneous and that they are not "canned" or "hyped-up" in advance.

The idea that it's possible for you to miss the whole thing entirely because you don't log in for two weeks adds balance to the game imo. Too much of swtor is scripted/instanced and random events that can pass you by give more of an existential feel to an otherwise scripted world.

In the future, maybe some sort of high-level NPC assault or sneak attack can happen on one planet requiring players to band together for a week to beat it back. Perhaps this threat could even come from beyond the outer rim (!!!) which would necessitate both Empire and Republic alike to temporarily put aside their quarrels and face a common enemy... This would create a conflict with something at stake for both sides (preventing a third faction from occupying a given planet and its friendly NPCs) while avoiding the widespread problem of faction imbalance.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Twin Spears | Peacekeeper | International

Kalthalos
04.25.2012 , 02:27 PM | #18
Loved it! Want to see more of it! How about imposing faction incursions that need to be fought back? Maybe you can tie in a space mission next time?
I've got a bad feeling about this...

Agitated
04.25.2012 , 02:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
I thought it was fun because it encouraged all players regardless of class, level or faction to go to tatooine, it also caused a lot more open world pvp in the wreck of the stardream which was fun.
this all over

really appreciated just roaming tat getting some decent open world that didnt involve a zerg

kudos to bioware on this
I know I believe in nothing but it's my nothing
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu
https://twitter.com/#!/afterlifelegion

recsa
04.25.2012 , 02:27 PM | #20
it was VERY fun the frist day, it was fun second day, but then third day wasnt and fourth started to become tedious, on fifth it became a forced grind to finish the light armor set i will probably never use, but will hoard in bank.

The color crystal reward was awesome, the pet pretty cool, but the companion customization box was subpar.
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.