Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

04.25.2012 , 01:17 PM | #1
Hello everyone! James Ohlen, Game Director for Star Wars: The Old Republic, is looking for your feedback on the game's development once again. This week, with the Rakghoul Plague finally contained, he's looking for feedback on in-game events.

James takes feedback directly via his Twitter account (@JamesOhlen), but if you're not on Twitter, his question is below and you can give your feedback here which will be passed on to him.

As always, we ask you to limit your feedback to the question at hand and keep your feedback constructive as well as on-topic!

Here is James' question for this week:

"The Rakghoul Plague was a very popular event. You’re going to see more surprises like it in the future.

I want to hear your thoughts on why you thought the Rakghoul plague was fun. Also, what kind of stuff would you like to see in the future?"

As a reminder, you can follow James on Twitter @JamesOhlen. You can also follow our main account @SWTOR.

04.25.2012 , 02:16 PM | #2
Loved it! Can't wait to see more events, maybe with less RNG on the boxes, and more things to earn based on time played, and not based on how lucky you get with those damn lucky boxes.
Click here to visit my Videogames Review Site
@XtraLifeBastion <-- Follow me on Twitter!
"I stopped eating McDonalds last year, but this doesn't mean I should write them a tear filled letter telling them why I have done so, I just don't give them money and don't go into the restaurants"

04.25.2012 , 02:17 PM | #3
I WANT MORE! I love it! Keep on, keeping on!

04.25.2012 , 02:19 PM | #4
A short some up:
Since there was no advance notice, some people missed it because of vacation.
The daily chaining (one new daily when you finish the one of the previous day) was kind-of disturbing to people who couldn't play every day.

The plague lasted through death, while the vaccine didn't, which in some points wasn't all that cool, especially with those who did not own a level 50. (High price for vaccine)
My guild is of opinion it could have lasted a bit longer.

Also, especially for those on pvp servers, more than one vendor for the unique currency would've been nice. Vendor camping like hell, I've seen and heard it. Although some interesting wars did develop in the dune sea...

Negative effect on warzones was slightly annoying -- when infected, it'd randomly break your stealth (when you normally would get "stunned", which was disabled in WZs apparantly)

I'd say, keep the events coming! Good work!
I am in no way affiliated with BioWare. I am simply a Star Wars: The Old Republic player.

04.25.2012 , 02:19 PM | #5
I loved it but I forgot there was a way to give in your DNA to get stuff. So i would love for there to be a vendor on the fleets or somewhere who can take the leftovers for the items. Please!!!

04.25.2012 , 02:20 PM | #6
I definitely prefer known rewards over random rewards (boxes). Aside from that, it was a great event. Very creative, good reward system, and an exciting implementation
Sometimes they really are out to get you.

04.25.2012 , 02:20 PM | #7
I myself loved having something else to do besides daily's and nothing beats going into a 16man hard mode EV and exploding on first boss when we stacked for missile salvo and because of the resulting stun from infecting them wiping on the boss. I don't think i have ever laughed so hard playing a video game. That is a memory that will always come to mind when i think of SWTOR just like back in WoW when my guild downed 25m lich king with only 3 people alive, me a frost dk, a holy priest and a holy paladin.

04.25.2012 , 02:21 PM | #8
Absolutely loved it, and I hope we get to see more world events like this frequently in the future! The first day I spent the vast majority of my time out of Tatooine participating in the dailies and world boss kills, it was nice to have a fun reason to get away from the fleet for a change.

Edit to add: Only gripe would be having to rely on the random chance boxes to get a full set of the companion customizations. Spent hundreds of DNA on those things and still came up short 2 of the full set of 8, would have much rather just had the option to purchase them individually.
Republic Commando

04.25.2012 , 02:21 PM | #9
Alright - next time I would like to see an infestation of wamp rats. Maybe they were bitten by rhakgouls and turned into RAT-ghouls...har har.

Players will be running around with wamp rats hanging off or maybe a big pack following them, incumbering their movement speed exponentially. Yeah, that's about the only thing I can think of that would be more annoying than vomiting every 2 minutes or randomly exploding.
"Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt." -Bane

04.25.2012 , 02:21 PM | #10
It was EPIC!! what do I do with all these DNA samples....
"You must unlearn what you have learned..." -- Master Yoda